North Korea test fires ICBM

Kenny64

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN19P02W

By Christine Kim and Jack Kim | SEOUL

SEOUL North Korea said on Tuesday it successfully test-launched an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) for the first time, which flew a trajectory that experts said could allow a weapon to hit the U.S. state of Alaska.

The launch came days before leaders from the Group of 20 nations were due to discuss steps to rein in North Korea's weapons program, which it has pursued in defiance of U.N. Security Council sanctions.

The launch, which North Korea's state media said was ordered and supervised by leader Kim Jong Un, sent the rocket 933 km (580 miles) reaching an altitude of 2,802 km over a flight time of 39 minutes.

North Korea has said it wants to develop a missile mounted with a nuclear warhead capable of striking the U.S. mainland.

To do that it would need an ICBM with a range of 8,000 km (4,800 miles) or more, a warhead small enough to be mounted on it and technology to ensure its stable re-entry into the atmosphere.

Some analysts said the flight details on Tuesday suggested the new missile had a range of more than 8,000 km, underscoring major advances in its program. Other analysts said they believed its range was not so far.

Endangered

One of the big problems stopping an ICBM in flight is the speed at which they travel. We have deterrents capable of destroying the missile but by the time an exploding deterrent reacts the missile has moved out of range. It's just moving too fast. Hopefully Kimmy's missiles are more primitive and slower than Russkie ICBM's.

sara ann

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN19P02W

By Christine Kim and Jack Kim | SEOUL

SEOUL North Korea said on Tuesday it successfully test-launched an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) for the first time, which flew a trajectory that experts said could allow a weapon to hit the U.S. state of Alaska.

The launch came days before leaders from the Group of 20 nations were due to discuss steps to rein in North Korea's weapons program, which it has pursued in defiance of U.N. Security Council sanctions.

The launch, which North Korea's state media said was ordered and supervised by leader Kim Jong Un, sent the rocket 933 km (580 miles) reaching an altitude of 2,802 km over a flight time of 39 minutes.

North Korea has said it wants to develop a missile mounted with a nuclear warhead capable of striking the U.S. mainland.

To do that it would need an ICBM with a range of 8,000 km (4,800 miles) or more, a warhead small enough to be mounted on it and technology to ensure its stable re-entry into the atmosphere.

Some analysts said the flight details on Tuesday suggested the new missile had a range of more than 8,000 km, underscoring major advances in its program. Other analysts said they believed its range was not so far.
thanks for posting this...if they keep this up...it may explain why US is not in end time events????

Keith Johnson

Didn't think it would come down to 'No Options Left' this soon. For sure, I thought we
would make it to September-October. Conventional weapons may be of some value here, but
won't stop Kim from doing much damage to Seoul even with 3 strike groups in area.
We are gonna have to use the small nuke option in various places all at same time.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-emergency-meeting-North-Korea-missile.html

Kim Jong-un riles Trump on the Fourth: US President calls emergency meeting to formulate 'measured response' to North Korea's record-breaking missile test amid fears one could hit Alaska
  • U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson confirmed North Korea’s latest missile test was with an intercontinental ballistic missile
  • The North revealed it had successfully built the intercontinental ballistic missile
  • The 'landmark' test of a Hwasong-14 missile was overseen by leader Kim Jong-Un
  • It was fired from a site in the North Phyongan province into the Sea of Japan
  • It is believed to have reached an altitude of 1741 miles and flew 580 miles
  • The North has long sought to build nuclear missiles capable of reaching the US
  • Weapons analysts say the missile has the capability to reach as far as Alaska
  • The U.S. has requested a closed-door meeting of the United Nations Security Council to discuss the launch - it will likely take place Wednesday

President Donald Trump called an emergency meeting on the Fourth of July to formulate a 'measured response' to North Korea's first intercontinental ballistic missile test, amid fears it could reach as far as Alaska.

North Korea declared Tuesday that it had finally achieved its dream of building an intercontinental ballistic missile, saying it would 'fundamentally put an end to the US nuclear war threat and blackmail'.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson later confirmed the latest missile test was with an intercontinental ballistic missile.

And Tillerson says that’s a new escalation of the threat posed to the United States and the world by North Korea.

The launch, which came as the United States prepared to mark its Independence Day, triggered a Twitter outburst from Trump who urged China to 'put a heavy move' on North Korea to 'end this nonsense once and for all'.

The US has requested a closed-door meeting of the United Nations Security Council on North Korea's latest missile launch, a spokesman for the US mission to the United Nations says.

The spokesman said the meeting of the 15-member council was likely to be scheduled for Wednesday.

If data and intelligence proves the ICBM was launched, officials say Trump would potentially approve a 'measured response' to deal with North Korea.

Potential responses include sending additional troops to the region and possibly more sanctions.

North Korea has long sought to build a rocket capable of delivering an atomic warhead to the United States - something Trump has vowed 'won't happen'.

In an announcement of the missile test, North Korean officials called the launch, which leader Kim Jong-un supervised, a 'glistening miracle'.

