NEOM? New Babylon anyone?

Discussion in 'One World Government and Economics' started by athenasius, Nov 28, 2018.

1. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

This is interesting. There is a city being built at enormous cost in the desert coast of Saudi Arabia up in the left hand fork off the Red Sea as it goes up the Gulf of Aqaba. It borders with Jordan, just below where Israel and Jordan border at the northern tip of the Gulf. It's a beautiful area with beaches, mountains and it just happens to be near -- but not yet linked up to the proposed railway that will link the Gulf States, and Saudi kingdom with Jordan and Israel.

That rail system bypasses the problems of oil tankers being vulnerable to Iran if I don't miss my guess. It is called "tracks for regional peace" and it's backed by the Americans as well as the Saudi's the Jordanians, the Israelis and now Oman and the Gulf States who feel threatened by Iran.

Sheba and Dedan anyone? Even if it isn't linked to the new city, it's a pretty major step to keep Sheba and Dedan as part of the few who question the Gog Magog invasion plans of Ez 38.

And such things cause wealth corridors to happen, attracting business all along the route. If they can solve the constant threat of terrorism coming from Iran, it has a chance of creating a lot of wealth in the area, and not all for the Saudis either.

But here comes the city. It's called NEOM and it was announced about a year ago. October 2017 https://bigthink.com/design-for-goo...y-to-herald-the-future-of-human-civillization

Oddly enough when we first heard of this proposed railway. https://www.reuters.com/article/isr...ail-link-to-jordan-saudi-arabia-idUSL5N1HD3CX Also october 2017

This is a new economic centre being planned, rather like Dubai but on a bigger better scale and funded by BIN SALMAN.

It's part of his 2030 AD plan for Saudi Arabia to survive past the end of the oil economy which he thinks will happen.

Both the city and the railway a year later haven't disappeared, but money and effort are coming in to make both a success. Here are recent news articles on both. https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Katz-Great-interest-in-Israel-Saudi-railway-plan-569447 and https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/10/sau...ing-overwhelming-interest-from-investors.html and https://www.arabianbusiness.com/con...chases-deals-on-saudi-arabias-500bn-neom-city

What I'm interested in, is this economic boom that follows along such projects is going to create a wealth corridor that benefits ISRAEL, as well as all the other countries linked up along the railway or who are part of the building boom creating that new city.

This may well be a centre for world commerce being built. It's certainly the dream of Bin Salman, and if the Saudi Crown Prince survives the Khashoggi murder and the realization of his role in that, then he and his dream city and railway are poised to create a lot of wealth in the future. I think he will survive, he is the type who knows how to thrive in the middle of intrigue and murder that characterizes the Muslim Middle East, so this city is going ahead.

Whether it becomes a New Babylon by the sea is yet to be seen, but it's certainly something worth watching.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Andy C, John Romans, anath and 10 others like this.
  2. maryrae

maryrae Well-Known Member

Certainly worth watching, to see what comes of it. This world and its corrupt system is falling apart..... BUT God's plans, (whether this city may be part of them or not)..... are continuously falling into place. I am so privileged to be living through these momentous days.

Andy C, John Romans, Erin and 9 others like this.
  3. Círeth

Círeth Well-Known Member

I think that Neom will be an important city, maybe even to the point of providing a lot of capital for Babylon, but it won't be Babylon. I believe that Babylon will be Babylon. I believe that that city will be rebuilt and rebuilt with such splendour that the world will never have seen it's like. A bigger and badder Babylon. Whether it'll be rebuilt before we go or if Babylon will be rebuilt by the Anti-Christ's world goverment I don't know but I very much doubt that it's a metaphorical city of Babylon. Babylon has biblically been the enemy's city the same way that Jerusalem is the Lord's city. I believe it will be again.

With all the skill and architectural wonder of the rebuilt Babylon I have no problem believing that there will be weeping and wailing when the Lord destroys her in one hour. I believe there is a metaphorical component to Babylon, the harlot, the one world religion, that will also be destroyed.

Andy C, MePlus6, John Romans and 6 others like this.
  4. lenraff

lenraff Well-Known Member

Well said Cerith! Indeed Babylon will rise again.

