NBC News: “Heterosexuality Is Just Not Working’

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Isn't refraining from homosexuality trying to earn God's favor?

I mean if someone were to have a sinful thought or any kind and they cast that imagination down (2 Corinthians 10:3-6 ), how is that not works?

What about fighting the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12), and what about in Jude 1:3 telling us that we should earnestly contend for the faith... that's something we are told to do, so isn't this works based salvation?
No it isnt.
None of those verses has anything to do with getting saved.
After one becomes a new creature in Christ they have a different perspective on things.
You do "good works" because you have been saved , not to get saved.
Nothing (works) can be added to the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross.
His death , burial, and resurrection is sufficient for salvation.
You are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Some seem to think anything we do is trying to earn our own righteousness

So, if after getting saved one refuses to walk with the Lord... you're thinking they still go to Heaven?

It sounds like some think if they walk after the flesh they will still go to Heaven which is turning the grace of our Lord in to lasciviousness

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is that false grace message going around... like Joseph Prince and Joel Osteen teaches among others.
Well the only righteousness that we have is imputed by Christ after receiving Him as Lord and Saviour.

As far as your second question my answer is yes.
If one is truly saved they are always saved.
One cannot unsaved themselves in regards to sins or degrees of sin.
It took me ten years after receiving Christ before I started to learn and apply His Word.
I was deep in sin . But God never left me nor forsake me.
Even in my deep state of sin He still loved me like a Father does his child.
My life changed dramatically (to say the least) due to my salvation.
It just took me a little longer.
But , yes , once saved always saved.

Let us not get legalistic and wrap fetters around ourselves.
Christ came to seek and save that which was lost (us).
He removes the shackles of sin and sets us to liberty.
Our "righteousness" is but filthy rags before the Lord.
We our justified through Jesus Christ , not our works.
Albeit if one is truly saved there will be some good fruit to come about.
Good works come after salvation NOT for salvation.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Well the only righteousness that we have is imputed by Christ after receiving Him as Lord and Saviour.

As far as your second question my answer is yes.
If one is truly saved they are always saved.
One cannot unsaved themselves in regards to sins or degrees of sin.
It took me ten years after receiving Christ before I started to learn and apply His Word.
I was deep in sin . But God never left me nor forsake me.
Even in my deep state of sin He still loved me like a Father does his child.
My life changed dramatically (to say the least) due to my salvation.
It just took me a little longer.
But , yes , once saved always saved.

Let us not get legalistic and wrap fetters around ourselves.
Christ came to seek and save that which was lost (us).
He removes the shackles of sin and sets us to liberty.
Our "righteousness" is but filthy rags before the Lord.
We our justified through Jesus Christ , not our works.
Albeit if one is truly saved there will be some good fruit to come about.
Good works come after salvation NOT for salvation.
AMEN!!!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I'm going to jump in here. Respectfully, James, those verses you wow above have nothing to do with earning or keeping salvation; they have EVERYTHING to do with the response of a grateful heart. You ask:
So, if after getting saved one refuses to walk with the Lord... you're thinking they still go to Heaven?
That is a lot like asking, "So you think a pregnant man will give birth to a child?" The answer is "No, because a man cannot get pregnant, let alone produce a child." In the same way, a saved person will not --and cannot-- refuse to walk with the Lord. So asking whether such a person will go to Heaven is as nonsensical as asking if a man will produce a child. Both are impossible: a man who is pregnant and a saved person who absolutely refuses to follow the Lord. What you are forgetting is that when a person is born again, they are no longer who they were. They are no longer inhabitants of the domain of darkness; they are no longer who they were. They are brand new creations, indwelt by God Himself. Such a one may indeed struggle with the old nature, but his new nature will not allow him or her to continue willfully in the old ways, disobedient to God. And the Holy Spirit who has sealed such a one will not let them go without correction, for everyone God accepts He corrects.

I closed the other thread in which you argued against OSAS, because it violated board rules. Please do not continue trying an end run around our rules. If you really feel strongly about this topic and are not willing to take the time to read the many scholarly articles we have on this subject on the main site (or you have read them and still have questions), then report this post and I will open a private channel and discuss this topic with you privately, brother to brother.

SonSeeker

If you really feel strongly about this topic and are not willing to take the time to read the many scholarly articles we have on this subject on the main site (or you have read them and still have questions), then report this post and I will open a private channel and discuss this topic with you privately, brother to brother.
James,
mattfivefour is an Administrator here, working for the good of all of us. Meaning he doesn't get paid to do this. His offer of a one-to-one with you is meant only as a way of teaching you things he believes you need to learn. His generous offer would be well worth your time.

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
James,
mattfivefour is an Administrator here, working for the good of all of us. Meaning he doesn't get paid to do this. His offer of a one-to-one with you is meant only as a way of teaching you things he believes you need to learn. His generous offer would be well worth your time.
James, our administrator mattfivefour would be so glad to help clear up Bible issues that you don't understand with scriptures. Please let him help!:bighug

Scilent

How is heterosexuality not working? All the parts seem to fit and all of us are the results. If they truly want to eliminate heterosexuality then that will also serve a dual purpose with the rapid decline in humans. The few men that would donate sperm will hardly suffice to sustain civilization.

Hopefully, the church will be long gone before the crazy train completely derails.
It hasn't already derailed? Could have fooled me!

antitox

What is happening is mankind is denying his God-given makeup and inserting his own perspective and substitution. This is tantamount to a complete rejection of divine ordinance. That's why Romans says that "their foolish hearts were darkened." Personally, I believe that this is evidence of how quickly the world is picking up speed and heading to the end. Why? Because it's happening in the USA. In order for the world to coalesce, America must diminish, and it's happening from within. I hope/pray we will have some more years to go first. It was my prayer up until Trump won in 2016. God answered my prayer. I'm still praying.

Sowen

God help this woman and all like her.

That being said, this is a great testament to God's love because His gift of salvation extends even to those who rail against His ordained order.

It's also a testament to God's patience because He could easily and instantly give them their just wages for their sin by striking them dead on the spot which would seal them in their condemned state forever, but He's patient not wishing any to perish but all come to repentance.

antitox

Your point well-taken GotGrace. Mankind is reaching the point where he outright denies the makeup of his own species. It really is denying God. On the loony side: they deny the obvious. It is apparent there's a man and a woman, clearly seen, that they are by design made for each other - then to deny everything about them and declare their existence as oppressive in some way should prescribe those folks to the mental ward. This talk is SO unhinged, so mindless, that it is amazing that these people even have a job.