Nord Stream 2 pipeline pressure collapses mysteriously overnight

GHoe

Authorities in Germany are trying to establish what caused a sudden drop in pressure in the defunct Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, with a spokesperson for its operator saying it could have been a leak.

The pipeline has been one of the flashpoints in an escalating energy war between Europe and Moscow since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February that has pummelled western economies and sent gas prices soaring.

Nord Stream 2’s operator said pressure in the undersea pipeline dropped from 105 to 7 bar overnight....

(As an aside I've seen recent news stating that Nordstream 1 is now also down pressure in both lines. Unknown if true but if so, I'd have to think some type of sabotage occurred.)

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ine-pressure-collapses-mysteriously-overnight

GHoe

There's a video circulating from Feb 8th of this year with Biden stating that if Russia invades Ukraine then there will be no more Nordstream 2... kind make it look like U.S. has a hand in the Nordstream pipeline issues.

The reporter asks how he can make that statement since Germany has control of the pipeline (receiving end at least). He wasn't able to answer clearly and just said I promise we'll be able to do it.

athenasius

It's sabotage. This from Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ian-undersea-gas-pipelines-europe-2022-09-27/

in which this quote occurs:
'German Economy Minister Robert Habeck told business leaders that the leaks were due to targeted attacks on the infrastructure and Berlin now knew for sure "that they were not caused by natural occurrences or events or material fatigue".

Poland's prime minister blamed sabotage, without citing evidence, Denmark's premier said the leaks were clearly caused by deliberate actions and Swedish police said they had begun an investigation into potential "gross sabotage".'

Germans, Danes, Swedes and Poles are not known for wild conjecture. If they are pretty sure it's a blast, and it's sabotage, it is. It just remains to be seen who did it.

The article goes on to say:
"Seismologists in Denmark and Sweden said they had registered two powerful blasts on Monday in the vicinity of the leaks.

"The signals do not resemble signals from earthquakes. They do resemble the signals typically recorded from blasts," the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS) said.

And seismologists at Sweden's Uppsala University, which cooperates with GEUS, said the second, bigger explosion "corresponded to more than 100 kilos (kg) of dynamite", adding the blasts were in the water not under the seabed.
"

Russia has been looking for a reason to declare all out war. So I wouldn't rule them out, and the Ukraine is the most likely suspect, but this would harm their alliances with Europe because it endangers Europe this winter.

The effect is this: " "The multiple undersea leaks mean neither pipeline will likely deliver any gas to the EU over the coming winter, irrespective of political developments in the Ukraine war," Eurasia Group wrote in a note.

European gas prices rose on the news, with the benchmark October Dutch price climbing almost 10% on Tuesday. Prices are still below this year's peaks but remain more than 200% higher than in early September 2021.
"

This could be devastating for Europe this winter. It will provide further inflationary pressure on gas and other products that rely on natural gas, like fertilizer for one.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Sounds like torpedo or UDT at work. Frogmen....

The lines are not in use but had product in them. By now they are filling with sea water making restoration of service very difficult.

Now the question: Who did it?
USSR to blame someone else or keep anyone from using what was in the line?
EU to keep Germany from going back to soviet fuel?

Interesting plot for a techno thriller.

athenasius

Boy, gas and oil from other sources are looking more interesting......like from Israel......maybe?
These chess pieces keep moving into position for the end game. Israel and Egypt are already selling gas to Europe with more expansion coming fast at the Egyptian LNG port using tankers to ship the Liquefied Natural Gas to Europe. Europe will still have a very cold winter, because the Israeli gas can't quite fill the market share that Nordstream 1 has been pumping into the EU. Some can be made up with British and Norwegian gas from the North Sea but still it will require some hard choices by Germany, France and others who laughed at Trump when he warned them not to depend on Russia.

They will have to go back to nuclear and coal!!! Which will really upset the Euro environmentalists.

Think of the terrible faces that young Greta Thunberg from Sweden will make. She was impressively contorted by rage before, it should be a near head explosion with this. She'd prefer Europe freeze to death first.

NewWine2020

It's sabotage. This from Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ian-undersea-gas-pipelines-europe-2022-09-27/

'German Economy Minister Robert Habeck told business leaders that the leaks were due to targeted attacks on the infrastructure and Berlin now knew for sure "that they were not caused by natural occurrences or events or material fatigue".

Poland's prime minister blamed sabotage, without citing evidence, Denmark's premier said the leaks were clearly caused by deliberate actions and Swedish police said they had begun an investigation into potential "gross sabotage".'

Germans, Danes, Swedes and Poles are not known for wild conjecture. If they are pretty sure it's a blast, and it's sabotage, it is. It just remains to be seen who did it.

"Seismologists in Denmark and Sweden said they had registered two powerful blasts on Monday in the vicinity of the leaks.

"The signals do not resemble signals from earthquakes. They do resemble the signals typically recorded from blasts," the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS) said.

And seismologists at Sweden's Uppsala University, which cooperates with GEUS, said the second, bigger explosion "corresponded to more than 100 kilos (kg) of dynamite", adding the blasts were in the water not under the seabed.
"

Russia has been looking for a reason to declare all out war. So I wouldn't rule them out, and the Ukraine is the most likely suspect, but this would harm their alliances with Europe because it endangers Europe this winter.

