New Host

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
After the incident the other day with an hour or two of down time, I've finally had it with the old host and we are moving over the next several days to a new dedicated server and off the VPS. We will be increasing resources (doubling CPUs and increasing 4x as much RAM) while being the only site on the server. This should give us a big performance boast and all for the same amount of money. :)

The new host is the same one RR uses, we know they don't ever have problems, so I think we will be over the hump soon with down times. This company is one of the best in the business. We will be in good hands. :)

There will be a little downtime, but it is too early to tell when. I suspect over the weekend or first of next week. The server is being built as I post this and then they will begin the migration of RF to the new host.

Thank you for your patience.

God bless.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The final sync on the website will be done early this morning and we may be able to switch DNS servers for the new site. But there will probably be some downtime. So, don't be surprised if there is. They are getting things setup and moved faster than I expected which is good.

Also, I may turn off the forums but I haven't decided about that yet. Just know and expect that you may lose a few posts or threads while we are propagating from one server to the other.

Thank you.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We have made the move and changed our DNS servers at goDaddy. We are now on the dedicated server and there is still some propagation being done so some people may have a trouble for the next 24 hours accessing the site, but it will be resolved shortly. Most people should be able to access the site now. I hope you are able to see a performance and speed increase from the change. :)

Back