NBC News: “Heterosexuality Is Just Not Working’

Hidden

What it is is a battle of reality. Unbelievers mock the design of the Creator and insists on their own version of reality where everything goes. We're almost already on the same level as Noah's days when every inclination of man's heart is just evil.

Kerbluey

I'm on the worship team at large church comprised mostly of early-20's to mid-30's and have had several conversations with some of the young guys about the bilge that is "toxic masculinity". Between this pile of horse hockey and all the TV commercials and other media depicting men, especially dads, as idiots, young guys are getting very mixed messages. Add to the mix the high divorce rate resulting in fewer and fewer male role models and you end up with a very confused male popultion. On the other hand, I've had several converstions with some women than are quite frustrated at the lack of maculine men as most are trying to find the impossible balance. What a mess!!!!! I watch TV commercials in which dads are wearing makeup, dressed like fairies, wearing womem's clothing, or simply being made to look like bafoons. And it's not an accident. As an example, Gillette launched those ridiculous TV commercials last year. And can you think of one TV commercial in which men and/or dads are made to look strong and confident? Yeh, me either.

One Sunday morning, I greeted and shook hands with one particular 20-something and it was weak at best. He actually asked me why my handshake was so strong that led to a fairly lengthy discussion on the subtle and not so subtle messaging sent between men when they shake hands. He had never heard that before. Since then, we've had a couple of discussions and I essentially told him to stop being afraid to be a man. God created us to masculine, strong, leaders to love, cherish, protect, and care for women. He hadn't heard that either. I'm seriously tempted to speak with the pastor about getting a group of us older men together and mentor these young guys and man them up some because they've obviously not learned it and societal norms are acting to erode masculinity further. Radical feminism is satanic and relentlessly spewed by his enablers in the media and entertainment.

If you're a older man here on these forums and know a younger man who's struggling in this regard, do him a huge favor and broach the subject and talk it out. Chances are that young man has not only been taught how to be a real man but simultaneously being brainwashed by all the toxic mascilinity bilge.

You know, as I was reading your comments I was thinking you should start a group for these young men.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I essentially told him to stop being afraid to be a man. God created us to masculine, strong, leaders to love, cherish, protect, and care for women.

Fabulous message for him and other guys to hear!!!! Good for you!

I'm seriously tempted to speak with the pastor about getting a group of us older men together and mentor these young guys and man them up some because they've obviously not learned it and societal norms are acting to erode masculinity further.

I think you've got a great idea there! Guys really need other mature men in Christ as mentors and examples. I think that's why there's some struggles with men and being ok with being a man.....too many have not had that mentor in their lives.

I have observed men just flourish and grow in that kind of environment, becoming confident in Christ and in being a man of God in Christ because of this very type of mentoring you are thinking about and I've been so pleased and happy for them. Just thought I'd share to let you know that yes, this is something that is very successful in helping young men grow. :nod

Endangered

God created man and woman with brains wired differently. A husband and wife may see things differently but if they respect each other and make decisions jointly I believe their differing viewpoints may result in more correct decisions.
What is definitely not working:
radical feminism, homosexuality and transgenderism.

dave-o

The same things that have attracted women to men really haven't changed in, well, forever. About the only real modern change is that in our western culture freedom of choice for women has increased.

Unfortunately narcissism has recently become epidemic and two narcissists never make a good match!

Edit: Actually one narcissist doesn't make a very good match for anyone either

Last edited:

TeeTee

Please do start a class just for men teaching basic christian men principles and guy stuff. Society today is not teaching men properly. Too much negativity and toxic teaching. Alot of men get saved, and leave the old man behind and become new man. But this is not enough. There is considerable more work to be done. Also this should open up dialoge and questions about other men issues that can be reinforced. I saw this at the inner city church that I worked in for 2 years. 70% of congregation were women. The mens ministries/deacons/elders were overtaxed. I worked in the children ministry and boys were often taken aside as a group by several deacons or elders to address any issues or situations or mentoring that was needed. The men being avaliable and visiable was an important role model for the kids to see.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Please do start a class just for men teaching basic christian men principles and guy stuff. Society today is not teaching men properly. Too much negativity and toxic teaching. Alot of men get saved, and leave the old man behind and become new man. But this is not enough. There is considerable more work to be done. Also this should open up dialoge and questions about other men issues that can be reinforced. I saw this at the inner city church that I worked in for 2 years. 70% of congregation were women. The mens ministries/deacons/elders were overtaxed. I worked in the children ministry and boys were often taken aside as a group by several deacons or elders to address any issues or situations or mentoring that was needed. The men being avaliable and visiable was an important role model for the kids to see.
Amen.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
A lot has been said about teaching men to be men. How about teaching women to be women??!!!
I get so angry with my fellow women, who I blame for a lot of the problems in this nation. They are taught to be in completion with men, to try to rule, to belittle everything masculine,etc.
Women are a problem.

ItIsFinished!

A lot has been said about teaching men to be men. How about teaching women to be women??!!!
I get so angry with my fellow women, who I blame for a lot of the problems in this nation. They are taught to be in completion with men, to try to rule, to belittle everything masculine,etc.
Women are a problem.
This is something you definitely don't hear.
I understand your point and agree.

Andy C

Women are a problem.
My wife always says Im the problem, but I agree with you.

Good post, and your perspective is not one talked about in the mainstream media.

Released

We are living at the time the Bible describes as an incredible increase of the 'mystery of iniquity.' The media, feminism and atheistic opponents of God are out in full force, only to embrace the Antichrist when he appears. Of course they hate men, or anyone who stands for Christ these days. NBC was testing the waters when they decided to break this, to see it met with widespread approval. So things will intensify.

ItIsFinished!

We are living at the time the Bible describes as an incredible increase of the 'mystery of iniquity.' The media, feminism and atheistic opponents of God are out in full force, only to embrace the Antichrist when he appears. Of course they hate men, or anyone who stands for Christ these days. NBC was testing the waters when they decided to break this, to see it met with widespread approval. So things will intensify.
Right.
Satan has but a short time.
Therefore preparations will be made rapidly for the AC to come on the seen and pull the wool over the eyes of the lost.
It has been going on since the beginning (rebellion in Heaven) but the last few years I noticed it has rapidly increased.
Mainly through liberalism and homosexuality.
And of course the swift advancement in technology.
Even the future implementation of "the mark" has taken huge steps.
Surely it cannot be long for our (those in Christ) departure.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
Women are a problem.
Definitely agree. Especially to other women who they are damaging deeply with this ideology. I am not a man but I was brought up to try and be one and this has hurt me deeply.

I've only been realising how deeply in the last couple of years.

TeeTee

I have tried to discuss this with other women. The backlash is the same: abortion, reproductive rights, inequality, discrimination. The list goes on. Both sides have behaved badly. It is a huge deception on both parties. Only Jesus can save, heal and restore that balence of each of the 2 genders and there respective roles.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I have tried to discuss this with other women. The backlash is the same: abortion, reproductive rights, inequality, discrimination. The list goes on. Both sides have behaved badly. It is a huge deception on both parties. Only Jesus can save, heal and restore that balence of each of the 2 genders and there respective roles.
Murder is not a right.