No man can know...

Rocky Rivera

I'm a born-again Christian, and I have been since January 1995. From the moment I received the heavenly Gift I have always been in eager anticipation of Christ's appearing -- either by His coming to us, or by me coming to Him. Jesus said that no man knows the day or the hour. There are two things the LORD will not tell me -- the date of the Rapture, and the date of my death. Think of this >> If Jesus told me the date of my death, not only would I know how long I will live, but I will also know that the Rapture will not occur during my lifetime here. Therefore, if He told me my death will be on such and such date thirty years from now, I will also know that the blessed hope will not transpire during those next thirty years. But if He told me that I will never see death at all, then I can just calculate (or guesstimate) my own remaining lifespan based on my own family's averages and I would know that the big event will occur sometime within those remaining years. Factor in what's happening on Earth into the equation and I'd have a very good idea just WHEN it will happen.

So those are two things I believe He won't tell us. But, I could be wrong about Him not telling any of us when we will die. If any of you could get an audible answer from our Father Almighty regarding the date of your death, please tell us unless He told you not to mention it at all! It would give us some idea about the Big Event! ;) I asked Him before, and He's never told me. But, He might tell you. We can ask our Father anything at all. He's just not obligated to answer us.

Last edited:

LiCaMi

I'm a born-again Christian, and I have been since January 1995. From the moment I received the heavenly Gift I have always been in eager anticipation of Christ's appearing -- either by His coming to us, or by me coming to Him. Jesus said that no man knows the day or the hour. There are two things the LORD will not tell me -- the date of the Rapture, and the date of my death. Think of this >> If Jesus told me the date of my death, not only would I know how long I will live, but I will also know that the Rapture will not occur during my lifetime here. Therefore, if He told me my death will be on such and such date thirty years from now, I will also know that the blessed hope will not transpire during those next thirty years. But if He told me that I will never see death at all, then I can just calculate (or guesstimate) my own remaining lifespan based on my own family's averages and I would know that the big event will occur sometime within those remaining years. Factor in what's happening on Earth into the equation and I'd have a very good idea just WHEN it will happen.

So those are two things I believe He won't tell us. But, I could be wrong about Him not telling any of us when we will die. If any of you could get an audible answer from our Father Almighty regarding the date of your death, please tell us unless He told you not to mention it at all! It would give us some idea about the Big Event! ;) I asked Him before, and He's never told me. But, He might tell you. We can ask our Father anything at all. He's just not obligated to answer us.
Rapture date - you're right about that one. Only Heavenly Father know.

Death date - there is a story where one of the prophet of God warned king of Israel that king will have a very short life so king fell and prayed for His mercy to extend his time so prophet of God came back informed him that God heard his prayers and blessed him to live few more years. ***Forgive me for not adding scripture to support my statement because I am at work and still lack of God's words. Either way I will look it up and add scripture to my statement or someone, by God's grace, can help me out with that. (2 Kings 20:1-6 and Isaiah 38:1-5.) Keep in mind that God will and can use any circumstances to warn you of your time left on earth or to warn someone else of their time left on earth through you. About 3 year ago I received a dream, believed it from Him, that my grandmother will be called home soon so I woke up and prompted my mother to visit her and spent time with her before that happens. I did visited my grandmother last few weeks before her health start falling: I remembered how thrilled she was to see me turned to Jesus and she followed my Facebook account that I blowed it up to point all to Jesus. I asked her if she believed and she, with thrilled, said yes. Two month later she was called home by God's sovereignty hand. LORD our God is always good.***

***Mod: Thank you for your time to add scriptures to my statement above***

Last edited:

antitox

I've wondered about the different things that have happened to others and try to keep it under my hat. For example Elisha was ill when he died. Steve Green in a plane crash. Rich Mullins in a car accident. Tyndale burned at the stake. Paul, beheaded. The point is, we don't know why they were to go the way they did. I guess all I can do is ask to be spared certain things and trust myself to Him.

Last edited: