Netanyahu plea rejection brings Likud leader candidates to submission

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Netanyahu plea rejection brings Likud leader candidates to submission
"I said all along I would respect any decision Netanyahu made and stay in the race until I bring the Likud back to power," said Yuli Edelstein, the only candidate still standing.
By GIL HOFFMAN
Published: JANUARY 25, 2022

Battling Likud leadership candidates folded their tents on Tuesday, following opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu’s announcement that he was rejecting a plea-bargain agreement in his corruption cases and remaining head of Likud. One by one, candidates Nir Barkat, Israel Katz, Miri Regev and Tzachi Hanegbi announced their perpetual loyalty on social media to Netanyahu, even though they were fighting over replacing him moments earlier.

The only candidate who intends to challenge Netanyahu for the Likud leadership remains former Knesset speaker Yuli Edelstein, just as before Netanyahu’s pondering of the plea deal ignited a succession contest. “My world didn’t change,” Edelstein told The Jerusalem Post. “It has stayed exactly the same. I said all along I would respect any decision Netanyahu made and stay in the race until I bring the Likud back to power.”

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-694551