Netanyahu pledges to legalize West Bank settler outposts if re-elected

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Netanyahu pledges to legalize West Bank settler outposts if re-elected
"I swear to you: If I create a strong right-wing government without a rotation, I will take care of the settlements and the authorization of the young settlements [outposts]."
By TOVAH LAZAROFF
MARCH 14, 2021

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday pledged to authorize illegal West Bank settler outposts should the results of the March 23 election allow him to create a right-wing government, as he made his first campaign swing in Judea and Samaria for this fourth election cycle. “I swear to you: If I create a strong right-wing government without a rotation, I will take care of the settlements and the authorization of the young settlements [outposts],” he said during a visit to the Givat Harel outpost in the West Bank’s Binyamin region.

Netanyahu spoke at an event that was closed to the media, and his remark was publicized by the Young Settlements Forum, whose representatives met with him at the outpost. But he also spoke about his support for outpost authorization in a public speech posted on his Facebook page that he made both in Givat Harel and later in the Kfar Etzion settlement in Gush Etzion. Netanyahu had already pledged to support the authorization of the outposts prior to the fall of the government.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/n...st-bank-settler-outposts-if-re-elected-661962