NYPD sees 49 percent spike in officers filing for retirement amid George Floyd unrest

antitox

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-272-retirement-filing-floyd-protests

The NYPD told Fox News on Saturday that 272 officers have filed for retirement between Floyd's death and June 23.

A wave of NYPD officers has filed for retirement in the weeks following George Floyd's death on May 25, refocusing attention on police morale amid widespread protests and calls to defund law enforcement.

The NYPD told Fox News on Saturday that 272 officers have filed for retirement between Floyd's death and June 23. That represents a 49 percent increase over the same period in 2019.

Resignations and actual retirements have remained relatively stable with 135 retirements in 2020 and 131 during the same time last year. According to the department, that's because the recent spate of filings hasn't been processed yet. The department saw 35 resignations in 2019 compared to 36 so far in 2020.

Hundreds of police officers have reportedly been injured as protests, at times violent, rocked the nation. That included hundreds from the NYPD as the city weighed cutting its budget and transferring funds to other programs in the city.

Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch told the New York Post that officers were at their "breaking point."

"We are all asking the same question: ‘How can we keep doing our job in this environment?’" he said. "And that is exactly what the anti-cop crowd wants. If we have no cops because no one wants to be a cop, they will have achieved their ultimate goal.”

On Thursday, the Post reported that a Bronx precinct commander decided to quit over the NYPD's handling of police reform. Deputy Inspector Richard Brea reportedly took issue with the department's decision to disband its anti-crime unit.

Amid growing unrest, politicians have proposed a variety of reforms at the federal and local levels. Departments across the country have also seen a slew of firings related to controversial police encounters.

Former Atlanta Police Officer Garrett Rolfe was fired quickly after he shot and killed 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks in what some have defended as a justified use of force. After the city charged Rolfe with murder, a wave of the city's police officers called out of work.

Those calling for reform have generally argued that the justice system is plagued by systemic racism and needs sweeping change to protect African-Americans from brutality.

On Thursday, the House of Representatives passed a large police reform proposal, which was described by its sponsor as a "victory" against police brutality.

“Today’s bipartisan passage of the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act in the House is not just a victory for the Congressional Black Caucus and its founding members who first championed legislation to address the issue of police brutality," Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., said.

"This is a victory for our entire country. For far too long, Black Americans have endured systemic racism and discrimination -- especially from police. Congress may have written this bill, but the people own it. Now that this historic bill has passed the House, we call upon our colleagues in the Senate to commit to a good faith negotiation on the provisions put forward by the House in the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.”

GEOINTAnalyst

I wonder when the law abiding citizenry starts to get their home broke into and the mobs take over the streets who are they going to call ?

Hitler was well aware most Germans had not voted for him or the NSDAP before 1933. He wanted strict laws to prohibit political opposition, to deal with dissidents and ‘underground’ resistance. Hitler also wanted to reduce crime and eliminate what he viewed as ‘anti-social behaviors’, including alcoholism, begging, promiscuity, prostitution and homosexuality. He also supported radical measures since adopted by modern governments, such as gun control and bans on smoking in public places. The process of crafting this fascist society was called Gleichschaltung, which translates as ‘moulding into shape’ or ‘forced co-ordination’. While many Nazi policies were part of Gleichschaltung, law and order policies were particularly important.

Over time, Nazi Germany was transformed into a true police state. This was achieved through the formation of several new law enforcement and investigative agencies, each with wide-ranging powers. Some of these organizations, like the Gestapo, were notorious for using intimidation, torture and extra-legal killing. Others, like the Sicherheitsdienst, are less well known but were no less fearsome. The Nazi's eliminated the old police force and created a new one.

As they say in the Latin - Ordo ab Chao - order out of chaos - create the chaos then establish the order.

Kem

Citizen
And when they eventually replace the police, it will be with their own sympathizers who care nothing about law and order, and everything about control.
My thinking is that the globalists are behind this and plan for chaos to happen first, then they will bring in global police. Naturally the local police will be more caring of their own local population but police from foreign countries will be ruthless and harsh. That is what I believe is coming.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
I wonder when the law abiding citizenry starts to get their home broke into and the mobs take over the streets who are they going to call ?

Hitler was well aware most Germans had not voted for him or the NSDAP before 1933. He wanted strict laws to prohibit political opposition, to deal with dissidents and ‘underground’ resistance. Hitler also wanted to reduce crime and eliminate what he viewed as ‘anti-social behaviors’, including alcoholism, begging, promiscuity, prostitution and homosexuality. He also supported radical measures since adopted by modern governments, such as gun control and bans on smoking in public places. The process of crafting this fascist society was called Gleichschaltung, which translates as ‘moulding into shape’ or ‘forced co-ordination’. While many Nazi policies were part of Gleichschaltung, law and order policies were particularly important.

