Favorite Prophecy Teachers

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of problems on RF lately with this topic.

I am going to post Rule #14, which has been on the books for a long time now, from the forums rules about posting videos from other places on the Internet on RF. This is a "no-no" and I can not tolerate the flooding of your other favorite prophecy teachers videos on RF. This ministry is about Jesus and Rapture Forums, it is about not your favorite prophecy teachers. If you want to discuss other prophecy teachers, please go do it on their sites.

While you are on the forum rules page, please read the rest of the rules and post accordingly.

Thank you for your attention to this.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/board-rules-guidelines-for-posting.1/

[14] No posts, links, or videos from other message boards, forums, websites, or political and religious blogs on this site. We are about promoting RF not your favorite other prophecy teachers.

The mod team alone reserves the right to post links to responsible blogs when important to the discussion of particular topics. Due to the dynamic and uncensored nature of blogs (especially on YouTube), the mod team does not have the time to monitor, validate, and approve all blogs or videos on the Internet. Please note that this applies also applies to signatures. Please do not post links to videos on YouTube (such as Amir, JD, etc.) on the forum. YouTube is NOT the place to get your Bible study materials. We are not a clearinghouse or in business to post videos from your favorite prophecy teachers. Our focus is on the RF ministry, not the ministry of your favorite teachers. Please do not flood RF with videos from other sites. Due to the nature and length of videos, we don't have time or the inclination to check out every video that some one puts together, just like we don't have time to go down to the public library and read every book down there to see if it is suitable for Rapture Forums. NO videos allowed on the forums. RF staff are allowed to post videos from YouTube, etc. as it is more likely we have vetted videos than the general public here on the forums. We take seriously that sound teaching is promoted on Rapture Forums, therefore YouTube prophets and false teachers are not to be promoted on Rapture Forums.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a little background information that I gave a poster on the forums recently regarding this rule and announcement and I have also added a little bit to it:

I had talked to most everyone on the forums that brought up some "favorite prophecy teachers" in private and individually about posting on the forums. I even have a public announcement thread asking people not to bring up certain "favorite prophecy teachers" on the forums, not because I don't like these people or think they are false teachers, but rather because of the behavior of the "followers" of the people in question on the RF website. These "followers" of certain "favorite prophecy teachers" have disrupted the forums, flooded the forums with videos, made obsessive daily mentions of them, promoted teachings that are sensational and speculative that violate the forum rules, and stirred up arguments with other believers who do not care for these "favorite prophecy teachers". Our ministry is about Jesus Christ and His teachings. Not the teachings of some "favorite prophecy teachers" and their "followers".

After years of trouble, the only solution I could come up with is to not allow these "followers" of certain "favorite prophecy teachers" to post information on the forums related to them. That can seem harsh to some people, but it is worthy to note that some teachings by these "favorite prophecy teachers" violates out forum rules. I have tried everything from a single thread for each of these "favorite prophecy teachers" and nothing worked. Additionally, arguments broke out between some posters and in some cases disagreements became public between the "favorite prophecy teachers" themselves. I just don't have time for that.

This rule and announcement have never been about "hating, disliking, or anything of that nature" towards the "favorite prophecy teachers". I just don't want their stuff all over my forums. It has always been about the obnoxious behavior of these favorite prophecy teachers "followers" who have flooded and plastered the forums with their videos, links, etc. That is just simply not what the Rapture Forums ministry is about. We do not have the time to check out hour long videos all the time to make sure that they are inline with the teachings at Rapture Forums. We do not have time to play "referee" between "followers" of different "favorite prophecy teachers" on the forums. If people want to promote these "favorite prophecy teachers" please go to their websites to do so. That's all we want and nothing more.

Thank you for understanding.

Back