New and young Believer in Jesus Christ our Saviour from Missouri

Ford

Hello I a young believer in Christ from a small rural town in Missouri. I came across this forum while searching for something about the "parable of the Talents," and it looked like a good place as I saw you used the King James Bible. I'm only 19 years old, and honestly I can't give an exact date of my salvation, because I have been struggling with it for some time, examining myself, and checking whether I was really saved.

However the most probable date would be February 11th or 12th of this year...however I recall also witnessing the Gospel to people back in 2010, and so I'm still trying to figure out if it was "Providential Grace," or I was actually saved beforehand a few years back, and possibly as far back as the fall of 2009...

Sorry if this confuses anyone, but I would need to explain it out more, and could over email, or phone much better.

As for what my faith is in...

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (I Timothy 3:16 KJV)

My Faith is in Jesus Christ coming in the flesh as both God Almighty, and as a man (Human Being) or God in the flesh.

And...

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. (Matthew 1:23 KJV)

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14 KJV)

My Faith is in that Jesus was born of a virgin birth when the holy Ghost came upon marry, and impregnated her as it says in scripture.

And...

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:3-5 KJV)

My Faith is in you must be born again of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) to enter into the Kingdom of God. This happens when...

In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (Ephesians 1:13 KJV)

When you put your faith, and trust in the Gospel which saves our souls. Beliving, or putting faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is how we become born again, and its something that happens at the same time...The Gospel is...

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:15-17 KJV)

Also these scriptures...

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. (Romans 5:8-11 KJV)

In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: (Colossians 1:14 KJV)

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: (Colossians 1:20-22 KJV)

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (I Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV)

That Jesus died, and suffered for me, and the whole world. For my personal sins, and the whole worlds sins. He shed his precious blood for me, and paid my sin debit I owed, because:

Also My faith is in that Jesus rose from the dead three days later for our justification.

What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (Romans 3:9-10 KJV)

&

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23 KJV)

For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23 KJV)

I was a sinner, and were all sinners worthy of death (spiritual death in Hell, and then the lake of fire.)

My faith is in that Jesus Christ died for me, and my sins, and was crucified on the cross for me. He was the sacrificial Lamb for my sins. The spotless Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. I justified (declared righteous) by Christ's blood he shed for me, and also his righteousness is imputed unto me if I believe on him.

I believe in a literal Hell where the lost will go, and where I once was on my way until Jesus Christ my Saviour saved me from the Wrath of God.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28 KJV)

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Revelation 14:10-11 KJV)

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:14-15 KJV)

And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (Isaiah 66:24 KJV)

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Luke 16:23 KJV)

Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. (Isaiah 5:14 KJV)

The Scripture is quite clear, and my Faith is in that their is a literal place called Hell, and you will go there unless your saved...

My Faith is also in...

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16 KJV)

That Salvation is a free gift of God, and you can't earn it. Were justified by faith in Jesus Christ, and by his grace we are saved.

Anyhow for rooms sake I'll end it here for now.

My favorite book in the Bible is the book of Revelation, I'm a young believer, or baby in Christ, and am looking for fellowship in Missouri. If you know of any house Christians maybe, or anything I can find on the west side of Missouri (I live 40 miles south of Belton/Grandview in Missouri in a small rural town called Urich)

I would love to fellowship, and if possible let me know if anyone is looking for more believers to fellowship with...

That's about it for now...if you have any other questions feel free to ask, or email me. Nice to meet everyone.

Oh one last thing! My faith is also in the "King James Bible" as the preserved Word of God in the English language according to Psalm 12:6-7:

The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (Psalm 12:6-7 KJV)

So that's all for now.

In Christ Jesus, William (Ford)

Robert

Hello I a young believer in Christ from a small rural town in Missouri. I came across this forum while searching for something about the "parable of the Talents," and it looked like a good place as I saw you used the King James Bible. I'm only 19 years old, and honestly I can't give an exact date of my salvation, because I have been struggling with it for some time, examining myself, and checking whether I was really saved.

However the most probable date would be February 11th or 12th of this year...however I recall also witnessing the Gospel to people back in 2010, and so I'm still trying to figure out if it was "Providential Grace," or I was actually saved beforehand a few years back, and possibly as far back as the fall of 2009...

Sorry if this confuses anyone, but I would need to explain it out more, and could over email, or phone much better.

As for what my faith is in...

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (I Timothy 3:16 KJV)

My Faith is in Jesus Christ coming in the flesh as both God Almighty, and as a man (Human Being) or God in the flesh.

And...

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. (Matthew 1:23 KJV)

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14 KJV)

My Faith is in that Jesus was born of a virgin birth when the holy Ghost came upon marry, and impregnated her as it says in scripture.

And...

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:3-5 KJV)

My Faith is in you must be born again of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) to enter into the Kingdom of God. This happens when...

In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (Ephesians 1:13 KJV)

When you put your faith, and trust in the Gospel which saves our souls. Beliving, or putting faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is how we become born again, and its something that happens at the same time...The Gospel is...

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:15-17 KJV)

Also these scriptures...

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. (Romans 5:8-11 KJV)

In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: (Colossians 1:14 KJV)

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: (Colossians 1:20-22 KJV)

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (I Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV)

That Jesus died, and suffered for me, and the whole world. For my personal sins, and the whole worlds sins. He shed his precious blood for me, and paid my sin debit I owed, because:

Also My faith is in that Jesus rose from the dead three days later for our justification.

What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (Romans 3:9-10 KJV)

&

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23 KJV)

For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23 KJV)

I was a sinner, and were all sinners worthy of death (spiritual death in Hell, and then the lake of fire.)

