NYC Catholic Church Hosts ‘God Is Trans’ Exhibit

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
NYC Catholic Church Hosts ‘God Is Trans’ Exhibit
You knew this was coming.
By Robert Spencer

Well, this was inevitable. It was only a matter of time before Leftist Christians, marinating in the relentless insanity of their pet causes, would fashion gods in their own image: trans, queer, woke, and whatever else the Left is idolizing. The Church of St. Paul the Apostle, a Roman Catholic parish on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, has shown itself to be only too happy to forsake the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for the Left’s idols of the moment, so it was the perfect place for a recent exhibit celebrating everything the Left cherishes most: narcissism, perversion, delusion, and madness. The church has put up an exhibit entitled “God is Trans: A Queer Spiritual Journey.”

One never knows in these heady days of the woke Pope Francis, but this exhibit seems to run directly contrary to the Catholic Church’s position on these matters. Back in 2019, the Vatican’s Congregation for Catholic Education issued a document entitled “‘Male and Female He Created Them’: Towards a Path of Dialogue on the Question of Gender Theory in Education.” It stated that the transgender ideology was a “fictitious construct” and that the ideas of “intersex” or “transgender” led to “a masculinity or femininity that is ambiguous, even though (in a self-contradictory way), these concepts themselves actually presuppose the very sexual difference that they propose to negate or supersede.”

The Vatican added that transgenderism “has the effect of obscuring the fact that a person’s sex is a structural determinant of male or female identity.” In other words, you were born a boy or a girl. Your gender identity was not, as the fashionable parlance would have it, “assigned” to you. This is common-sense stuff, which is rare enough these days, and it didn’t fly at the Church of St. Paul the Apostle.

The UK’s Daily Mail reported Monday that the exhibit, which was created by an artist named Adah Unachukwu, “features somewhat abstract colorful paintings which appear to show where the personal meets the spiritual, with videos of the artist among more traditional holy imagery.” That sounds innocuous enough, but the exhibit itself actually states: “God is Trans maps the queer spiritual journey by three significant points: Sacrifice, Identity and Communion.” One painting, Sacrifice, addresses “the need to shed an old life and personhood in order to be able to focus on your spiritual need. There is no devil, just past selves.”

That last bit goes way beyond even what the advocates of transgender madness have asserted before. We’re told that calling a man who has decided he is a woman by his old male name is the unacceptable sin of “deadnaming,” but now at St. Paul’s, the former self of a person suffering from transgender madness is not just dead, but demonic. And the rest of the statement, about shedding the old life and personhood, is a woke caricature of the actual Christian faith, and of Jesus’ statement: “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” (Matthew 16:24)

The exhibit inadvertently pointed up its own narcissism and self-absorption in saying: “What does holiness look like? What does your god look like? Are those two portrayals that can be merged?” The answer for the Left is that their god looks exactly like them, as they have made themselves into gods in claiming that sex is “assigned,” not embedded in every cell, and can be changed at will.

Not everyone was thrilled with this idolatry. The New York Post reported Sunday that one parishioner declared: “The church should not be promoting this. I understand there are transgender people. I pray for all people but enough is enough. It seems like they are trying to force the agenda on others.” Gee, ya think? The same person added: “Also, when a friend asked a priest about this they didn’t answer. You can’t put this out on the altar and then hide. That’s what gets the church in trouble.” Indeed. If the clergymen at St. Paul’s are going to embrace and proselytize for woke pseudo-Christianity, they should own up proudly to what it is doing, not skulk around in the shadows hoping to snare the unwary.

