Nostalgic memories you gotta love

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I remember saving the comic wrappers for Bazooka and sending them in with 50 cents or so to get the silliest things, like trick hand buzzers. That was a time too when you could send away for other stuff too. Like sea monkeys.

I may have ordered the sea monkeys once. I never ordered the xray glasses that were supposed to see through things as I just didn't think they'd work as advertised...

alisani

I may have ordered the sea monkeys once. I never ordered the xray glasses that were supposed to see through things as I just didn't think they'd work as advertised...
My sis did the sea monkeys off an ad in the back of mad magazine. From bazooka Joe I remember the decoder/compass and a necklace and flashlight. Simpler times. We made our own fun mostly and so those cheap toys were just the cat's whiskers to us.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My sis did the sea monkeys off an ad in the back of mad magazine. From bazooka Joe I remember the decoder/compass and a necklace and flashlight. Simpler times. We made our own fun mostly and so those cheap toys were just the cat's whiskers to us.

And as kid I think I even enjoyed saving up the comics until I had whatever ridiculous amount was needed.

Last edited:

marcie123

Marcia
The gallon bottles came from the store.
As you said, the delivered ones were quarts.
Wonder whatever happened to the old insulated dairy box?
I so remember that! The milk man would come and open our garage door and deliver the milk in the insulated dairy box and close the garage door after he was done. The garbage men would come into our garage and get the garage cans haul them out and empty them in the truck, bring the cans back in and close the door. We didn’t have locks on our garage door back then.

Lovin Jesus

Remember way back when the title was something else? :lol
Yep. I thought is was time to change it. Back at post #51 Dear brother @Andy C made a great comment
“This turned into a good fellowship thread, based on an OP that is a .
Thanks a dot”
Since then I noticed the huge turnabout in the posts were all in nostalgic memories that everyone seemed to enjoy. The thread no longer was about the Food Wars affecting millions, rather it was about the wonderful memories most of us have growing up at a time that was much calmer and more enjoyable than it is today. So I requested the title be changed. Like?

Lovin Jesus

I so remember that! The milk man would come and open our garage door and deliver the milk in the insulated dairy box and close the garage door after he was done. The garbage men would come into our garage and get the garage cans haul them out and empty them in the truck, bring the cans back in and close the door. We didn’t have locks on our garage door back then.
No need for Ring security to video surveillance a thief walking away calmly with your milk bottles because the police would likely carry it for them. Oh those were the days.

Lovin Jesus

I can remember walking home from school, I may have been 11 or 12, stopping by the local neighborhood market. McGee’s Market. I would walk inside go to the candy isle and grab handfuls of penny candy and drop it on the store counter. Mr McGee would ask, “ will that be all young lady? Will this be on your bill today?” He would slip the pad of credit bills with blue carbon paper in them over to me and I would sign my name. Our family had a credit line with the store. It was so easy to sign for candy on credit to my parents account and didn’t have to forge their name. I’d walk out of the store holding my small brown paper bag with penny candy that would last for days. I loved those Bazooka Bubble gum with those comics. I think they were mentioned a few posts up.

Last edited: