New to the Forums!

LetUsReason

Hi all,

My name is Mike, I've known of and utilized this site for quite some time - I even link to it on my website under Prophecy/End Times Resources. - but I haven't spent much time lurking the forums. A little bit about me... I was raised Christian, and always believed in God and the basics of Christianity. But I always had a part of me that wanted to know the logic and evidence for everything. I never had a problem believing or following most of what I was taught in church, yet I had to see a logical argument for it. As I got older, God started waking me up to the fact that many people simply believe what they've been told by their parents/church/school/denomination/culture, etc., and have never stopped to do a REAL study of the evidence that supports or denies those beliefs. So, I started to study on my own and developed a real passion for laying out evidence in the form of topical studies. I would encounter people in my life who would make certain statements, or proclaim certain beliefs, and would become motivated to search certain things out and decide whether I would believe them based on the evidence I could document. As I developed this over time, I eventually realized I had a bunch of resources I had written than I figured would be potentially helpful to other people as well. So I decided to create a website and make them available for people to download. That was the beginning of (site name removed pending review) which has been my project and passion now for about a year. So we are a very new site and are continually uploading new studies and resources as my spare time allows. I then realized that many people will never take the time to sit down and read a PDF study, but enjoy watching/listening to YouTube videos. So, I decided to start putting my PDF studies into video studies. It is alot of work and I am certainly no video pro, so it has been a learning experience, and as of the time of this posting, I have only had the time to post one video study so far on YouTube and also BitChute. Anyway, I hope to become more active on the forums in the coming days, and encourage all to check out our studies and resources (there are also links on my profile). I take a huge interest in prophecy, and I would say most of the studies are in some way geared toward prophetic themes. One of the teachers I consider as a "mentor" is the late Chuck Missler (whose key insights are the foundation of my prophetic perspective). I am also convinced of a pre-millennial and pre-Tribulational view of eschatology, so my studies obviously flow from those understandings. So, I'm glad to be on the forum and look forward to interacting!

God bless!

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan51

Hi all,

My name is Mike, I've known of and utilized this site for quite some time - I even link to it on my website under Prophecy/End Times Resources. - but I haven't spent much time lurking the forums. A little bit about me... I was raised Christian, and always believed in God and the basics of Christianity. But I always had a part of me that wanted to know the logic and evidence for everything. I never had a problem believing or following most of what I was taught in church, yet I had to see a logical argument for it. As I got older, God started waking me up to the fact that many people simply believe what they've been told by their parents/church/school/denomination/culture, etc., and have never stopped to do a REAL study of the evidence that supports or denies those beliefs. So, I started to study on my own and developed a real passion for laying out evidence in the form of topical studies. I would encounter people in my life who would make certain statements, or proclaim certain beliefs, and would become motivated to search certain things out and decide whether I would believe them based on the evidence I could document. As I developed this over time, I eventually realized I had a bunch of resources I had written than I figured would be potentially helpful to other people as well. So I decided to create a website and make them available for people to download. That was the beginning of LetUsReason.com, which has been my project and passion now for about a year. So we are a very new site and are continually uploading new studies and resources as my spare time allows. I then realized that many people will never take the time to sit down and read a PDF study, but enjoy watching/listening to YouTube videos. So, I decided to start putting my PDF studies into video studies. It is alot of work and I am certainly no video pro, so it has been a learning experience, and as of the time of this posting, I have only had the time to post one video study so far on YouTube and also BitChute. Anyway, I hope to become more active on the forums in the coming days, and encourage all to check out our studies and resources (there are also links on my profile). I take a huge interest in prophecy, and I would say most of the studies are in some way geared toward prophetic themes. One of the teachers I consider as a "mentor" is the late Chuck Missler (whose key insights are the foundation of my prophetic perspective). I am also convinced of a pre-millennial and pre-Tribulational view of eschatology, so my studies obviously flow from those understandings. So, I'm glad to be on the forum and look forward to interacting!

God bless!

-Mike
Welcome Mike! I can relate to your upbringing and approach. I look forward to hearing more from you!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

My name is Mike, I've known of and utilized this site for quite some time - I even link to it on my website under Prophecy/End Times Resources. - but I haven't spent much time lurking the forums. A little bit about me... I was raised Christian, and always believed in God and the basics of Christianity. But I always had a part of me that wanted to know the logic and evidence for everything. I never had a problem believing or following most of what I was taught in church, yet I had to see a logical argument for it. As I got older, God started waking me up to the fact that many people simply believe what they've been told by their parents/church/school/denomination/culture, etc., and have never stopped to do a REAL study of the evidence that supports or denies those beliefs. So, I started to study on my own and developed a real passion for laying out evidence in the form of topical studies. I would encounter people in my life who would make certain statements, or proclaim certain beliefs, and would become motivated to search certain things out and decide whether I would believe them based on the evidence I could document. As I developed this over time, I eventually realized I had a bunch of resources I had written than I figured would be potentially helpful to other people as well. So I decided to create a website and make them available for people to download. That was the beginning of (site name removed pending review) which has been my project and passion now for about a year. So we are a very new site and are continually uploading new studies and resources as my spare time allows. I then realized that many people will never take the time to sit down and read a PDF study, but enjoy watching/listening to YouTube videos. So, I decided to start putting my PDF studies into video studies. It is alot of work and I am certainly no video pro, so it has been a learning experience, and as of the time of this posting, I have only had the time to post one video study so far on YouTube and also BitChute. Anyway, I hope to become more active on the forums in the coming days, and encourage all to check out our studies and resources (there are also links on my profile). I take a huge interest in prophecy, and I would say most of the studies are in some way geared toward prophetic themes. One of the teachers I consider as a "mentor" is the late Chuck Missler (whose key insights are the foundation of my prophetic perspective). I am also convinced of a pre-millennial and pre-Tribulational view of eschatology, so my studies obviously flow from those understandings. So, I'm glad to be on the forum and look forward to interacting!

God bless!

-Mike
Blessings, brother! Thank you for introducing yourself. However, I have removed your site link pending review. As clearly spelled out in the forum rules, we do not allow members to promote or link to their sites. We do, however, reviews sites and add approved ones to our "stable". Chris and I will review yours site, but honestly it would have been nice as a site owner if you had approached us directly first before linking. That said, I want to reiterate my own welcome to RF and we will be in touch with you privately regarding your site.

LetUsReason

Blessings, brother! Thank you for introducing yourself. However, I have removed your site link pending review. As clearly spelled out in the forum rules, we do not allow members to promote or link to their sites. We do, however, reviews sites and add approved ones to our "stable". Chris and I will review yours site, but honestly it would have been nice as a site owner if you had approached us directly first before linking. That said, I want to reiterate my own welcome to RF and we will be in touch with you privately regarding your site.
Thank you Matt, I actually was searching for a direct message to access yourself or Chris, but could not find that feature. I assumed you'd contact me once I posted. I reviewed the rules and intend to comply with them. Feel free to email me if needed!

Eric Nicholas

Hi all,

God bless!

-Mike
I'm totally on board with the logical, intellectual reasons for faith. I do not think that they should be discouraged, indeed, they should be encouraged. Good on you, LetUsReason.