This being Manhattan, others were quite happy with the exhibit. One woman said: “I don’t understand the art, but this church is very liberal, which is why I love this church. They are really in the present when others are not.” Great. But the idea of the Church is not to be “in the present,” but to express eternal truths. St. Paul’s has instead opted to push the fashions of the moment, bringing to mind another one of Jesus’ statements: “Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” (Matthew 15:14)

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/nyc-catholic-church-hosts-god-is-trans-exhibit/

SkyRider

In Catholic theology, they have been into the “trans” movement for a long time. They transformed the gospel of grace into a gospel of works; Mary has been transformed into a goddess, who can hear and answer prayer apparently; the Savior's one time sacrifice on the cross has been transformed into a nonstop continuation of the sacrifice of Him via each and every Mass; immediately upon death, a Catholic is transported to a fictitious place called Purgatory to purge away any leftover sins that supposedly Christ's horrible death on the cross could not atone for, nor could a lifetime of membership in the Roman Catholic process of salvation thru penances and masses; and the ultimate transformation of Jesus Christ happens when a Catholic priest, after muttering a few words, can have each and every wafer on a Catholic altar become the Creator of the universe, in the “trans” procedure of “Transubstantiation”. The Catholic Church apostatized long ago, departing from any Biblical moorings. So why not this new “trans” movement; it fits their modus operandi.

Last edited:

Xenosjeff

They say Rome does not change but it does. Always for the worse. Politics, economics, social dominion, military dominance. All of these factors are present in the history of Rome. Also, you see cultural syncrotism, mergers with pagan elements and overtaking of entire civilizations bent into a warped minion of whatever order is in favor.

It may not be on the front page of the Catholic Register but the homosexual lobby within romanism is strong and growing stronger. I've witnessed first hand flamboyant gay men working as an ordained Catholic priest. The local parish priest in our town is known for being rather obvious in provocative clothing. Just wait, as soon as they can it's going to be normalized.

Yuk.

Jeff

Jaybird

They say Rome does not change but it does. Always for the worse. Politics, economics, social dominion, military dominance. All of these factors are present in the history of Rome. Also, you see cultural syncrotism, mergers with pagan elements and overtaking of entire civilizations bent into a warped minion of whatever order is in favor.

It may not be on the front page of the Catholic Register but the homosexual lobby within romanism is strong and growing stronger. I've witnessed first hand flamboyant gay men working as an ordained Catholic priest. The local parish priest in our town is known for being rather obvious in provocative clothing. Just wait, as soon as they can it's going to be normalized.

Yuk.

Jeff
The Pope is on record as saying that "who am I to judge" so he is obviously moving in that direction and will most certainly normalize it when the time is right. I would even go a step further and wouldn't be surprised if he gave his approval to men/boy relationships. This way he could justify the past and present actions of his priests molesting young boys. Disgusting, yes, but nothing coming out of this apostate "religion" would surprise me anymore.

SkyRider

The popes and their proclamations have long been under the inspiration of Satan. Forced celibacy for their priests is a prime example of that. Look at all the evil that has resulted as a direct result of that “infallible” directive: the raping and molesting of its members children and the very high number of homosexuals entering their priesthood. The Apostle Paul rightly referred to forced celibacy as a doctrine of devils. It is far cheaper for the supposed Holy Mother church to have a high gay population within its ranks than to have to fork out millions, maybe billions, for the crimes committed against those under their care. Of course they would push for a deviant lifestyle in homosexuality and the trans movement: the RCC has long been an abhorrent false religion pushing the devil's agenda.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
The popes and their proclamations have long been under the inspiration of Satan. Forced celibacy for their priests is a prime example of that. Look at all the evil that has resulted as a direct result of that “infallible” directive: the raping and molesting of its members children and the very high number of homosexuals entering their priesthood. The Apostle Paul rightly referred to forced celibacy as a doctrine of devils. It is far cheaper for the supposed Holy Mother church to have a high gay population within its ranks than to have to fork out millions, maybe billions, for the crimes committed against those under their care. Of course they would push for a deviant lifestyle in homosexuality and the trans movement: the RCC has long been an abhorrent false religion pushing the devil's agenda.
Why has the RC church forced celibacy on its priests (and nuns)? What does the church gain from it?

