New layout

Kaatje

Hi Chris, beautiful layout!

First I was shocked when my access to the Forum was denied because of the upgrade,
but a couple of hours later everything was in fine working order, so many thanks.

(But better for my heart if not to many hick-ups will follow anymore... ;)).

And I put in a new Avatar, the old one was a bit distorted (big head, LOL)

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
The new layout is different, but I think I am already getting use to it. Just wanted to let you know there is a default style at the bottom left of the page. It is called Splash which instead of the blue letters it is black if that is your preference.

Last edited:

chaser

The new layout is different, but I think I am already getting use to it. Just wanted to let you know there is a default style at the bottom left of the page. It is called Splash which instead of the blue letters it is black if that is your preference.
Yes, different, will take a while for me I guess, thanks for the heads up on the default and switch to black letters, that works better for me.
:thumbup

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Please do not get used to the “splash” style as that was the old one on the board. It is only there because it was not deleted before installing the new software. It is not compatible with this software. It is not designed for it. I will be removing it soon. But the current style can be color changed, I’ll just have to figure out how to do it. I was going to fool with that this Weekend. We can see what we can do about customizing the default style.

Amethyst

I think it looks clean....reminds me of the updated RR boards, actually :D

I'm just glad when it asked me to "confirm" whether I really wanted to like a post or not, that it only asked one time! I thought it was going to ask me "are you sure?" every time I wanted to hit 'like'.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I haven’t gotten that far yet. I did have a comment that a poster liked the board without the most likes and most posts. They felt that at times it was becoming a competition to some. I have been thinking about just running the board with minimum bulk to help it stay fast to load. When you start adding plugins and addons to software they tend to slow down some. Less problems with the main software when you don’t have that extra stuff on there that complicates the code. At this point I don’t know.

Does anyone have a preference about the most likes and most posts?

Longing2cJesus

I haven’t gotten that far yet. I did have a comment that a poster liked the board without the most likes and most posts. They felt that at times it was becoming a competition to some. I have been thinking about just running the board with minimum bulk to help it stay fast to load. When you start adding plugins and addons to software they tend to slow down some. Less problems with the main software when you don’t have that extra stuff on there that complicates the code. At this point I don’t know.

Chris, I tend to agree with you regarding "most like and most posts" becoming a competition. We are here to fellowship not compete with each other.

God Bless you and yours.

:hug

Ann

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

It isn't a competition thing with me it is a challenge. It is kind of like a game, but to me it isn't a I am better than you are thing. I don't look at it that way. I do like it! None of us are better than the other. By the way if you choose to not have this on here any more it doesn't stop me from posting. What do you think about starting a poll to see what others think? God loves us all the same!:bighug

Last edited: