New E cars, Go green if you can afford it

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
lately I have received some of the latest e-car ads.

Sleek, efficient, green..... and the brands: Audi, Cadillac, Alfa Romeo...

This fits perfectly with the California Green car edict.
Only the wealthy will be driving such.

The rest of us? Walking, biking, public transit or working 30 hours of overtime to lease a 12 volt scooter.

We should not envy them though, because the revelation of what is just around the corner is shocking.

jab777

lately I have received some of the latest e-car ads.

Sleek, efficient, green..... and the brands: Audi, Cadillac, Alfa Romeo...

This fits perfectly with the California Green car edict.
Only the wealthy will be driving such.

The rest of us? Walking, biking, public transit or working 30 hours of overtime to lease a 12 volt scooter.

We should not envy them though, because the revelation of what is just around the corner is shocking.
I’ve had the sneaking suspicion that the ultimate goal is to have us all living in cities in small, crappy apartments near public transportation. Maybe you can have a bike. The goal is to have everybody jammed together so as to make it easier to control us. See PRC or the old USSR for examples.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I’ve had the sneaking suspicion that the ultimate goal is to have us all living in cities in small, crappy apartments near public transportation. Maybe you can have a bike. The goal is to have everybody jammed together so as to make it easier to control us. See PRC or the old USSR for examples.

I've looked at that part of the plan for that. Highrises grouped together in areas already selected. Highrises and working facilities all connected by rail. No need for vehicles other than public transportation. Most of the country becomes a "green belt" and I presume is off limits even if you had a way to explore/travel. I think we regular people become expendable labor for the elite class. The stuff they plan is out there for everyone to see... they're not hiding it. It doesn't seem to be much an existence to me.

jab777

I've looked at that part of the plan for that. Highrises grouped together in areas already selected. Highrises and working facilities all connected by rail. No need for vehicles other than public transportation. Most of the country becomes a "green belt" and I presume is off limits even if you had a way to explore/travel. I think we regular people become expendable labor for the elite class. The stuff they plan is out there for everyone to see... they're not hiding it. It doesn't seem to be much an existence to me.
No it doesn’t. Let’s pray we get airlifted out of here before all this garbage happens.

athenasius

I hope we are outta here before then. I like my privacy. I also have noisy pets and we can be a bit noisy ourselves. Nobody wants to be our neighbors. :ahaha
I might, I like your guinea pigs that you've mentioned in previous posts. If I haven't got you confused with other pet owners. They are so cute and cuddly. I had one as a teen, called him Peeeg. He was adorable.

While I love my apartment condo neighbours and my apartment, it's because it is right for us at our stage of life. I don't think it's a great idea for everyone. We all need to be able to choose what works for us regardless of what the central planners of the new communist North America wants to shove us into.

Those batteries on those electric cars are a TERRIBLE choice if they are serious about the environment and where on earth do they think electricity comes from?????

Baby Yoda

Yep, I've seen plans for a "line city" where all the buildings are in one straight line and you have to use public transport up and down the line.

Mama Bug

I might, I like your guinea pigs that you've mentioned in previous posts. If I haven't got you confused with other pet owners. They are so cute and cuddly. I had one as a teen, called him Peeeg. He was adorable.

While I love my apartment condo neighbours and my apartment, it's because it is right for us at our stage of life. I don't think it's a great idea for everyone. We all need to be able to choose what works for us regardless of what the central planners of the new communist North America wants to shove us into.

Those batteries on those electric cars are a TERRIBLE choice if they are serious about the environment and where on earth do they think electricity comes from?????
I’ve got three guinea pigs, three parakeets and one cat so it can get pretty noisy here.

Where I live now, my nearest neighbor lives across a pasture. I can’t even see them. I think my daughter met one of them last week when she drove her car into the ditch. She’s ok, she was a little shaken up and embarrassed but was ok otherwise.

Who can afford those batteries. Might as well put the car in a landfill after the battery dies.

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
Maybe we should not go green, but yellow. Put lemonade/lemon juice concentrate in the fuel tank and have a bike peddle propeller that stirs the juice to generate electricity.

You get a workout and save the environment.

It would give a new meaning to "driving a lemon"

ShilohRose

Why do I keep thinking of Logan's Run?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Why do I keep thinking of Logan's Run?

I think the latest Judge Dredd movie almost captured it. While I don't think the highrises were built linearly in the movie, it had everyone (at least the rank and file) living in them. Some had gangs that were pretty much running their buildings as they saw fit... which I could see happening in real life if we ever get housed that way.