Need to know what others did with their 16 cents

heisable2

I heard that the President reported a bonus or savings of some sort in honor of Independence Day.
Before discovering the exact amount, I got overly excited and searched the Lamborghini website for their latest models. I also called some travel agencies now that Caribbean cruises have been resumed.
When I learned that the President was saying that this year's Fourth of July celebration would cost sixteen cents less than last year, I called a friend to find out how he had used his windfall. He ate at Waffle House where he bought two extra packs of sugar for his to-go coffee.
I have just finished scooping a finger tip of caulk from its jar and filled in a nail hole in a bedroom wall. Hopefully next Independence Day I will be blessed enough to paint over the caulk.
I am neither an expert repairman nor an investment analyst, so I would like to hear from those of you who surely did better. Did anybody think to search for magic beans?
$0.16 is nothing. I just read that social security is going to increase by 1.3%. That equates to about $20 a month. Yippee. I guess I'll hold my breath on this one until I actually see the raise.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
$0.16 is nothing. I just read that social security is going to increase by 1.3%. That equates to about $20 a month. Yippee. I guess I'll hold my breath on this one until I actually see the raise.

Nothing like keeping up with inflation. I guess when you've already changed the Federal inflation calculations a b'jillion times so the numbers point lower than the reality... you finally just ignore the numbers when they're high and toss a few pennies to social security recipients.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
If 100,000,000 people each put $0.16 in the Salvation Army's kettles, that would be $16,000,000.00 :smile

. . . crowdfunding :lol