My faith is in that Jesus Christ died for me, and my sins, and was crucified on the cross for me. He was the sacrificial Lamb for my sins. The spotless Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. I justified (declared righteous) by Christ's blood he shed for me, and also his righteousness is imputed unto me if I believe on him.

I believe in a literal Hell where the lost will go, and where I once was on my way until Jesus Christ my Saviour saved me from the Wrath of God.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28 KJV)

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Revelation 14:10-11 KJV)

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:14-15 KJV)

And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (Isaiah 66:24 KJV)

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Luke 16:23 KJV)

Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. (Isaiah 5:14 KJV)

The Scripture is quite clear, and my Faith is in that their is a literal place called Hell, and you will go there unless your saved...

My Faith is also in...

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16 KJV)

That Salvation is a free gift of God, and you can't earn it. Were justified by faith in Jesus Christ, and by his grace we are saved.

Anyhow for rooms sake I'll end it here for now.

My favorite book in the Bible is the book of Revelation, I'm a young believer, or baby in Christ, and am looking for fellowship in Missouri. If you know of any house Christians maybe, or anything I can find on the west side of Missouri (I live 40 miles south of Belton/Grandview in Missouri in a small rural town called Urich)

I would love to fellowship, and if possible let me know if anyone is looking for more believers to fellowship with...

That's about it for now...if you have any other questions feel free to ask, or email me. Nice to meet everyone.

Oh one last thing! My faith is also in the "King James Bible" as the preserved Word of God in the English language according to Psalm 12:6-7:

The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (Psalm 12:6-7 KJV)

So that's all for now.

In Christ Jesus, William (Ford)
Welcome to the forums, Ford! :welcome:

I consider myself having come to the Lord on May 15th 2007 even though I believed in the Lord much earlier. It was on that date that I was broken due to my circumstances, and the Lord was all I had left. It was one thing for me to say I believed, but to actually trust in Him and stop trying to do things in my own strength was another matter entirely.

No one who walks with the Lord ever has it "all together"; we all lack and we all need.

As for the exact date of your salvation- what matters is that you accepted the Lord's precious gift and are saved by His sacrifice. All of us here come from all walks of life, have heard the message of salvation at different points in our lives and the Lord has met us all where each of us were at.

GlennO

Welcome Ford!!

Robert expressed the essential.

Knowing the date you trusted in Jesus is nice.... but I can not put a precise date of my new birth either. Don't let the accuser (the devil) of those who are born-twice (those who trust in Christ) get a foot-hold!

Resolve the matter now!

Embrace the scriptures below out-loud and write it down in your bible and get on with growing in Jesus!

Romans 10:9-13
(9) because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
(10) For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
(11) For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."
(12) For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
(13) For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Welcome to the RF family and welcome into the body of Christ! :thumbup:hat::nod

MikeD

Hello Ford, and welcome! Great to have ya here with us.

I agree what was stated above; knowing the "exact" day of your salvation isn't really that big of a deal. For me, it was some time in April, just before I graduated from Hi School. That would be April 1973. Wow, even saying it makes me feel old!

Anyway, I would have given ANYTHING to have had the faith and stance in the Lord you have when I was 19. But, the Lord has a "time" for us all and calls us at the perfect time for His glory and pleasure.

Again, welcome to the "family".

FaithInChrist

Welcome to RF. I pray you can find a church so you can fellowship with other believers, or at the very least a group of believers close by you can meet with. It is a tough time in the world to be a teenager/young adult and having like minded young people around you makes your walk with Christ a bit easier. As a mother of young Christians like you, I know that fellowship is something you need. Be sure and pray, our God will certainly make sure all your spiritual needs are met.

I know of a couple of good churches in Joplin, MO, but unfortunately, I do not know of any up near your area. I hope somebody on the board can help with this.

Ford

Thank you all for your warm welcome, and sorry for a late response. Don't know how much time I'll get on here, but what I do get I'll try to get on.

I struggle with sleeping, and have since 2008 or early 2009 or so, and up until now. Since about the 9th, or 10th until 13th which is 72 or 96 hours, and out of that total time I have not been able to sleep 67 1/2 hours of it, so basically two thirds of the time I have been up.

Was on the 9th or 10th I was up from 5:00 P.M. until 11:30 P.M. on the 10th or 11th, I forget as its all just going by real quick right now this last week, or so. That would have been 31 1/2 hours right there, and than...

from the 11th 3:00 P.M. until 12th 3:00 P.M. I stayed up another 24 hours, but fell asleep for a short three hours yesterday at 3 until 6, and have been up since 6:00 P.M. on the 12th of October, which makes it almost another 12 hours - just 2 shy, and so thats about 36 + 31 1/2 which makes 67 hours, or about 2/3 out of 96 hours time frame of all this.

Its never been as bad as these last couple of days, and have struggled with both sleeping, and getting up for a few years now. Please say some prayers for me. Also I have tried some things like Melotonin, Valerian Root, and some other things to help, but doesn't do much good.

Yeah if I don't find fellowship at least I have the fellowship with the Holy Ghost, God the Father, and Jesus Christ. I John 1:3

as for my doubts on my salvation, its not just about the date thing even, but yes I agree not very important, because ultimately the Lord knows, and we know.

I'll explain more later, but for now I got to try to get some rest if I can...will be a miracle if I do.

MikeD

I used to have trouble with the sleep thing, especially the years that I drove trucks cross country. A Pastor friend of mine made a simple suggestion and I use it to this day. Before going to sleep or at least tring to, I'd simply pray, Lord, turn my mind off, dream of you, and sleep in Your rest. AMEN! And then, as best I could, STOP THINKING! Not too easy but, hey it works...