Andy C, MePlus6, John Romans and 6 others like this.
  5. athenasius

I think what fascinates me the most is how fast this city is being put together. Like Dubai. In a brief time, a sudden city appears.

I think Babylon rises like Dubai or Neom or whatever other insta cities that the oil rich Arabs choose to build. There are always economic reasons to do this sort of thing. While Babylon remains an enigma, it probably won't be too long before either we see it being built on our way up, or it's built even faster than NEOM, using technology and advancements that are learnt thru Dubai and NEOM so that even if we don't see Babylon really started (and I don't count the half hearted attempts of Saddam Hussein or his successorss)-- it might not take 3.5 years to build it.

It's the speed of cities in the deserts around the area that is interesting. And the flow of money into them both in the building process but also the way Dubai became an economic center and NEOM is poised to become Dubai 2.0 as another economic zone to reckon with.

If we see the shadows of things that will happen in the Tribulation happening now, it's not very far off. And if they can build NEOM as fast as they plan, what will the next city take? Months?

And such a city, so new, so incredibly expensive because it is so quickly built, at such a cost to the investors, suddenly destroyed in a moment, by God. I can just imagine the weeping and wailing as the smoke rises. Like the tower of Babel before it. Such human cost, such wealth, such effort. GONE!

6. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

I have been reading about Neom, and found this interesting:

The city was announced by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman at the Future Investment Initiative conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on October 24, 2017. He said it will operate independently from the “existing governmental framework” with its own tax and labor laws and an "autonomous judicial system”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neom

What does MbS mean when he says: “independent from governmental framework”?

And another thing. They call it “NEOM”. A name in capitals, meaning New Future.
    All kinds of possibilties are running through my mind. But none of them positive.

And they said,
    Go to, let us build us a city and a tower....and let us make us a name (Gen. 11:4)

7. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

This is interesting news...for the last few years I wondered about Babylon, and what I began thinking was that maybe Babylon was being used to describe the totally corrupt world system..or the new global order, partly because I see the possibility of this current Pope trying to unite the churches....I sure don't know but, I can see also the possibility of Babylon being a certain city.

8. benmcd

benmcd Member

I believe Babylon must be physically rebuilt in order to fulfill prophecy. Revelation describes both the physical destruction of a specific city, and also describes the other cities of the earth being destroyed later on by the last great earthquake.

Zechariah 5:5-11 could possibly be a prophecy of the actual physical city being rebuilt.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  9. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

Yes, now I remember reading that before...a city was to be built in Shinar...and Shinar was, or was near, where the Tower of Babel was...thanks for the information, I am sometimes easily confused..at my age, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

10. athenasius

That verse is one of the very strong arguments for an actual physical Babylon being rebuilt on the very place that the tower of Babel rose, the plains of Shinar. Very specific location.

Kaatje, John Romans, Andy C and 5 others like this.
  11. benmcd

benmcd Member

Verses 1-4 of that chapter are one of the strangest prophecies in the Bible. I've never been able to figure it out.

Kaatje, athenasius and Círeth like this.
  12. athenasius

I looked it up, and yeah, I have to agree. That is one that puzzles me too. My NASB Scofield reference bible has a footnote, that the land in question isn't the whole earth but the land of Israel, and that of the 2 sins that are referenced each comes from one half of the ten commandments. Even the explanation that Scofield notes gives is cryptic.

I wonder if it's something that has to do within Israel during the Millennium. LOL that is what I do when I can't place something. Stick it in the Millennium and see if it fits.

It can't be after that time because sin is done away with after the Mill at that final judgement. So my tongue in cheek stick it in the Mill period may be as good as any way to consider it. It can't be before then because those sins are common everywhere including Israel and have been all along. The Tribulation period won't fit because again, those sins will be prevalent.

The only time where sins like these might receive an immediate punishment like that would be when Messiah rules from Jerusalem. at least that is as far as I can see.

Theologians in the room???? thoughts????

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM
    Círeth and cchomeschoolmom like this.
  13. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Presently the tallest building in the world is in Dubai. Saudi Arabia's new building in Jeddah will set a new world's record. It will be finished by 2020.

I too believe Mystery Babylon will be the old Babylon city rebuilt.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 8:36 PM
    Círeth, athenasius, benmcd and 2 others like this.