Over time, Nazi Germany was transformed into a true police state. This was achieved through the formation of several new law enforcement and investigative agencies, each with wide-ranging powers. Some of these organizations, like the Gestapo, were notorious for using intimidation, torture and extra-legal killing. Others, like the Sicherheitsdienst, are less well known but were no less fearsome. The Nazi's eliminated the old police force and created a new one.

As they say in the Latin - Ordo ab Chao - order out of chaos - create the chaos then establish the order.
Exactly!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
If I was in the NYPD I think I would have walked off by now. It ain't worth it. And I'm not taking chances with my life with that communist Warren Wilhem running the show. He can go out on patrol if he doesn't think they need cops. Warren is a mental midget.

Lovin Jesus

DeBlasio submitted his budget cut for police services and council set to vote on it today. One billion dollars in cuts. They are also set to cancel the recruit academy for July, so no new officers expected. They’re cutting school safety program. They already did away with the crime unit and redistributed the officers to other duties. The Mayor says the budget cuts will go to community programs and assures citizens they will be safe.
IDK

SpaceBum

If the left ever achieve absolute power, their secret police force will be more like Lenin's Cheka and Stalin's NKVD. The Nazi brownshirts, the SA, were the Nazi Party's answer to the communists' own gangs of street thugs during the 1930s. Although there was significant political repression in Germany at the time, it wasn't until the war years that the Nazi security apparatus really kicked into gear, and by that time different organizations emerged to take care of that evil business. I know the Nazi paramilitary organizations are more well known, but, in my opinion, the communist security forces were far more sinister and effective than their Nazi counterparts. Remember, many of the Nazi atrocities occurred during the war, and were guided by wartime decision-making. The infamous Wannsee Conference of 20 January 1942, for instance, took place soon after the disastrous failure of the German offensive at Moscow and subsequent Soviet counteroffensive. Hitler became furious after the setback in Russia. The failure of Operation Typhoon factored into the Final Solution policy that emerged from the Wannsee Conference. Not that it excuses anything, of course, but it does provide important context. In addition, there was significant partisan activity in many areas that German military forces occupied, so many atrocities occurred while German security and police units conducted anti-partisan warfare. The communists, in contrast, committed the majority of their atrocities during times of peace, when the task of eliminating dissidents and "counterrevolutionaries" received the state's full attention. That was as true for Soviet Russia as it was for Maoist China and Khmer Rouge Cambodia.

Last edited:

Batman

DeBlasio submitted his budget cut for police services and council set to vote on it today. One billion dollars in cuts. They are also set to cancel the recruit academy for July, so no new officers expected. They’re cutting school safety program. They already did away with the crime unit and redistributed the officers to other duties. The Mayor says the budget cuts will go to community programs and assures citizens they will be safe.
IDK
DeBlasio is a disgrace and only in 2020 could he get away with the stupidity that he does. It's interesting that they want to cut so much from the police services budget while just this coming week/weekend (4th of July) Chicago is ramping up LEO presence due to the coming violence.............and not violence specifically from BLM/Protests/Riots, just violence for the sake of violence, gangs, drugs, and other scumbag activities.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
My thinking is that the globalists are behind this and plan for chaos to happen first, then they will bring in global police. Naturally the local police will be more caring of their own local population but police from foreign countries will be ruthless and harsh. That is what I believe is coming.
Yes, I agree...this reminds me of the Christmas day during WWI where American and German soldiers went into No Man's Land to share Christmas meal and play soccer with eachother and then they wouldn't fire upon eachother anymore, so the Generals broke up the units and had new soldiers come in so they could start the war again. An outside police force would be brutal.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps this "defund the police" movements is what will lead into more "lawlessness" that is predicted for the last days. Watch them riot, loot, and destroy I think can give us an idea of how the Tribulation will be for unrepentant sinners. It does not end well for them. JMHO.

Lovin Jesus

Perhaps this "defund the police" movements is what will lead into more "lawlessness" that is predicted for the last days. Watch them riot, loot, and destroy I think can give us an idea of how the Tribulation will be for unrepentant sinners. It does not end well for them. JMHO.
I’m sure it will. In NY there was a large crowd in from of city hall as they waited to see if the defunding bill passed. They were asked if it passed were they going to leave. They didn’t answer but instead shouted “ hang them from a tree!”.I don’t think anything will satisfy them. I think it will get worse

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
I’m sure it will. In NY there was a large crowd in from of city hall as they waited to see if the defunding bill passed. They were asked if it passed were they going to leave. They didn’t answer but instead shouted “ hang them from a tree!”.I don’t think anything will satisfy them. I think it will get worse
Seeing how the mobs are getting now *with* the restrainer, I cannot imagine the level violent psychopath frenzies they will get into after the restrainer is removed. I am horrified for anyone left behind.