The effect is this: " "The multiple undersea leaks mean neither pipeline will likely deliver any gas to the EU over the coming winter, irrespective of political developments in the Ukraine war," Eurasia Group wrote in a note.

European gas prices rose on the news, with the benchmark October Dutch price climbing almost 10% on Tuesday. Prices are still below this year's peaks but remain more than 200% higher than in early September 2021.
"

This could be devastating for Europe this winter. It will provide further inflationary pressure on gas and other products that rely on natural gas, like fertilizer for one.

Regardless of which shadow entity did this, the result is awful and will predominantly involve suffering for innocent people who just want to live their lives and now face additional challenges over what is shaping up to be a very trying winter in Europe.

NewWine2020

These chess pieces keep moving into position for the end game. Israel and Egypt are already selling gas to Europe with more expansion coming fast at the Egyptian LNG port using tankers to ship the Liquefied Natural Gas to Europe. Europe will still have a very cold winter, because the Israeli gas can't quite fill the market share that Nordstream 1 has been pumping into the EU. Some can be made up with British and Norwegian gas from the North Sea but still it will require some hard choices by Germany, France and others who laughed at Trump when he warned them not to depend on Russia.

They will have to go back to nuclear and coal!!! Which will really upset the Euro environmentalists.

Think of the terrible faces that young Greta Thunberg from Sweden will make. She was impressively contorted by rage before, it should be a near head explosion with this. She'd prefer Europe freeze to death first.

The heat from Greta’s anger will keep her whole city warm thru the winter.

All kidding aside, Greta is simply a useful tool who is on the autistic spectrum (for reals) and is being exploited shamelessly by her parents who are both wack-jobs.

After years of loathing her, I now see Greta as a misled victim who got her 5 minutes of internet fame w/ her little “How dare you!” televised temper tantrum whose parents parlayed it into a $$ machine the same way that musically talented kids often get exploited and taken advantage of by their greedy parents.

greg64

A very interesting and scary claim: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...rmer-polish-defense-minister/?sh=1d5f0961312e

If true, or even if people believe it's true, this will get very ugly very quickly. As Pete would say, I think we've about run out of normal. For the first time ever, I'm very hesitant to buy green bananas. How long will God continue to restrain things? So much is in motion and barreling downhill right now...

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus

.......President Joe Biden promised on February 7 to prevent Nord Stream 2 from becoming operational if Russia invaded Ukraine. "If Russia invades,” said Biden, “then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?"

Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that

It seems this is punishing Europe rather than Russia...... :idunno

GotGrace

"

"

My small brain can’t picture how it was pulled off without there being the slightest hint of somebody finding out.

greg64

.......President Joe Biden promised on February 7 to prevent Nord Stream 2 from becoming operational if Russia invaded Ukraine. "If Russia invades,” said Biden, “then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?"

Both, I think. Putin loses leverage over Europe, and Europe will have a very bad winter. I think it really backs Russia into a corner even more so than before. They'll probably take it as an existential threat unless they were behind it in some kind of weird pretzel pretense logic.

It's like someone(s) want to burn everything to the ground immediately, if not sooner. We've got financial markets tanking, possible world war looking to get hot, political turmoil everywhere, the blindest and dumbest American administration of all time, and the perfect setup for Ezekiel 38.

But hey, the week is still young.

NewWine2020

A very interesting and scary claim: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...rmer-polish-defense-minister/?sh=1d5f0961312e

If true, or even if people believe it's true, this will get very ugly very quickly. As Pete would say, I think we've about run out of normal. For the first time ever, I'm very hesitant to buy green bananas. How long will God continue to restrain things? So much is in motion and barreling downhill right now...

If true than I would think that this constitutes an act of war/state terrorism,….at least that is what most Americans would perceive if something comparable were done to our energy infrastructure.

People’s perception is really all that matters….and it’s not out of the question to think it could be a false flag by Russia itself to justify what they already have planned.

NewWine2020

I doubt Joe could point out which nations constitute Western and Eastern Europe vs Russia on a map w/o help from someone else (he would probably prefer a grade school child to help him).

But his statement makes it sound like it’s premeditated and was planned all along. (US Navy SEALS anyone/?).

I laothe this administration so very much. Joe, Nancy and the rest are 100% def dumb enough to back Russia into a corner to the point that they perceive the Nuke card to be their best bet.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ

Tucker Carlson has the same idea.
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

DanLMP

My small brain can’t picture how it was pulled off without there being the slightest hint of somebody finding out.

Way back in time, during the Cold War, the US tapped into Russian undersea communications cables using submarines and probably SEAL teams. They had to attach recording devices directly to the cable.

The Nord Stream pipeline is listed as being 90 to 110 meters deep. That's only 295 to 360 feet deep. Relatively speaking, that's very shallow and easily reached by submarine and any underwater demolition teams.

The next questions to ask are who had the capabilities and motive. The capabilities part shortens the list a bit.

Ultimately it will not matter who actually did sabotage the pipelines, it will only matter who is blamed.

Back