NBC News: “Heterosexuality Is Just Not Working’

dave-o

"Men need heterosexuality to maintain their societal dominance over women,” writes Marcie Bianco for the NBC News website. “Women, on the other hand, are increasingly realizing not only that they don’t need heterosexuality, but that it also is often the bedrock of their global oppression."

That a radical feminist might actually believe this silly nonsense is not surprising, but that NBC News would repeat her delusional rant even as an OP-ED piece frankly shocked me. But then I visited the NBC website to confirm this story and quickly realized that it fits quite well with their radical-left narrative. The hardcore leftist media is working at a feverish pace to drive as many wedges between people groups as they can while hypocritically whining about how bad division is!

Andy C

How is heterosexuality not working? All the parts seem to fit and all of us are the results. If they truly want to eliminate heterosexuality then that will also serve a dual purpose with the rapid decline in humans. The few men that would donate sperm will hardly suffice to sustain civilization.

Hopefully, the church will be long gone before the crazy train completely derails.

DanLMP

The existence of 7 billion plus people in the world would argue against that idea.

The hardcore leftist media is working at a feverish pace to drive as many wedges between people groups as they can while hypocritically whining about how bad division is!
Here we have another example of mankind seeing a problem and undertaking, on their own wisdom, an effort to solve it.

I would suggest that the logic of their efforts are so comically flawed that it seems that the ultimate goal IS the division, hiding behind the altruism of making everyone equal.

Without division there can be no rivalries or wars and God's enemy needs those rivalries and wars. He'll make no headway if we are all placid and happy with each other.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Quite frankly, it is because of many good men (and women) in my life I have been greatly protected and blessed. I thank God for the men in my life. They are valuable and very important.

And I thank God for the wonderful women in my life as well.

The problems in this world is not gender related. It's sin related. Christ is the answer.

Endangered

So being hetero is not working. Since the beginning of Man the nuclear family has provided society with survival. One man and one woman have kids. And raise them and care for them and the kids continue doing what worked for them in the next generation.
Question: How does this fem propose that we repopulate?
It is ridiculous a major tv network runs manure like this as serious reporting.

dave-o

So being hetero is not working. Since the beginning of Man the nuclear family has provided society with survival. One man and one woman have kids. And raise them and care for them and the kids continue doing what worked for them in the next generation.
Question: How does this fem propose that we repopulate?
It is ridiculous a major tv network runs manure like this as serious reporting.
To be fair it wasn't on TV. It is an OP-ED piece on their website.

athenasius

Did anyone laugh out loud when they saw that quote from NBC? heterosexuality is just not working????

for WHOM is it "not working"? And might they have more than a few OTHER problems if they think it's not working. After all, who hatched her? And if it's so problematic, how did any of us get here?

if she decides to end her genes by not reproducing, I'm fine. I can live with that. Along with everyone else who doesn't care for the system of reproduction that God designed. They can opt out, their potential babies won't be born, while my grandkids and others like mine, will reproduce just fine and take her place should the Lord tarry.

Works for ME!!!!

vbf

I'm on the worship team at large church comprised mostly of early-20's to mid-30's and have had several conversations with some of the young guys about the bilge that is "toxic masculinity". Between this pile of horse hockey and all the TV commercials and other media depicting men, especially dads, as idiots, young guys are getting very mixed messages. Add to the mix the high divorce rate resulting in fewer and fewer male role models and you end up with a very confused male popultion. On the other hand, I've had several converstions with some women that are quite frustrated at the lack of maculine men as most are trying to find the impossible balance. What a mess!!!!! I watch TV commercials in which dads are wearing makeup, dressed like fairies, wearing womem's clothing, or simply being made to look like bafoons. And it's not an accident. As an example, Gillette launched those ridiculous TV commercials last year. And can you think of one TV commercial in which men and/or dads are made to look strong and confident? Yeh, me either.

One Sunday morning, I greeted and shook hands with one particular 20-something and it was weak at best. He actually asked me why my handshake was so strong that led to a fairly lengthy discussion on the subtle and not so subtle messaging sent between men when they shake hands. He had never heard that before. Since then, we've had a couple of discussions and I essentially told him to stop being afraid to be a man. God created us to masculine, strong, leaders to love, cherish, protect, and care for women. He hadn't heard that either. I'm seriously tempted to speak with the pastor about getting a group of us older men together and mentor these young guys and man them up some because they've obviously not learned it and societal norms are acting to erode masculinity further. Radical feminism is satanic and relentlessly spewed by his enablers in the media and entertainment.

If you're a older man here on these forums and know a younger man who's struggling in this regard, do him a huge favor and broach the subject and talk it out. Chances are that young man has not only been taught how to be a real man but simultaneously being brainwashed by all the toxic mascilinity bilge.

Last edited:

DanLMP

And can you think of one TV commercial in which men and/or dads are made to look strong and confident? Yeh, me either.
Actually, truck ads. But they are allowed to do it there because the target market is men.

The overall messaging is anti-male however. Long gone are Ward Clever, Jim Anderson, Ozzie Nelson, James Hardy, etc.

Today's sitcom man struggles with his masculinity while sitcom woman berates him for acting male, yet sometimes wants him to be strong. Try and figure out when.

Andy C

Actually, truck ads. But they are allowed to do it there because the target market is men.

The overall messaging is anti-male however. Long gone are Ward Clever, Jim Anderson, Ozzie Nelson, James Hardy, etc.

Today's sitcom man struggles with his masculinity while sitcom woman berates him for acting male, yet sometimes wants him to be strong. Try and figure out when.
Sadly, with the way the world is moving, Sam Elliott doing the Ram Truck adds will be replaced by Pee Wee Herman.

GotGrace

"Men need heterosexuality to maintain their societal dominance over women,” writes Marcie Bianco for the NBC News website. “Women, on the other hand, are increasingly realizing not only that they don’t need heterosexuality, but that it also is often the bedrock of their global oppression."

That a radical feminist might actually believe this silly nonsense is not surprising, but that NBC News would repeat her delusional rant even as an OP-ED piece frankly shocked me. But then I visited the NBC website to confirm this story and quickly realized that it fits quite well with their radical-left narrative. The hardcore leftist media is working at a feverish pace to drive as many wedges between people groups as they can while hypocritically whining about how bad division is!
It’s all about destroying the God-ordained nuclear family. If you can attack and remove the leader of the family then you are on your way to destroying the rest. The men are charged with being the spiritual leaders, providers and protectors.

I looked the little lady up on Twitter. It says she is atheist and has a hash tag of qualified lesbian whatever that means. There were other descriptions such as feminist, writer and cultural critic.

She appears to be a very messed up young person and on her way to hell by her own choice. Read Romans 1 starting at verse 18. That which is known about God is made evident within them for God made it evident to them. You make a choice to say you’re atheist - a very bad one.

The news organization tries to be subtle in their
reporting but they are not fooling the born again Christian with their nonsense.