Nolte: Netflix Releases ‘Gay Jesus’ Christmas Special

benmcd

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/12/12/netflix-releases-gay-jesus-christmas-special/

Nolte: Netflix Releases ‘Gay Jesus’ Christmas Special

Netflix has just released a “gay Jesus” Christmas special called The First Temptation of Christ.

The Brazilian comedy group Porta dos Fundos (which literally translates to “back door”) appears to have a real hang-up about our Lord and Christianity in general. Last December the group released The Last Hangover on Netflix, a movie that blends Christ’s Last Supper with his disciples and The Hangover into a night of drunken debauchery where Jesus disappears.

This year, in this new Christmas special, Jesus turns 30 and brings his gay boyfriend home to meet Mary and Joseph.

Already, 1.14 million Brazilians have signed a Change.org petition asking Netflix to remove the movie.
Here’s a reviewer’s description:
The setup is that Jesus (Gregório Duvivier) attends his 30th birthday surprise party with his boyfriend Orlando (Fábio Porchat). The party, thrown by José (Rafael Portugal) and Maria (Evelyn Castro), has a number of high-profile biblical guests, including God (Antonio Tabet), which prompts plenty of debate about parental rights and responsibilities as Christ grapples not just with his parentage but with his own spiritual journey.
The real story here is how Christians are reacting… Some are signing petitions, others are praying for the souls of all involved, most of us are rolling our eyes and moving on with our lives — because that’s what Christians do. We don’t lop off people’s heads, which is why it is always open season on us, which is to our credit.

Personally, I wouldn’t sign a petition or call for a ban on this — or anything. If you want to live in a free society and country, you have to grow a thick enough skin not to care about this stuff. But that doesn’t mean I’m not taking notes…

If you’re a satirist, you satirize everyone equally.

If you’re a bigot, you single certain groups out for mockery and place others off limits.

In this way, lazy, cowardly garbage like The First Temptation of Christ is useful — it exposes who the bigots are, and if this so-called comedy troupe wants to produce a “Gay Mohammed” special for Ramadan and Netflix wants to stream it, I will take it all back.

athenasius

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/12/12/netflix-releases-gay-jesus-christmas-special/
Personally, I wouldn’t sign a petition or call for a ban on this — or anything. If you want to live in a free society and country, you have to grow a thick enough skin not to care about this stuff. But that doesn’t mean I’m not taking notes…
If you’re a satirist, you satirize everyone equally.
If you’re a bigot, you single certain groups out for mockery and place others off limits.

In this way, lazy, cowardly garbage like The First Temptation of Christ is useful — it exposes who the bigots are, and if this so-called comedy troupe wants to produce a “Gay Mohammed” special for Ramadan and Netflix wants to stream it, I will take it all back.
AMEN! I won't hold my breath that they will do a Gay Mohammed version for Ramadan either! Although if they do, it will put a swift end to their form of comedy which would be no big loss to the art world in general.

Anewcreationinjesus

In Revelation 19 at the Lord Jesus return, all the mockery and blasphemy will be done with.... There will be no mistaking who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords...

Meantime, I truly wonder how much more before the trumpet finally sounds.... I can see even now how mankind will embrace the Antichrist and so very, very foolishly will try to fight against Jesus himself.

Bad move!!!!

May some mockers and scoffers come to repentance while there is still time....

TheRedeemed

In Revelation 19 at the Lord Jesus return, all the mockery and blasphemy will be done with.... There will be no mistaking who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords...

Meantime, I truly wonder how much more before the trumpet finally sounds.... I can see even now how mankind will embrace the Antichrist and so very, very foolishly will try to fight against Jesus himself.

Bad move!!!!

May some mockers and scoffers come to repentance while there is still time....
Oh how the world will love and embrace the anti-Christ and false prophet. If they were here right now they would be wrapping the both of them gifts and wishing them happy holidays.

Doubt they would say merry Christmas though.

Last edited:

Len

Personally, I wouldn’t sign a petition or call for a ban on this — or anything. If you want to live in a free society and country, you have to grow a thick enough skin not to care about this stuff.
I did roll my eyes and sighed but would still sign a partition and throw eggs on the producers car LOL, but it does not hurt to let them know they may suffer a drop in revenue for it either...........

moosejive

People seem to think Jesus is some laidback peaceful looking surfer, as AnewcreationinJesus stated a few posts back they will be in for a very big shock !!!!!
The world thinks of Jesus as milktoast, all soft and bland....lamb like . They obviously don’t know the whole story about how He returns as a warrior and the Lion of the tribe of Judah!! The world is in store for one big surprise ;):horn

Salluz

Maybe instead of a gay Muhammed, they could do a wacky Ramadan special where Muhammed does something extremely terrible like marry a prepubescent girl. Wouldn't that just be wild? They could name the girl something like "Aisha" and she could go on to become a major Muslim religious figure. That would be comedy gold. What would people think if the "prophet" of Islam were a pedophile?

I guess what I'm saying is you don't need to make things up about Islam to mock it. Mocking Jesus is slanderous; mocking Muhammed (fleas be upon him) is warranted.

Anewcreationinjesus

Maybe instead of a gay Muhammed, they could do a wacky Ramadan special where Muhammed does something extremely terrible like marry a prepubescent girl. Wouldn't that just be wild? They could name the girl something like "Aisha" and she could go on to become a major Muslim religious figure. That would be comedy gold. What would people think if the "prophet" of Islam were a pedophile?

I guess what I'm saying is you don't need to make things up about Islam to mock it. Mocking Jesus is slanderous; mocking Muhammed (fleas be upon him) is warranted.
Fleas be upon him :lolsign:lol:rotfl:rofl:roflmao

antitox

This is exactly what 2 Tim 3 says how people will be so brazenly, blatantly evil. Here we have people parading this stuff shamelessly whereas in earlier days it would never have been considered and the moral populace would have risen up in protest.

Today, it's like anything goes and only a few might complain.

OnlyHim

These days the more I see stories like this, I cannot get the scenes of the crucifixion as shown in the movie Passion of the Christ out of my head. The mocking, the beatings, the hate filled attacks and the sorrow our precious Jesus bore on our behalf....all of our behalf. I used to get angry now I just cry, Lord have mercy on us.

Lord, the heat of the day weighs heavy on us. Our spirits are downtrodden for the heaviness of evil in this world is great and increasing. Father, we pray your work in this age is quickly completed so that we may join you in paradise. -Amen.