The Hwasong-14 ICBM reached an altitude of about 1,741 miles (2,802 kilometres) and flew 579 miles (933 kilometres) for 39 minutes before hitting a target area on the sea off the east coast, according to North Korea.

Washington, Japan and South Korea gave similar figures, and US experts said the trajectory implied the device could reach Alaska.

North Korea is subject to multiple sets of United Nations sanctions over its atomic and missile programs, which it says it needs to protect itself against a possible invasion.

It regularly issues bloodcurdling threats against its 'imperialist enemy' Washington, and has long sought a rocket capable of delivering a warhead to the continental United States...............

athenasius

He is a royal pain in the nether regions that is for sure. I can't see President Trump putting up with him much longer, and I hope and pray that South Korea, Japan, Hawaii and Alaska are braced because those are the targets Kim has boasted of hitting if he gets attacked. The best strike is a preemptive one for sure, but as has been pointed out, time is running out. I am pretty sure Trump is firming up stuff like the Iron Done and David's sling defenses for these areas before taking out L'il Kim, but it's got to be soon. As the hay ranchers around here say--make hay while the sun shines and the other favourite saying, DAYLIGHTS A WASTING! Time is of the essence now, and there are bound to be casualties. The longer we wait, the greater the casualties. This one isn't going to happen without a lot of bloodshed.

Kenny64

The Hwasong-14 ICBM reached an altitude of about 1,741 miles (2,802 kilometres) and flew 579 miles (933 kilometres) for 39 minutes before hitting a target area on the sea off the east coast, according to North Korea.
President Donald Trump called an emergency meeting on the Fourth of July to formulate a 'measured response' to North Korea's first intercontinental ballistic missile test, amid fears it could reach as far as Alaska.
North Korea declared Tuesday that it had finally achieved its dream of building an intercontinental ballistic missile, saying it would 'fundamentally put an end to the US nuclear war threat and blackmail'.
It regularly issues bloodcurdling threats against its 'imperialist enemy' Washington, and has long sought a rocket capable of delivering a warhead to the continental United States...............
I'd think a covert operation to limit the fuel etc for these weapons. Covert operations to limit the capability of NoKo command group in food and necessity of limit would be a start along with much
of their financial capability's.

This NK squirt is a ticking time bomb. Somebody needs to stop this evil guy!
Yes. :thumbsup Only way is to make him feel the pain of his actions! Only issue is his response that the US Military has to be 100% capability and ready to react from a covert operation that is fully successful.

I've been reading a daily devotional "Draw the Circle" by Mark Batterson. One chapter just recently Psalm 35 a prayer written by David. "God loves it when we fight for Him. God loves it even more when we hit our knees, God extends His might right hand on our behalf."
I'm listening to the many prompts from the Holy Spirit to hit my knees. In response to 2 Chronicles 7:14

Last edited:

Andy C

Reborn to fly
He is a royal pain in the nether regions that is for sure. I can't see President Trump putting up with him much longer, and I hope and pray that South Korea, Japan, Hawaii and Alaska are braced because those are the targets Kim has boasted of hitting if he gets attacked. The best strike is a preemptive one for sure, but as has been pointed out, time is running out. I am pretty sure Trump is firming up stuff like the Iron Done and David's sling defenses for these areas before taking out L'il Kim, but it's got to be soon. As the hay ranchers around here say--make hay while the sun shines and the other favourite saying, DAYLIGHTS A WASTING! Time is of the essence now, and there are bound to be casualties. The longer we wait, the greater the casualties. This one isn't going to happen without a lot of bloodshed.
Time indeed is running out. We need to hit them with a massive surprise first strike, taking out as many sites as possible in the first few seconds. There is no doubt South Korea will have huge casualties with the thousands of artillery pieces aimed at them, but if we let the crazy leader keep going the way he is, they will be the ones to take a first devasting strike against our bases. The left and the press must want us to wait until he strikes first before we respond with a "measured" response. Thats crazy. The dictator is responsible for whatever is the outcome when missles rain down on his country.

WKUHilltopper

Kim Fatty One has painted himself into quite a corner. He's shot his mouth off so much, he has to do something or his generals will think he's weak and will "grease" him. But in the mean time, he's using dialog and engaging in action that is nothing short than an act of war.

It wouldn't surprise me one day to wake up and hear some North Korean general claim that he had a vision from their original "gods", that Kim Fatty One had to be called to "heaven" to help out grandpa and pappy "god" on some wonderful mission to benefit North Korea. And the pappy-god told the general he was being delegated as the current god.

And the average Joe North Korean will publicly proclaim this was the case as it was told to them--or else.

Last edited:

athenasius

George and I saw this come up on our youtube feed, it's a US military channel with a lot of what I presume Japanese writing, I looked at the channel, it's a mouthpiece for Nato, Japan and the US together, and this was live fire drills from June 29 this year in South Korea. This may also be a subtle message aimed at North Korea. China isn't able to rein him in, so something is coming. I am quite sure that this pause is about getting everybody ready to get the job done.