Nostalgic memories you gotta love

ShilohRose

Sorry, I didn't read thru the whole thread. I get a magazine named The Country Store and they sell everything from all the old- timey candy to perfume like Ambush, Tabu, Old Spice, etc. It's worth a look, if you are interested you could probably peruse online.
Are you talking about the Vermont Country Store? I get the catalog, too, and it's a lot of fun.

ShilohRose

I used to get Super Bubble bubble gum, and my favorite was sour apple. I remember being appalled when it went from one cent per piece to three. At church, there was a wonderful lady who had no children, and she brought Super Bubble bubble gum for all of us kids on Sunday and Wednesday nights. I loved to blow bubbles with that gum. It was the official bubble gum for the bubble blowing contest on Field Day.

Charm Pops. I loved Charm Pops with the gum in the middle.

And orange Bubblicious bubble gum! I'd practically eat that stuff, just chew till the flavor was gone, throw away that piece and grab the next one.

I was bad to chew gum during school hours, and one of my teachers had a mean punishment for it. She caught me twice, and I had to sit on the wall for 30 seconds for the first infraction and 60 seconds for the second. I made sure she never caught me again. That made my thighs hurt. lol She was the high school home economics teacher, and I could never understand how she got that job. Her hair always looked like she attached the vacuum cleaner to her head every morning and sucked her hair up. Weird.

alisani

I used to get Super Bubble bubble gum, and my favorite was sour apple. I remember being appalled when it went from one cent per piece to three. At church, there was a wonderful lady who had no children, and she brought Super Bubble bubble gum for all of us kids on Sunday and Wednesday nights. I loved to blow bubbles with that gum. It was the official bubble gum for the bubble blowing contest on Field Day.

Charm Pops. I loved Charm Pops with the gum in the middle.

And orange Bubblicious bubble gum! I'd practically eat that stuff, just chew till the flavor was gone, throw away that piece and grab the next one.

I was bad to chew gum during school hours, and one of my teachers had a mean punishment for it. She caught me twice, and I had to sit on the wall for 30 seconds for the first infraction and 60 seconds for the second. I made sure she never caught me again. That made my thighs hurt. lol She was the high school home economics teacher, and I could never understand how she got that job. Her hair always looked like she attached the vacuum cleaner to her head every morning and sucked her hair up. Weird.
Do you remember the orange Gatorade gum?

ShilohRose

Yes, I remember the orange Gatorade gum. :)

It's the vermont country store . com with no spaces between the words. I started getting it when I was looking for Zagnuts, which my husband loves, and found them there. Cracker Barrel is a good place, too, as Tall Timbers says, but the Vermont Country Store has all sorts of things, like "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo.

alisani

It's the vermont country store . com with no spaces between the words. I started getting it when I was looking for Zagnuts, which my husband loves, and found them there. Cracker Barrel is a good place, too, as Tall Timbers says, but the Vermont Country Store has all sorts of things, like "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo.
Already see something or two or three....hmmmm....

MePlus6

Zagnuts? Me and your DH could be Candy Homies.