New research might point out to location, remains of Noah's Ark

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
New research might point out to location, remains of Noah's Ark
Archaeologists identify and analyze a ship-shaped mound in the Mount Ararat complex in eastern Turkey, described by the Bible as the Ark's final destination.
By WALLA!

The location of Noah's Ark might be soon identified, a group of archaeologists have suggested as they unearthed geological formations in Turkey that bear a striking resemblance to a colossal ship. Additionally, researchers have uncovered rock and soil samples believed to contain remnants of the biblical vessel.

For years, scientists have been investigating the site in eastern Turkey where they suspect Noah's Ark may rest. Recently released images portray a massive mountain with an area seemingly tailored for a boat-like structure. Moreover, analysis of rock and soil samples retrieved from the site, presented last month, suggests the presence of "clay materials, marine substances, and seafood" dating back to 5500-3000 BC, coinciding with the biblical flood account.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/article-770948?dicbo=v2-i3Qgs1i

katt

There was a documentary done by someone years ago, he claimed to have been with his father and they actually walked in the ark, he said it was gigantic. Just before the Russian revolution the Czar had funded an expedition to explore the area, but then the red army took over and he and his whole family were murdered. People in the area at the time and up until at least after WW2 said they found relics, wood from a tree that no longer grows on the planet. If true, it's probably gopher wood. It's said that the Ark is no longer stable, that it is unbalanced and is falling apart, thus the bits of wood stories, there have been pictures such as what is talked about in the above article taken of the object for years. There's something up there. The Bible doesn't say Ararat.. it says in the mountains of Ararat. Still, I've always believed it is the Ark and I do hope it's here for the millennium and isn't destroyed by the tribulation.

That is really amazing and I do agree that it is quiet possible that the remains of Noah's ark could be still present in the Mountains of Ararat in Eastern Turkey

I would like to visit and see for myself. The only questioning that I have about it is to ask why have archeologists not made a archeological dig to this site to dig up and bring all of this archeological material out of the ground.

Most all other archeological materials existing for the ancient world all around the earth have every major government funding so many artifacts and many, many private citizens also self fund the digging up and preserving thousands of ancient documents, tools, weapons, pottery and religious relics and all assortments of so many other treasure and ancient world artifacts. Billions of dollars have been spent digging up and excavating so many, many things from the ancient world.

Every since I was a child I always was so excited reading and listening to information about the ancient remains of Noah's ark in the Mountains of Ararat but I always felt a churning question about why there is not a great effort made by anyone to begin digging deep into the ground and pulling these Ark materials out of the ground. Frim what I always read and heard was that just a few teams and families and random individuals who have gone to the site.

I have read reports online of claims that some small amount of salt material in the soil, some pieces of rope, some pebbles and rocks assortments and also anchor stones have been found nearby with a few miles of the location and there has been claims of some pieces of wood was found that possibly could date to the time of Noah,

but growing up I felt a little disappointment with my excitement because I felt that there should be a massive archeological dig that would dig up and pull up and research and locate the artifacts beneath the earth.

It has puzzled me and caused me to wonder if perhaps ancient civilizations after the flood had already removed all of the materials pertaining to the ark and there was not really anything remaining of the original materials pertaining to the ark

regardless here is website I found that has some info about the area where Noah's Ark is reported to have landed

https://www.arkdiscovery.com/noahsarkstones.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

katt

The is incased in Ice, it's not like desert type digging, It's also said the Ark is tilted in some way, making digging quite dangerous.

Jaybird

The government of Turkey prohibited any exploration in this area for a number of years so this is why the site has not been excavated. The government must have opened the site recently, hence we are seeing more exploration of the area.

kathymendel

It is interesting to me is that it was discovered by a farmer in 1948 ............that pivotal year that Israel became a nation,
and so many prophetical things were put into play here on earth. Seventy-six years later and there have been no studies
for excavations to find out more???? Perhaps due to non-believers not wanting it to be proven, or perhaps due to God
holding back the info until a specific time in His plan???? It will certainly be interesting to see where they go with this now.

katt

Just a thought, remember in Revelation 10:4; have always wondered what John saw and heard, maybe what he saw and heard was the ark falling from wherever it's at! :lol

thanks for the information about the Mt. Ararat site location where Noah's Ark is located.

such a shame that the Muslim Governments refuse to allow equipment and crews to excavate the Ark location more thoroughly and fully. The location is located in Turkey just near the border with Iran.

My dream would be to have the time and funds to personally go to the Ark myself and dig up and see the amazing artifacts of Noah's Ark even though the Ark was built 4,000 to 5,000 years ago - it still would be worth it to me to begin digging to see if there was anything buried.

maryrae

I'm wondering if there would be much left. After Noah and his family had left the ark, they would need some sort of shelter, perhaps tools to work the ground for crops, and where better to get the wood than to start with dismantling the ark? Just a thought. Still, it would be exciting to find possible ark remnants!

very true, that's exactly what he and his expanding family should have done to best suit their prosperity and survival and health and safety

katt

very true, that's exactly what he and his expanding family should have done to best suit their prosperity and survival and health and safety

Safety? From Who? They were the only ones on the planet. From the animals? God put a fear of humans into the animals which they didn't have before, so the animals dispersed to their natural habitats. Weather? I doubt the family wanted to spend another minute anywhere near that Ark. I'm sure once they finished at the alter Noah built, they headed on and never looked back. Although, had it been me, I would have spent the rest of my life staying close, going back to think, pray at that alter and taken my grandchildren and beyond to that amazing ark and raised them on the story. But that's me. The Bible says Noah planted a Vineyard and lived in a tent. Only God knows if he or any of them ever went back.

Carl

I suspect that Noah and family would have to leave the arc in a hurry to get to suitable ground for farming.

Lepter

Safety? From Who? They were the only ones on the planet. From the animals? God put a fear of humans into the animals which they didn't have before, so the animals dispersed to their natural habitats. Weather? I doubt the family wanted to spend another minute anywhere near that Ark. I'm sure once they finished at the alter Noah built, they headed on and never looked back. Although, had it been me, I would have spent the rest of my life staying close, going back to think, pray at that alter and taken my grandchildren and beyond to that amazing ark and raised them on the story. But that's me. The Bible says Noah planted a Vineyard and lived in a tent. Only God knows if he or any of them ever went back.
Safety from the elements. The world would have been in environmental chaos after the global flood. Climate would have been fluctuating and so having a ready made shelter would have been very beneficial. A large supply of wood, bitumen, high ground...all giving protection from the elements. Makes sense to stay there for some time until the earth stabilised.

Back