Nostalgic memories you gotta love

Lovin Jesus

I haven't had my picture taken in a long, long time. I hate the way I look now. Besides, I've tried to change my avatar a jillion times, and I've never been successful.
You are beautiful no matter what you believe you look like. I don’t like taking pictures. I look so old now that when I see my own picture I don’t recognize myself. Take a selfie with your phone or tablet, save it to your photos, when you get back onto the board go to the very top next to your notifications bell icon and clock on your avatar that you currently have when it opens click your avatar again then where it asks upload custom avatar click on choose photo. Then click your picture gallery and find your picture then click on use. I hope it works for you. I picture you looking very sweet and kind. With a smile that would melt anyone’s heart. Really. I look forward to seeing your picture.

alisani

There were two old board games we played back in the day and I don't remember the names of either one.

One had to do with airplanes and exotic destinations. You moved around the board to places like Amsterdam, etc. The tokens were small planes I believe.

Another was a game where you built sandwiches and there were flat cardstock images of everything from the bread, to pickles, onions, you name it. I think there was a spinner with this game.

Ringing any bells? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Lovin Jesus

There were two old board games we played back in the day and I don't remember the names of either one.

One had to do with airplanes and exotic destinations. You moved around the board to places like Amsterdam, etc. The tokens were small planes I believe.

Another was a game where you built sandwiches and there were flat cardstock images of everything from the bread, to pickles, onions, you name it. I think there was a spinner with this game.

Ringing any bells? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
All I remember is the oldie Monopoly. And of course go fish lol

ChildofLight

Speaking of school stuff, did you guys have the milk money collections? The teacher would collect milk money each morning and if you paid it, you could get milk or a small container of ice cream during story time in the afternoon. The ice cream came in little cups with wooden paddle spoons.
What! Y’all got ice cream? Now I’m mad.
We just got milk.

ChildofLight

When I was little my Mama saved up S & H
Green stamps and got me a Barbie set. She came in a little case with a few outfits.
She was so pretty.
My mom saved up Gold Stamps at HEB and I got a Cinderella Timex watch for Christmas. It was an all ceramic Cinderella in a blue gown and had a watch around it that had a pink leather band.
We got lots of stuff that we needed either with S&H, Gold Bond, Plaid, or Gold Stamps. My mom made the rounds.

ChildofLight

I really enjoy reminiscing. But in an odd way it gets me really excited for the future. If there has been so much opportunity for pleasure and simple joys in this life, then how incredible will life be when we go to our true home?

When I was a kid, I would write notes to God and put them under my pillow at night hoping He would write back. If I was scared or hurt or lonely, I'd head into the woods and talk to Him out loud.

I look forward to talking to Jesus out loud and actually hearing a response. That alone is worth anything I have had here. Even my snoopy sno cone machine.
When I was troubled I found my best time was with God in the woods. I always felt like I was carrying a heavy load when went walking but came out of the woods with a light and happy heart. It was always usually work issues.

alisani

My mom saved up Gold Stamps at HEB and I got a Cinderella Timex watch for Christmas. It was an all ceramic Cinderella in a blue gown and had a watch around it that had a pink leather band.
We got lots of stuff that we needed either with S&H, Gold Bond, Plaid, or Gold Stamps. My mom made the rounds.
There was some good stuff to be had with those stamps. Wonder how/why they got phased out?