New Canadian Law Will Officially Describe Parts of The Bible As 'Myth'

Trawdaddy

With the passage of Bill C-4 (the "conversion therapy" ban), there is a great deal of concern among Canadian churches. Has the Trudeau government put a law on the books that effectively criminalizes Christianity? According to some prominent clergy in this country, the answer is, shockingly, yes.
https://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=5150

Romans 1:25
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.​

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Fortunately, the members of my family that are there are all saved and see through this.

I hope this doesn't mean that the "mythical parts" of the Bible that are "hate literature" will be banned and only "edited," "redacted," "hate-free" PC Bibles allowed :cry

. . . of course, the PC crowd here would see this kind of thing as a good idea worthy of copying :mad :fear

:pray :pray :amen :amen

biblegirl

Another article I read said this new law targets the parts of the Bible that deal with gender and sexuality. In other words, they are labeling as 'myth' the parts of the Bible that go against the Left's narrative on transgenderism and homosexuality. They are pretty much calling God a liar and trying to intimidate people to keep them from believing God's word. I expect to see this same type strategy used here in the U.S soon. Satan is doing his best to blind and confuse people as we get closer to the return of Jesus. When men decide they are really women, and women decide they are really men, we know we must be close to the end game. I'm not sure how much more confused people can become.

Ghoti Ichthus

Even little boys and girls getting potty-trained know that boys have a pee-pee and girls do not :tappingfoot

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:14, KJV

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:27, KJV

Trawdaddy

Even little boys and girls getting potty-trained know that boys have a pee-pee and girls do not :tappingfoot

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Well said, thanks.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus

And Jesus Himself referenced those scriptures:

"Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘God made them male and female.’" And he said, “‘This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.’ Matt 19:4-5

Interestingly, the only partnership that the religious leaders asked about was in regards to marriage between man and woman. It was fully understood by Israel and God Himself, Jesus, who referenced Genesis that marriage was only to be between a man and a woman and no other type of partnership. These referenced passages are in the book that Jesus pointed to as an authoritative one to learn and be guided from, Genesis. In this very book, from the beginning, it's also clear that other types of relationships/"marriages" were not sanctioned by God other than between 1 man and 1 woman.

Additionally, Jesus' reference of the man leaving his and father and mother (male and female) further shows the intended pattern God designed for marriage.

Big Brother Billy

WAITING ON JESUS
Another article I read said this new law targets the parts of the Bible that deal with gender and sexuality. In other words, they are labeling as 'myth' the parts of the Bible that go against the Left's narrative on transgenderism and homosexuality. They are pretty much calling God a liar and trying to intimidate people to keep them from believing God's word. I expect to see this same type strategy used here in the U.S soon. Satan is doing his best to blind and confuse people as we get closer to the return of Jesus. When men decide they are really women, and women decide they are really men, we know we must be close to the end game. I'm not sure how much more confused people can become.
HELL'S GATE IS OPEN WIDE!!!

MapleLeaf

Most people I know like to pretend our leaders are just naive and are stumbling into these errors. I guess it's too hard to accept our leaders are openly declaring themselves to be enemies of God. Not that it's any contest, but it's better when we face what we're dealing with. I'm not sure many of my peers even know this has passed.

Lovin Jesus

"we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." 2 Corinthians 4:1-4

Ghoti Ichthus

The first part of the Apostle's Creed, which is rarely used anymore, except for Baptisms, comes to mind:

I renounce the devil and all his works and all his ways . . .

Perhaps it's needful to resurrect this as a reminder/strengthening tool for ourselves and as a public witness. We are called to be salt and light, which means we stand apart from the sin and darkness of the world.

JamesSuth

The world is increasingly openly rebelling against God. I think we had a slowing of the open ridicule of Christianity as the left has openly embraced Islam. When I was in primary school my teachers openly ridiculed me for believing in a God and presented the whole Bible as a myth. But their language has now been softened since then because they are openly supportive of Islam. Even our enemies on some level get that they can't ridicule a Christian for believing in a higher power while praising a Muslim for doing the same thing. So, I think now we will see much more targeted persecution. Rather than open ridicule for believing 'myths', it will be conversion therapy by Christians, old fashioned views of Christians, and even plain lies about Christians.

But, this quote from a Canadian pastor against this shocked me (in a really good way):

"Our King and Head is greatly displeased with our MPs for their sinful disregard for the spiritual and eternal well-being of Canadians. But it is important to note that they have also committed high blasphemy by referring to biblical teaching as 'myths' in this legislation. We all must therefore tremble to consider what terrifying judgments will be visited upon our nation for this bold gesture of hatred towards the most high God."

These pastors recognise our Lord as King and Head of this earth! And condemned the parliament for real blasphemy and disregarding the eternal well-being of Canadians. I can't think of a single pastor in the UK who would say that. They would speak about religious liberty, discrimination and all that language of the world. Good on them for speaking TRUTH. I long for the rapture, but almost more than anything I'm looking forward to TRUTH rather than the lies of this world. And the number one truth is that Jesus is King of Kings, Lord of Lords, not to mention the many other titles He holds, and I long for the day these are recognised.

Big Brother Billy

WAITING ON JESUS
The world is increasingly openly rebelling against God. I think we had a slowing of the open ridicule of Christianity as the left has openly embraced Islam. When I was in primary school my teachers openly ridiculed me for believing in a God and presented the whole Bible as a myth. But their language has now been softened since then because they are openly supportive of Islam. Even our enemies on some level get that they can't ridicule a Christian for believing in a higher power while praising a Muslim for doing the same thing. So, I think now we will see much more targeted persecution. Rather than open ridicule for believing 'myths', it will be conversion therapy by Christians, old fashioned views of Christians, and even plain lies about Christians.

But, this quote from a Canadian pastor against this shocked me (in a really good way):

"Our King and Head is greatly displeased with our MPs for their sinful disregard for the spiritual and eternal well-being of Canadians. But it is important to note that they have also committed high blasphemy by referring to biblical teaching as 'myths' in this legislation. We all must therefore tremble to consider what terrifying judgments will be visited upon our nation for this bold gesture of hatred towards the most high God."

These pastors recognise our Lord as King and Head of this earth! And condemned the parliament for real blasphemy and disregarding the eternal well-being of Canadians. I can't think of a single pastor in the UK who would say that. They would speak about religious liberty, discrimination and all that language of the world. Good on them for speaking TRUTH. I long for the rapture, but almost more than anything I'm looking forward to TRUTH rather than the lies of this world. And the number one truth is that Jesus is King of Kings, Lord of Lords, not to mention the many other titles He holds, and I long for the day these are recognised.
AMEN BROTHER JAMES