Netanyahu woos Arabs with ‘new age of brotherhood, prosperity, security’

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Netanyahu woos Arabs with ‘new age of brotherhood, prosperity, security’
Police drag protesting Joint List MKs away in what Knesset speaker called unacceptable behavior.
By LAHAV HARKOV
JANUARY 13, 2021

Promising a better future, greater integration into Israeli society, and to fight crime, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu courted the Arab vote in Nazareth on Wednesday. Netanyahu opened his remarks at the Nazareth municipality with “a-salam aleikum,” – shalom aleichem, peace unto you – and immediately addressed his comments on Election Day in 2015, in which he warned: “Arabs voters are going in their droves to the ballot boxes; left-wing organizations are bringing them on buses.” The prime minister said “people twisted my words,” and that he believes that “all Israeli citizens, Jews and Arabs must vote. It’s the most important democratic right.” “My intention was to warn against voting for the Joint List. Years later, you all saw the Joint List oppose the four historic peace agreements I brought with four Arab states,” he said, scoffing: “Unbelievable.”

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news...arabs-join-the-success-story-of-israel-655308