New Moderator

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
I appreciate the "Super" accolade and am humbled by the comments, as I am sure are Chris, Buzz, and Once; but I personally agree with King'sBloomingRose. Still, lest we get distracted here, let us explain that the only reason we put anything under our names at all is so people know to whom to go with problems on the board. Frankly, outside of that, titles are unnecessary. It is not what a man calls himself that counts but what God calls him. It is not what a man proclaims himself to be but what his actions proclaim him to be that bears any regard. So, whether the forum software enables us to be called moderator, super-moderator, administrator, servant or King Tut, what matters is how we serve ... in feeding, protecting, leading, encouraging, comforting and example. We hold as our instruction Peter's command: "Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3 NIV) For, as Paul says, "Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm. (2 Corinthians 1:24 NIV)
+1

SonSeeker

Well said, Adrian (as usual). This was just one of our ways of saying, "Thanks, for all you guys do.":thumbup

And I for one, sure do like OWL's new title.:lol::thumbup

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, Kathy. :lol: We in fact have a couple of Chris's here on the mod team! And they are opposites— one's a California boy ...the other's a Florida one! :lol:

Kathy_57

lol - I am just now discovering that :lol:

Welcome OWL to this forum ~ I certainly look forward to your posts :heythere:

livin_in_the_Son

Frankly, I would have gone with King Tut myself! :lol: But in all seriousness, being a mod, or admin, is a hard job, and all of you do it well, with grace, and a gentleness that I appreciate. Not once I have ever felt like I couldn't approach any one of you. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Meg

Frankly, I would have gone with King Tut myself! :lol: But in all seriousness, being a mod, or admin, is a hard job, and all of you do it well, with grace, and a gentleness that I appreciate. Not once I have ever felt like I couldn't approach any one of you. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Amen and Amen!