Netanyahu: Israel Won't Pass Laws Against Christians

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/benjamin-netanyahu-israel-law/2023/03/23/id/1113544/

At 4:43 p.m. Israel time, he [Netanyahu] issued the following tweet in Hebrew and English to his 2.2 million followers.

......"We will not advance any law against the Christian community."

The statement comes after All Israel News broke the story on Sunday that two ultra-Orthodox Members of Knesset introduced a bill to outlaw anyone from sharing the Gospel of Jesus the Messiah in Israel, and that violators would be punished with prison sentences.

The story was quickly picked up by a wide range of Evangelical Christian and Israeli Jewish news outlets.

Also, Knesset Member Moshe Gafni, one of the authors of the bill, put out a statement saying his proposal was going nowhere......

athenasius

I kind of thought it wouldn't go anywhere. Netanyahu deeply appreciates the support of evangelical Christians and their pressure on their own politicians to continue to support Israel not attack her. Not to mention the tourism industry which benefits from faithful Christians who want to see the Holy Land for themselves.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I kind of thought it wouldn't go anywhere. Netanyahu deeply appreciates the support of evangelical Christians and their pressure on their own politicians to continue to support Israel not attack her. Not to mention the tourism industry which benefits from faithful Christians who want to see the Holy Land for themselves.
I agree, I didn't think it would go anywhere either.
There is a strong witness in Israel that I believe the Lord will preserve and not allow to be disrupted.
My best friend and several church members just got back from Israel recently (again).
:)

Back