Need a cordless brad nailer

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I need a brad nailer and I am looking ta quite a few , does anyone own a Rigid? I have a couple power tools made by them that are very tough along with Dewalt and others but I am thinking of getting the Rigid brushless Hyperdrive 18 gauge it has 18volt power supply, I already have 18V Rigid drill so I can use same battery and charger. Already have two chargers on my shop bench and really don't want another charger on there. Anyone happen to have this model of rigid nailer? I've read many reviews online, some good some not, I just need it to perform around the house, not on construction sites 8-10 hrs a day, I have read reviews of contractors using them every day though and they keep going, for $200 it seems like it will do what I need it too, any feed back is welcome, let er rip !

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't have any Rigid tools but I think you're wise to get the brand you already have batteries and charger for. Years ago I went with Ryobi when they came out with a unified battery for all of their battery operated tools. Now, if I want a new battery powered tool, I pretty much only look to see what Ryobi has.

sawas

LOL, I went with Craftsman, 'cause Sears will always be there. I'd guess the Craftsman trademark will have some value in the end...

sawas

Sears seems to be disappearing. Eddie Lambert squeezed Sears for all he could get out of it...
LOL, well, I sort of meant that the trademark would have some value in the inevitable bankruptcy sale, but I just remembered they were already sold off (to Stanley Black & Decker), so I expect they'll keep it alive.

chaser

Bought the Rigid 18v 18 ga. and worked with it a few days during the week, works great but is a little heavy and gets tiresome working it overhead, the air compressor type may be lighter weight. It will be perfect for what I need to get done and runs off my Rigid drill battery.

chaser

Been doing some remodel work in our living room, been using the Ridgid brad nailer quite a bit, have run about 400 brads so far and I really like it, although it is a little heavy but others I looked at weighed more and the price this Ridgid was good.

chaser

So, you're using a semi-heavy nailer over your head, huh?
I bet your back just loves that, Al!
I had to take a few breaks, it only weighs 5.5 lbs but after 5 minutes that gravity thing kicks in, Rebuilt the book cases on each side of fireplace, hardest part was on step ladder, right side is complete, left side will be complete when we get nicer weather, have a window AC unit previous owner set into the wall, have to hire someone to put up scaffold to patch the hole and put some siding on, then I can finish the case and install the rest of the repurposed rustic barn wood, so pretty much done for now. Back is sore from taking more staples and nails out of the flooring, just when I think I have them all out, I find more, I am resting the next couple days.