New Moderator

Robert

mattfivefour said:
We don't know if many of you have noticed, but we have a new Moderator on Rapture Forums. His user name is OnceWasLost. He has been a member of both Rapture Forums and our sister site, Rapture Ready, for more than four and a half years and a moderator at RR for two and a half. We of the Admin and Mod team here at RF are very pleased he has agreed to help us, not only because of his experience as a moderator but because he is a respected Christian leader and the senior pastor of a Calvary Chapel in the greater Los Angeles area. Adding someone of his background enables RF to continue to be a strong place for the proclamation of the gospel, a reliable place for the balanced view of prophecy, and a wonderful place of Christian fellowship set on a strong doctrinal foundation. Please join us in welcoming OnceWasLost to the RF mod team.
:welcome: to OnceWasLost :hug

Thanks for coming here to Mod; we really appreciate it! :thumbup :thumbup

SonSeeker

:welcome: OnceWasLost!

What's the difference between a Moderator and a Super Moderator?:scratch: Inquiring minds want to know.:nod

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator

What's the difference between a Moderator and a Super Moderator?:scratch: Inquiring minds want to know.:nod
"Super" I suppose. :scratch:

BTW it's not a self assessment. :hehheh

I am looking into how to change it, but I can't do it in the console. :willy:

Meg

Welcome aboard OnceWasLost and thank you for lending your time and talents to moderate around here. :hat:

anath

I Love the Lord
Welcome, OnceWasLost! Thanks for coming here and thank for your service to our Lord. :wave

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member

We're all part of a group called Super Moderators. I managed to change my title some time ago. OWL tried to change his but the new format won't let him save the change. So he's waiting for Chris to do it.

Longing2cJesus

:wave Hi OWL :wave

Welcome to RF as the "new" MOD :thumbup

So happy to see you here on RF.

To me you are a "Super MOD" for I have seen what you have had to deal with at RR :lol: :nod

:hug

Ann

SonSeeker

We're all part of a group called Super Moderators. I managed to change my title some time ago. OWL tried to change his but the new format won't let him save the change. So he's waiting for Chris to do it.
I don't think anyone would complain if you just changed yours and the others back to 'Super'. You're all Super Moderators to us!!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

How about it, members????

king'sbloomingrose

He is able to save
I don't think anyone would complain if you just changed yours and the others back to 'Super'. You're all Super Moderators to us!!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

How about it, members????
No offense intended, but I think that it would be a little too scary and seem to distance or set apart our leaders from us slightly. I prefer the title of plain moderator. :nod :hug

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the "Super" accolade and am humbled by the comments, as I am sure are Chris, Buzz, and Once; but I personally agree with King'sBloomingRose. Still, lest we get distracted here, let us explain that the only reason we put anything under our names at all is so people know to whom to go with problems on the board. Frankly, outside of that, titles are unnecessary. It is not what a man calls himself that counts but what God calls him. It is not what a man proclaims himself to be but what his actions proclaim him to be that bears any regard. So, whether the forum software enables us to be called moderator, super-moderator, administrator, servant or King Tut, what matters is how we serve ... in feeding, protecting, leading, encouraging, comforting and example. We hold as our instruction Peter's command: "Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3 NIV) For, as Paul says, "Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm. (2 Corinthians 1:24 NIV)