No Scars In Heaven

Mama Bug

I don't know, I think I'd rather have the six pack abs myself. I've been working out for like 10years now and have yet to get my six pack abs. Between being overweight for a while, and going through two pregnancies, I just can't flatten my stomach. I'm at an ideal weight but can't get my abs looking right. I'd have to give up the button and the lint. Sorry...:ahaha

Batman

We'll be like Adam and Eve who had no belly buttons.
I've always felt they did and only because they were created adult, they were already mature and strong and healthy and able bodied, and they immediately understood words/conversation and had intelligence programmed......so I've always figured they were made to be the perfect version of everyone else right from the start. It is an interesting thing to wonder and will be neat to find out.

Denny

We won't have scars, but King Jesus still bears the scars of Calvary, right? Why? For identification? But we would immediately know Who the King is. No one can miss the most favorite face of Heaven. Why does He still bear scars? Or, am I wrong?
As a testimony, just as He showed Thomas the scars on His hands, and feet, and the wound in His side. We will know Him, absolutely. The scars are for our benefit.

Denny

I do not believe Jesus will carry scars of his human experience. we see in Revelation 1, and 4 and 5 no where is it mentioned Jesus having a scar. Can anyone imagine the creator of the universe branded forever on the hands by some nameless Roman soldier?

I've heard Baptist and Pentecostal preachers say, "Oh I cannot wait to see my savior's scars.." I would be shocked and saddened to see them, it would tell me my savior is permanently disfigured. Leviticus says that you cannot put cuts and scars on your flesh, and seeing such marks would require Jesus to create and maintain them as tattoos, thousands of years after getting them. Jesus has never violated scripture, he wrote it. We aren't under the law, but Jesus cannot himself violate it.

The preachers who have preached it never exhibit scripture proving it. More is against it.

Revelation 21:4 is essentially part of the "Damnatio Memoria" doctrine. Someday God will download all bad memories away from Him and us, so this would preclude carrying scars around with Him.
How about John 20:19-20 and John 20:25-27?

Hidden

I've always felt they did and only because they were created adult, they were already mature and strong and healthy and able bodied, and they immediately understood words/conversation and had intelligence programmed......so I've always figured they were made to be the perfect version of everyone else right from the start. It is an interesting thing to wonder and will be neat to find out.

Imagine how many people will be coming up to Adam every now and then and awkwardly ask, "Uhm, is it true you don't have a belly button? Can we see it?" lol

Rocky Rivera

Imagine how many people will be coming up to Adam every now and then and awkwardly ask, "Uhm, is it true you don't have a belly button? Can we see it?" lol
Maybe he'll get some of those requests during the Millennium. In the eternal state, I think all of us will lose our belly buttons so we'll just have to look in the mirror.

Rocky Rivera

I for one believe sin and the Curse degraded and warped our DNA, which would have included a drastic decrease in physical strength. I believe Adam was not only more intelligent than the animals, as king of the beasts he probably had strength to leverage against the animals. God commanded him to rule over Earth and subdue it, and I believe the LORD gave the first man and woman all the physical tools necessary to do the job; not only in smarts, but in strength as well. But sin, death, and the curse changed all that, warped our DNA and our relationship with the animals. We can't even run fast enough on our own feet to catch rabbits.