Norman Geisler, noted apologist and theologian, dead at 86

MAJ

I know some will fault him for being an Old Earth Creationist, but Dr. Geisler had such a knack for taking atheistic arguments and dismantling them like they were nothing. Reading his rebuttals to atheism was like watching a kid with a magnifying glass burn ants. Once Dr. Geisler pulled out his magnifying glass, the claims of atheism were swiftly burnt up.

Not only that, but his Systematic Theology contains a WONDERFUL defense of the Rapture. He tackles argument after argument from nearly every alternative eschatological view-- whether it's Preterism, Prewrath, Post-trib, Mid-trib, etc. He definitely doesn't do fly-over critiques like some authors do. And he strives to show why the Pre-trib position... and ONLY the Pre-trib position... makes the most logical sense.

His writings have helped me tremendously, and it hurts to know he's gone. Opinions on his Creation views aside, Dr. Geisler had such a long list of Pros attached to him. One of my favorite authors and teachers. There'll never be another like him.

athenasius

His writings have helped me tremendously, and it hurts to know he's gone. Opinions on his Creation views aside, Dr. Geisler had such a long list of Pros attached to him. One of my favorite authors and teachers. There'll never be another like him.
Me too, I'm sad to hear of his passing into the presence of the Lord, but happy for him. It's hard to see the good teachers and apologists going. I know there are still good ones, and doubtless the Lord is raising up others, but it still hurts to see them go, and remember the way they fought the good fight, upholding the truth of of the Rapture, and the Pre Trib position which are under such attack.

George saw it on Dr. Thomas Ice's face book.

I'm so glad he wrote so much, there is a lot of his work around to refer to still.