Netanyahu: I never ditched IDF reserves service, former commander lied

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Netanyahu: I never ditched IDF reserves service, former commander lied
"Netanyahu dedicated and even risked his life to Israel's security," the prime minister said in a statement attacking his former commander's claim.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

IDF Lt.-Col. (res.) Shlomo Rizman, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's former reserve service commander, accused Netanyahu on Tuesday of ditching reserve service after the prime minister attacked reservists who had threatened to not show up for reserve service in a speech on Monday evening.

In a letter published on Tuesday and shared by Channel 13, Rizman referred to past statements by Netanyahu and members of the coalition against reservists who had threatened to not show up for reserve service if the judicial reform was passed, including statements by Public Diplomacy Minister Galit Distal Atbaryan calling reserve service pilots "a crowd of weaklings."

"Let's speak about you as a reserve soldier," wrote Rizman. "In the First Lebanon War, Danny B. of blessed memory shared with me that he assigned you a mission as part of your unit's reserve service. The task was not to your liking and you 'ditched' him and disappeared."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-738957

Back