NM Abortion Bill Would Force Doctors to Perform Abortions Against Their Will

Discussion in 'Breaking News & World Events' started by Kaatje, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Liberal lawmakers in New Mexico are pushing for what's being called the most extreme pro-abortion law in the nation.

The radical abortion-up-to-birth bill, known as HB 51, passed the New Mexico state House of Representatives by a 40-29 vote in an attempt to keep the practice legal through all nine months of pregnancy.

The bill removes conscience protections for health care professionals who believe it is wrong to abort unborn babies without any definitive state or federal protections. In addition, the bill even gives physicians who are not licensed the right to perform abortions.

Another egregious aspect of the legislation is its gross infringement upon parental rights. Fox News reports that the bill takes away the current law's requirement of parental notification for minors.

While lawmakers in New Mexicos are making their pro-abortion efforts known, those who oppose the bill are ensuring their voices are being heard as well.

The New Mexico Alliance for Life has publicized its mission in opposing HB 51. The group's goal is to empower women to make better and more informed choices when facing unplanned or difficult pregnancies, saying on its website, "HB 51 does not protect doctors; HB 51 strips away the only explicit conscience protection for doctors and other medical professionals that protect them from being forced to participate in abortions."

A recent survey showed 70 percent of New Mexicans oppose late-term abortions.

New Mexico Alliance for Life Executive Director Elisa Martinez released this statement after the bill was passed:

"HB-51 is the most extreme bill in the nation because it keeps elective abortion-up-to-birth, and also seeks to force medical professionals to participate in this practice by stripping away explicit conscience protections from the current statute. This bill is a Trojan horse backed by the national abortion lobby in order to establish abortion as a human right by removing so-called 'religious refusals' and turn every hospital, clinic and doctor's office into an abortion clinic or referral center," she charged.

On Tuesday night, President Donald Trump urged Congress during his State of the Union address to pass legislation "to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother's womb."

"Today and every day let us pray for the future of our country, let us pray for courage to pursue justice, and wisdom to forge peace," he said. "For a future where every child is warm, safe, in a loving home."

While several House Democrats joined Republicans to oppose the bill, the majority of them voted for the measure to go through.

Now, the bill moves to the state Senate for consideration where Democrats have a 26-16 majority. New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has vowed to sign the bill if it reaches her desk.

Despite the growing number of concerns over pro-abortion laws, New Mexico remains home to one of the nation's few providers of late-term abortions, with more than 4,000 abortions performed each year.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2019/fe...ctors-to-perform-abortions-against-their-will

Círeth, Kristine and billy swinea like this.
  2. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

In my minds eye, I already see extreme women, getting pregnant,
    just to seek Christian doctors, and force them to perform late-term abortions.
    If those doctors refuse, they’ll hound them, like they do Christian bakers etc.

3. Kenny

Kenny Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't see how a Doctor can be forced to perform an abortion against his/her will. They take an oath to do no harm to another human being, and certainly they know this would be killing another human being. If they don't then I pray that God would reveal it to them in a mighty way.

ShilohRose, Círeth, Kristine and 6 others like this.
  4. Walter Kerr

Walter Kerr Well-Known Member

I think that you are on the right track Kaatje. There is nothing that this sort of person would not do and the bakers example is a good one.

5. tinyprayers

tinyprayers Well-Known Member

I'd imagine in NM there are lawmakers that are also lawyers. How does a bill pass that has an unlawful language in it?
    " In addition, the bill even gives physicians who are not licensed the right to perform abortions."
    Someone who is not licensed as a physician is not a physician.

ShilohRose, Círeth, Kristine and 6 others like this.
  6. Kem

Kem Citizen

Not sure about this but there probably is separate certification to do this even if the person is licensed as an MD. I do believe separate certification necessary for several different specialties in the practice of medicine.

7. madcat

madcat Well-Known Member

Sadly it’s the same principle as “someone who is not registered to vote is not a voter”. In today’s bizarro world, the law means zippo. And the 9 circuit will see to it that the bill is upheld if it passes the state authorities.
    SCOTUS isn’t looking like Much help unless we get rid of “beholding” ones like Roberts, and replace the invisible Ruth with some true constitutionalists. It was obvious Roberts was a sell-out when he cast what was a deciding vote of Obama-doesn’t-care.
    It’s painful to watch this train wreck —-:banning

ShilohRose, Círeth, Kristine and 7 others like this.
  8. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

If I were a doctor, I could not murder a baby. Better to lose my worldly possessions and go to prison than take the life of an innocent. If I were a doctor I would feel compelled to quit practicing or move to another state or country where someone couldn't compel me to do something evil under threat of the law. I couldn't perform any part of a sex change operation nor most plastic surgeries either.

9. Cloud Watcher

Cloud Watcher Well-Known Member

I agree.

ShilohRose, Círeth, Kristine and 7 others like this.
  10. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

This WILL happen sooner or later, it's part of the slippery slope that starts with Roe V Wade. With each law passed, the left and some members of the right always promise that they would never..... then they breach that wall they promised, and again and again.

