Need some guidance...advice

my2babysmama

This might be a long post, so be prepared. I just need some guidance from someone who is smarter than me. I put it in the apostasy section because it seems to fit here. However, mods, move it if necessary.

I have been studying prophecy now for eleven years. During these eleven years I have had an increasing interest in God's Word and I have learned so much.

Also during these past eleven years I have made a friend who has become my homeschooling mentor and her husband has become like my spiritual big brother. He teaches my Sunday School class and I have known them to be strong Christians. I meet with her once a month (if we're lucky) and we discuss everything under the sun. She has encouraged me in the Lord more times than I can count.

Since the election she has spent a lot of time investigating a lot of the theories that are floating out there. She reads a lot of the things that QAnon puts out, and during the past year she has told me some of the theories that are floating out there. She believes that the Democrats are running scared and that there will come a reckoning. I put some stock in it right after the election because I so much wanted to believe that things were going to turn around. But so many of the things that I read and that she said have not come true. However, even yesterday she told me that it's just because the Democrats are being given enough rope to hang themselves. She believes that God is going to turn this country around and justice will be served. I do not see it happening, but it is one of those things where we just agree to disagree.

But yesterday she said something that brought a lot of questions to my mind. She said that there are tunnels underneath the ground and the ocean covering most of Europe and stretching to the United States. OK, that is something that I could believe. But she said that hidden in those tunnels could be undiscovered manuscripts of the Bible - stuff that we have never seen before - basically saying that the Bible that we have now is incomplete. If that's the case, then the way that we interpret the Bible, especially prophecy, could be wrong if we don't have the complete picture of God's Word.

But immediately red flags went up all over the place. I can't believe that God would have allowed the church to grow up for two thousand years without an accurate picture of His Word. I questioned her by saying that if that's true then everything we believe is thrown into doubt, even salvation. But she said it doesn't. Something is fundamentally wrong with this theory. She says that she has gotten closer to the Lord through studying all of this stuff, and I have absolutely no doubt that she is a Christian.

But this can't be true. She told me that God is still working in the world, which is true, but I got the feeling that she believes that we could either be at the start of the tribulation now or that things will turn around in the world. In my spirit I feel a check, but how can two people who search after the truth of God's Word and try to follow the Holy Spirit come up with completely opposite understandings?

It is possible that God's Word is incomplete? Have we completely misunderstood the interpretation of end times prophecy? Do the signs that are all around us not mean what we think they do? Are we really that generation?

I hope that my question makes sense, and that someone can help me. This is another one of those questions that makes me want to once again solidify what I believe. Thank you

Amethyst

Angie ... †
But immediately red flags went up all over the place.
Good. :thumbup

She sounds like a very immature baby Christian, to be honest.

The last book the of the Bible put a stamp on all we need to know spiritually until the end of this current world.

Idk about tunnels, but there's something in man's fallen nature that loves to think they know some secret knowledge that others don't know about. In this case, missing biblical texts that could "unlock" many keys.

She would grow much closer to the Lord by focusing on what scriptures He has given us to grow in than on what she thinks is missing. :nod

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
She believes that God is going to turn this country around and justice will be served. I do not see it happening, but it is one of those things where we just agree to disagree.

Justice will come in the end, but not right now. The world will have to endure Tribulation first, and then it'll be a while until the great white throne judgment.

I don't think the demonrats are running scared. That's nothing more than wishful thinking.

But immediately red flags went up all over the place.

As they should.

It is possible that God's Word is incomplete? Have we completely misunderstood the interpretation of end times prophecy? Do the signs that are all around us not mean what we think they do? Are we really that generation?

God's Word is complete. It is perfect in every way.

Your friend is spending too much time enjoying false narratives and not enough time in the Word. Conspiracy sites by the thousands attract some people like bears to honey. The devil is leading them down a wrong path. There are many wrong paths, and only one straight and narrow path. Keep your nose in the Word and your mind bathed in prayer and doubts won't find room to enter your mind.

I'm not smarter than you, probably not as smart as you, but hope I've written something that will help.

Dave

I personally believe that God made sure everything we needed to know was put into the Bible when it was first assembled. Books that were left out were left out for a reason and we should not put stock in them. To think that the Bible is incomplete sounds like Satan trying to twist things and he is the Father of Lies.

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans
The Bible is complete. It can be interesting and fun to take a look at the theories about tunnels and secret moles inside the Oval Office and such, but I believe most of them turn out to be false, or at least incomplete.

I’ve been around a lot of people the last couple of years who say the same types of things that your friend does. For a moment, I think that I got caught up in some of what they would say. What I’ve noticed about them is that they believe life is some sort of movie where the good guys always win. Now, certainly God wins in the end, but we all know that the earth is going to suffer a lot of losses before that happens. There is no man or government entity that we can trust to end any of what’s going on.

After all the junk I’ve read over the last couple of years that turned out to be not true, I came to the conclusion that I cant trust a single thing outside of God’s word. Just my two cents.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
But she said that hidden in those tunnels could be undiscovered manuscripts of the Bible - stuff that we have never seen before

Well, that idea is what started the Mormonism cult.

She says that she has gotten closer to the Lord through studying all of this stuff, and I have absolutely no doubt that she is a Christian.

I would ask her if she's spending more time reading the bible or reading this supposed 'in the know' qanon?

I testify to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this prophetic book, God will take away his share of the tree of life and the holy city, written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19

I believe that part of why God says not to do this is for the preservation of His truth and to keep from the very confusion you are observing in your friend and it sounds like wrestling with yourself. This is so hard to see someone you look up to deviate from God's word. :hug

Qanon I believe is a deceptive spirit that Paul is talking to Timothy about:

Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. 1 Tim 4:1

Because they are persuasive, smooth tonged and telling people what their itching ears want to hear they can easily deceive. Your friend may not be coming to terms with what's happening in our country and instead choosing to listen to that which she wants to hear......along with all kinds of false teachings thrown in there.

