Need Book Recommendation

jots

Hi everyone, I would like to purchase a good book on people and places in the Bible. I listened to a discussion yesterday about the canaanites and realized I had very little understanding about the background of them. So I have searched the internet for a resource of people, places, and their backgrounds in the Bible for use as a reference and to help me gain more understanding.

I want to ask here for a recommendation because my beliefs align with the majority on this site, so I trust your opinions here over the ones found on the internet reviews. By the way, I have formed my opinion of the majority on this site concerning my beliefs by following along and reading this forum for quiet a few years. Sorry I haven't participated in any discussions but now that I am retired hopefully I can jump in here and there haha.

Thank you all for any help!

mattfivefour

Welcome to RF, jots! Glad you decided to come on in and join the family rather than just peering through the windows.

A good basic (yet comprehensive) Bible encyclopedia is Nelson's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Bible Facts. I think you can buy it through Amazon for less than 30 bucks.

antitox

Welcome to RF, jots! Glad you decided to come on in and join the family rather than just peering through the windows.

A good basic (yet comprehensive) Bible encyclopedia is Nelson's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Bible Facts. I think you can buy it through Amazon for less than 30 bucks.

That's similar to what I was going to say. Mine is the Zondervan Pictorial Bible Dictionary. I love it. Has old photos from the 60s. So I have pics of the unchanged land prior to today. Remarkable.

Back