NewWine2020

In Catholic theology, they have been into the “trans” movement for a long time. They transformed the gospel of grace into a gospel of works; Mary has been transformed into a goddess, who can hear and answer prayer apparently; the Savior's one time sacrifice on the cross has been transformed into a nonstop continuation of the sacrifice of Him via each and every Mass; immediately upon death, a Catholic is transported to a fictitious place called Purgatory to purge away any leftover sins that supposedly Christ's horrible death on the cross could not atone for, nor could a lifetime of membership in the Roman Catholic process of salvation thru penances and masses; and the ultimate transformation of Jesus Christ happens when a Catholic priest, after muttering a few words, can have each and every wafer on a Catholic altar become the Creator of the universe, in the “trans” procedure of “Transubstantiation”. The Catholic Church apostatized long ago, departing from any Biblical moorings. So why not this new “trans” movement; it fits their modus operandi.

It really feels a lot like Roman Catholicism is nothing more than run of the mill pagan worship with a veneer of "Jesus stuff" slopped over it. When you really dig down deep and look at their veneration of Mary (and what seems to be a very neutered, childish "Jesus" who will only talk to you thru his Mother) It seems to bear an uncanny resemblance to the majority of the pagan matriarchal/Mother-Son cults of places like ancient Egypt (Isis and Horus) Babylon (Ishtar and Tamuzz) and Phoenicia (Ashtoreth and Baal).

In the past, a criticism of Christianity I've heard vocalized was that "Christians" adopted the timing of their major celebrations (Christmas/Easter) to eclipse/cover up major festivals of importance of assorted pagan/fertility religions. In the case of Roman Catholicism, that may well be true.

But the more I think about it, I'm kind of wondering if it's not the other way around and that Roman Catholicism is not simply a politicized paganism that is slowly showing it's true (pagan) face to the world.

There's also the fact that the VAST majority of the Christian atrocities that the world loves to constantly remind us of (The assorted Inquisitions and the many Crusades) occurred at the behest of the power hungry/politicized Roman Catholic Popes.

Makes one think.

NewWine2020

The Pope is on record as saying that "who am I to judge" so he is obviously moving in that direction and will most certainly normalize it when the time is right. I would even go a step further and wouldn't be surprised if he gave his approval to men/boy relationships. This way he could justify the past and present actions of his priests molesting young boys. Disgusting, yes, but nothing coming out of this apostate "religion" would surprise me anymore.

It may not be his job to "judge" but in the so called role of "gods representative on Earth" that he claims to hold, it is most CERTAINLY his job to uphold the WORD of GOD.

Unless, you know, the RCC is actually a pagan cult which stives to stay relevant by following the transient, sinful desires of man's heart vs the unchanging world of God almighty.

I used to think the beast religion would be a "New Age style" thing but the more I learn about the RCC and watch it today, the more I can see an even more worldly version of the RCC being the religious appendage of the antichrist after the Holy Restrainer departs.

The RCC leadership would most certainly embrace a globe spanning version of LGBTQ friendly communism.

SkyRider

Why has the RC church forced celibacy on its priests (and nuns)? What does the church gain from it?
From what I have heard regarding the decision to force their priests to remain celibate, is that it comes down to a purely financial decision: they supposedly take care of their retired priests but didn't want to be hamstrung with the financial liability of having to support widows or family members. Also it gives the thin veneer of supposed increased piety by showing that they are wholly dedicated to the service of God and not encumbered by having to take care of a family, although the Bible gives clear instructions for bishops and deacons to be the husband of one wife. That way they will not burn with sexual desire and create the unprecedented disaster that has resulted within Catholicism over the centuries. It is a satanic inspired ploy foisted on the clergy to destroy psychologically the lives of young people who look to the priests for spiritual guidance but instead are misused for sexual gratification. Despicable.

Jaybird

To add to SkyRider's post about the RCC and the celibacy of priests. I did read somewhere that one of the reasons for this was to prevent any priest from potentially leaving Church property (land, buildings, furnishings) to their heirs and thus keeping it in the possession of the Church.

The RCC is the poster child for apostasy. They should place a picture of the Vatican next to the word apostasy in the dictionary!

Back