No such thing as being born homosexual

Endangered

The Human Genome project mapped the entire human DNA and identified about 23,000 human genes. And no homo gene was identified. When people enter prison many who are straight engage in homo behavior in the slammer. So straights go in, engage each others as homo and then return to straight behaviorvwhen they get out.
Homo behavior is a CHOICE. It may be complicated and influenced by many factors but it is a choice.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
not to be cynical, but did you read this in the article?
"But, the size and comprehensive nature of this new study ought to crush the “born that way” myth. What is the LGBT lobby to do? It appears they are trying to spin this study as reaffirming to their beliefs."

They are already working on snuffing it.

Spartan Sprinter 1

"But, the size and comprehensive nature of this new study ought to crush the “born that way” myth. What is the LGBT lobby to do? It appears they are trying to spin this study as reaffirming to their beliefs."

Sadly this sort of study wouldn't be given the light of day in any mainstream media

Hidden

There is no gay gene, and they won't find one even if they spent countless hours prying into the microscope. There are environmental factors that affect a person's behavior but that is not an excuse not to respect the design of the Creator. I can trace several incidents in my childhood and several factors that explains why I feel this way, like why I am strongly attracted to men and why I don't have any attraction for women, but in the end, a person has to decide whether he would respect God or trample on His design. Life is not about indulging our desires. It is about discovering God, because the proof of God is all around us, and knowing Him and worshiping Him.

mikhen7

There is no gay gene, and they won't find one even if they spent countless hours prying into the microscope. There are environmental factors that affect a person's behavior but that is not an excuse not to respect the design of the Creator. I can trace several incidents in my childhood and several factors that explains why I feel this way, like why I am strongly attracted to men and why I don't have any attraction for women, but in the end, a person has to decide whether he would respect God or trample on His design. Life is not about indulging our desires. It is about discovering God, because the proof of God is around us, and knowing Him and worshiping Him.
Very well said, and God bless!!

antitox

They have been determined to create new genders. They're telling us that whatever you think you are is what you are. It is so ridiculously insane that any common sense person is shocked by the thought of it. But this is what's happening to the world at this late hour - they're losing all the ability just to look at things as they really are. Just wait until restraint is removed.......

ItIsFinished!

I don't need anyone or any study/ report to tell me the OBVIOUS.
There is NO gay gene!
Now I know this crushes some (many) peoples hope , but that is the fact.
Facts don't care about anyone's feelings.
America has become pacified and weak due to peoples feelings.
Oh, and liberalism and homosexuality.
So sad and tragic.

Sowen

Aye, that's sad. The statement made by the GLAAD official that claims the study actually supports their belief is confusing to say the least. Praying people will see through it.

GotGrace

They have been determined to create new genders. They're telling us that whatever you think you are is what you are. It is so ridiculously insane that any common sense person is shocked by the thought of it. But this is what's happening to the world at this late hour - they're losing all the ability just to look at things as they really are. Just wait until restraint is removed.......
Whatever you think you is what you are is so ridiculous. I think I’m a cat today and going and scratching around in the litter box still does not make me a cat. But, I agree the world wants to make it up as they go regardless of the original perfect design. Pitiful!

Hsmommy

What’s interesting to me is that I’ve never heard of anyone looking for a heterosexual gene. Why? Because there isn’t one. Why would anyone look for something they already know doesn’t exist? It only makes sense that if there is a gay gene, there must be a heterosexual one. Oh just answered my own question. Common sense ...

dave-o

I would urge everyone to remember compassion.

Way back in the day (when it wasn't basically illegal like today) physiologists/therapists were able to document cases where the gay person suffered some kind of trauma at a very young age that changed them. It might have been a single event or a series of traumas. It could even be something that would seem insignificant to most people but was traumatic to that specific child. On rare occasion the person was actually "cured" when they were able to recall and confront the event(s).

What I'm trying to say is that many people who claim they were "Born That Way" honestly have no memory of ever making any choice. This is a complex and multilayered issue with no one-size-fits-all cause or solution.

mikhen7

I would urge everyone to remember compassion.

Way back in the day (when it wasn't basically illegal like today) physiologists/therapists were able to document cases where the gay person suffered some kind of trauma at a very young age that changed them. It might have been a single event or a series of traumas. It could even be something that would seem insignificant to most people but was traumatic to that specific child. On rare occasion the person was actually "cured" when they were able to recall and confront the event(s).

What I'm trying to say is that many people who claim they were "Born That Way" honestly have no memory of ever making any choice. This is a complex and multilayered issue with no one-size-fits-all cause or solution.
I agree with your premise. The issue with "Born that way" is as you say a complicated "multilayered issue," but most of the crowds that chant the "Born this Way" mantra do not look at as you have proposed. Instead, they use it as a springboard to promote their lifestyle and rub it in the faces of mainly Christians who do not believe it to be true. They need a scapegoat for their lifestyle choice and that scapegoat has become "God made me this way." They need to be educated as well. The study is educational, but will it stop them?