It would be good for you to become more solidified in biblical doctrine yourself, seeking to understand more clearly what the bible says. Pray for your friend (the Holy Spirit can work where we cannot always) and pray for yourself that God would open your mind in better understanding to His Word on the subject of the Rapture, theology and also the consistency of who God is in terms of His character. Through doing this you will anchor yourself to the truth and be able to answer your friend more persuasively and biblically.

Below is a link to article about the Rapture, End Times and also a thread warning about Qanon:

https://www.raptureforums.com/category/rapture/

https://www.raptureforums.com/category/end-times/

https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...awakening-and-hysteria.164663/#post-843134353

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
@my2babysmama ... you've just learned that --whether the best of friends or trusted Bible teachers-- anybody can be led astray (and lead others astray) once they start reading and believing sources other than the Word of God. Our Bible is the totality of God's Word to humankind. It is not flawed, nor incomplete, nor in need of revision. Questioning it --or rather, getting people to question it-- was Satan's first ploy (Genesis 3:1-4).

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
but there's something in man's fallen nature that loves to think they know some secret knowledge that others don't know about.
Yes, it is called Gnosticism. It has been around forever. Many cults are built on it's foundations. Free masons, Jahovah's witness, Mormonism, Qanon, just to name a few.

Certain personality types are very attracted to this satanic bait of "secret/hidden knowledge." I got sucked into it for a while. It is not the way.

@my2babysmama, the canon of scripture is complete. The red flags you are sensing is the Holy Spirit warning you.

If "additional books of the Bible" were scripture then so is the Koran and the Book of Mormon (angels supposedly revealed these to "the prophets"). I am sure your friend does not believe this?

When we take our complete and total focus off of Jesus Christ, we are heading down the wrong path.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Ah, I almost forgot, NAR or New Apostolic Reformation, is also another foundation of Qanon. It's followers think we need to "rise up and change the world" or "take back the world for Jesus," etc. This is a satanic lie. Jesus legally took back the world after He completed His work on the cross. He just has not enforced His rule yet.

He will one day make it ultimately final but this has nothing to do with us. We will be outta here! :rapture

Nowhere in scripture do we see Christians in the early church rising up to take back society from the Romans. Nowhere in scripture is Christianity and/or morality being legislated. In fact, when Emperor Constantine legislated Christianity as the "state religion" (edict of Milan) this is when our faith was greatly polluted and distorted by Roman paganism/polytheism/legalism (and gnosticism). Enter Catholicism.

Jesus does not need any help from us to reform this broken world. His work was finished entirely on the cross when he stated "it is finished!"

We are called to do good works, but these works should not take the focus off of Christ and definitely not be "enforced" on a sinful and dying world, destined for judgement. The world won't change until Christ returns. Period.

Sorry if I went off on a bit of a tangent-- as someone that has gone through a lot of "the work" being led astray by this stuff, I feel called to shed light on it and hopefully help others.

Reason & Hope

Having explored a few rabbit holes, I understand how step by step one can be led farther and farther away from the truth. When we add in our desires -- in this case to have a functioning, righteous country -- it can get even easier to wander away from reality and Scripture. Now add in certain actors such as Q who seemed to be on our side but perhaps really was telling people to "hold on" and "wait" for the white hats to act and thus stopped people from acting; as well as others who purposefully confuse, and you have a big, confusing mess.

This is why God gives us the gift of discernment and His Word.

"Teach me good discernment and knowledge, for I believe in Your commandments." Psalm 119:66

"And this I pray, that your life may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment." Phil 1:9

Man's predictions will fail, including Q's. But God has told us what will happen and His Word does not fail.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Thank you for all your replies. Hearing the truth again from people I trust helps me to put my focus back where it belongs. Sometimes what I know just needs reinforcement from others outside of myself. It's so easy to get caught up in my own head.

That's why the body of Christ needs one another, to strengthen, encourage, gently hold accountable, remind, love, etc.

Crow Underhill

Everyone has given you very sound advice so I really do not have anything to add. For sure there are many mysteries in this world but to speculate and/or divert your attention from God or his word is very risky. My uncle, who devoted his life to Christ, Baptist preacher, once told me when I was in my early teens, "If you want to know the truth, read and study your Bible." You cannot go wrong with that.

Kerbluey

Ah, I almost forgot, NAR or New Apostolic Reformation, is also another foundation of Qanon. It's followers think we need to "rise up and change the world" or "take back the world for Jesus," etc. This is a satanic lie. Jesus legally took back the world after He completed His work on the cross. He just has not enforced His rule yet.

He will one day make it ultimately final but this has nothing to do with us. We will be outta here! :rapture

Nowhere in scripture do we see Christians in the early church rising up to take back society from the Romans. Nowhere in scripture is Christianity and/or morality being legislated. In fact, when Emperor Constantine legislated Christianity as the "state religion" (edict of Milan) this is when our faith was greatly polluted and distorted by Roman paganism/polytheism/legalism (and gnosticism). Enter Catholicism.

Jesus does not need any help from us to reform this broken world. His work was finished entirely on the cross when he stated "it is finished!"

We are called to do good works, but these works should not take the focus off of Christ and definitely not be "enforced" on a sinful and dying world, destined for judgement. The world won't change until Christ returns. Period.

Sorry if I went off on a bit of a tangent-- as someone that has gone through a lot of "the work" being led astray by this stuff, I feel called to shed light on it and hopefully help others.

That‘s interesting. I didn’t know this about Qanon, not that I know much about Q anyway. I’m noticing some of this on Gab. Maybe I’m misinterpreting it.