'No one leaves Islam,' judge rules

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Egyptian court bans convert to Christianity from changing ID card

Posted: February 1, 2008

No one ever leaves Islam, according to a judge in Egypt who has
cited Islamic religious law in rejecting a request from a Muslim
convert to Christianity to be allowed to change his religious
affiliation on his national identification card.

In a decision that forecasts more and more decisions being based on
Shari'a, Islam's religious law, Judge Muhammad Husseini has
concluded it violates the law for a Muslim to leave Islam.

more

jaderook

Christ is Risen!
Egyptian court bans convert to Christianity from changing ID card

Posted: February 1, 2008

No one ever leaves Islam, according to a judge in Egypt who has
cited Islamic religious law in rejecting a request from a Muslim
convert to Christianity to be allowed to change his religious
affiliation on his national identification card.

In a decision that forecasts more and more decisions being based on
Shari'a, Islam's religious law, Judge Muhammad Husseini has
concluded it violates the law for a Muslim to leave Islam.

more
Islam at work again. The Coptic Christians need our prayers.

BTW, I'm a little confused. Perhaps someone knowledgeable here could help me out. Reading on the boards here, I see that many people here believe that liturgical Christians (which Coptic Christians certainly are) aren't following the real Jesus. So, why are people in liturgical churches only considered Christians when they're being persecuted for their faith? I'd like for someone to expound on what makes the difference here, please.

Ahhh, islam. The religion of "peace, love and tolerance" is at it again. I got a warm fuzzy reading this. :tsk:

Andrew

Well known member
BTW, I'm a little confused. Perhaps someone knowledgeable here could help me out. Reading on the boards here, I see that many people here believe that liturgical Christians (which Coptic Christians certainly are) aren't following the real Jesus. So, why are people in liturgical churches only considered Christians when they're being persecuted for their faith? I'd like for someone to expound on what makes the difference here, please.
I am not knowledgeable but I would like to try and help explain some things. A true Christian is not one because of the church they go to. One can describe themselves as a Coptic Christian, a Roman Catholic, a Southern Baptist, or any of the many other labels. That does not tell us whether or not they are saved. The Bride of Christ (the true church) comprises every believer, wherever they are. Only God really knows whether someone is saved, so it is better to give someone the benefit of the doubt, even when they have been brought up in a Church that teaches something other than the plain truth. I suppose what I am saying is that we must make a difference between the individuals in a system and the system itself.

Others more knowledgeable than I will be able to give a more in-depth response but I hope this helps.