The baby murderers will not be satisfied even with that. I don't want to say where I think they'll go if the Lord tarries, but it's a big reason I pray more urgently than ever MARANATHA Lord Jesus, Come QUICKLY for the sake of the innocent children.

I'm a retired RN, I've been watching the erosion of medical ethics since I graduated. Abortion, Euthanasia, Dr Assisted Suicide, it's all there, forcing medical staff to go against their oath to protect and preserve life, and where that isn't possible to maintain the comfort and well being of the dying as they pass NATURALLY unassisted by any medical intervention designed to speed up death. Dr's and Nurses should NEVER EVER be in the business of killing their patients, the born, the unborn, the infirm, the aged, the terminally ill. It contravenes everything we do to help save life, and give comfort to the dying.

Why go to the effort of creating a good pain killer regime for someone dying of a painful cancer when you can kill them quicker and easier than giving narcotics on a graduated scale that takes time and effort? Why indeed? Because GOD and GOD ALONE should have that final say. And those final days can bring a man or woman to God for Salvation in those last breaths.

Some might argue that we play God already by predetermining birthdays by inducing labour or doing a C section, but that started as a way to ensure a safe healthy birth for the mother and child (altho many just use it for convenience now) and it's still used that way, to preserve life, not to take it.

There is NO medical reason to take a child's life especially near term.

You can't even argue that it's to preserve the mother's life because we've been doing emergency C sections for the life of mum and baby for many many years now. The practice preserves the child's life and even when the child dies, all attempts are made to help the baby live. You don't have to kill a baby to help the mother live! Nor is the argument that it's healthier for mother to have a dead baby or a forced induced birth because the risk to both mum and baby DOES rise when she is induced.

In fact nobody is looking at the risks to the mother of abortion at any point in pregnancy. Her risks are substantial of bleeding, infection, future infertility, future risk of premature birth and risk to future infants being born prematurely with all the risks of damage, and as the pregnancy progresses, the need for special care to protect the woman increases no matter what the intent is towards the baby.

And those patients who pregnant, and are at severe risk to their own health-- heart trouble, kidney failure etc usually should be assisted with effective birth control measures to prevent pregnancy. And medicine HAS progressed to the point where we do dialysis, we can support women with heart and lung issues thru pregnancy to have healthy babies. That old argument is not a good one, and it affects such a miniscule fragment of a percentage point of the total that it isn't worth answering. The only situation that remains is if a woman is found to have a fast acting cancer that needs immediate treatment that will kill the baby. Even there you don't have people stopping that woman from having an abortion if she asks for one. It's the 99.999% of the others who have no medical reason to kill their baby that always cite this kind of situation and it doesn't apply. Even there, if the baby is viable, they wait till the last minute, and do a C section, and try to preserve BOTH mum and baby.

There is NO MEDICAL REASON TO TAKE A CHILD'S LIFE but ESPECIALLY nearing the term of a pregnancy. And if all we are to look at is the health of the mother then by all means, lets look hard at that and realize that these kinds of mid birth baby murders have risks for her life too!

AND by forcing the non baby killing members of the medical profession to start murdering their little patients, some will quit, others will do it for a while and retire with PTSD, and another bunch will learn that killing a problem is easier than trying to solve it and then watch out, because then even those who DON'T want their babies murdered will find Dr Convenience and Nurse Too Tired to Bother, killing off a child just to save themselves the bother of dealing with a child with some medical issues that need some work.

11. GotGrace

GotGrace Well-Known Member

You hit the nail right on the head as the saying goes.

12. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

Before I even finished your post I already thought of the Christian bakers before you finally summed it up at the end. Exactly.

13. GotGrace

GotGrace Well-Known Member

I love your perfect response. It’s so right on target.

I would think that a doctor having to kill a healthy or unhealthy newborn baby would drive them to insanity. It is just so gruesome and repulsive. Your heart and mind would have to be like stone to participate in such a thing.

14. billy swinea

billy swinea Well-Known Member

REVELATION 20-12-14-15

15. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I can also envision a hate-filled vindictive female giving birth to a child that the dad/husband wants and then having the child killed just to spite the dad/husband.

16. Nemophilist

Nemophilist Well-Known Member

The whole thing just nauseates me. If I were a doctor and told I MUST do an abortion, that's when I'd quit. I don't think I even want to know how much more evil the world will be by the time my grandchildren are grown. Come Lord Jesus!

17. Cloud Watcher

Cloud Watcher Well-Known Member

We are losing our liberty...a little here...a little there. Next thing we know, it will all be gone.

18. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

Thank God no one can take away the freedom we have in Christ. That can never be taken no matter what

19. Sowen

Sowen Well-Known Member

I thought it could get no worse than the NY baby murderers, but there doesn’t seem to be a bottom to the left. It’s as if each state is trying to outdo the other in depravity.

20. Sowen

Sowen Well-Known Member

I was surprised to find that unlicensed physicians are actually a thing.