NBA Playoffs.

Andy C

Sorry Adrian, but it would be a miracle if Toronto can beat Golden State Warriors. But, I hardly watch the NBA anymore, so if its not the Lakers, I dont really care.

For the record, I cant stand anything from the SF bay area, so I will root for Toronto.

SonSeeker

Sorry Adrian, but it would be a miracle if Toronto can beat Golden State Warriors. But, I hardly watch the NBA anymore, so if its not the Lakers, I dont really care.

For the record, I cant stand anything from the SF bay area, so I will root for Toronto.
Yeah, that's a real head scratch.:scratch Back in the day, there were all kinds of great things about The City. But, that's all in the rear view mirror. Today, probably the best thing is seeing the entire Bay Area in your rear view mirror, hammer down!:thumbup

Andy C

I have not really followed the NBA for several years. So I went back and looked at the leagues stats, and this is not the same Warriors team as the last few years, especially with one of their top players injured. Toronto had a better record during the season, so go Toronto - but still, not a fan of the new and worse version of the NBA I grew up with.

Sports dominated my life for decades. But, one day I made a decision for Him and that changed my life forever, and sports suddenly did not seem so important.

Jonathan

The NBA got a lot better when widescreen televisions came out.

Also, to quote one of my favorite comedians, Norm MacDonald, "The next time I watch the WNBA... it will the FIRST time I watch the WNBA."

(Admit it. It's funny).

Goodboy

I have not really followed the NBA for several years. So I went back and looked at the leagues stats, and this is not the same Warriors team as the last few years, especially with one of their top players injured. Toronto had a better record during the season, so go Toronto - but still, not a fan of the new and worse version of the NBA I grew up with.

Sports dominated my life for decades. But, one day I made a decision for Him and that changed my life forever, and sports suddenly did not seem so important.
Good for you Andy!!! :)

Television use to dominate my time at one point. I always had to have a TV guide (shows my age) to make sure I did not miss anything. One day I realized that TV was dominating my life. I could be having a great time with my friends and all of a sudden have to leave because a show I wanted to watch was about to come on. So from that time on a never purchased a TV guide again and only watched TV when there was nothing else for me to do. Now to be honest, the exception to that might be the NBA Finals. LOL! ;)

Andy C

Good for you Andy!!! :)

Television use to dominate my time at one point. I always had to have a TV guide (shows my age) to make sure I did not miss anything. One day I realized that TV was dominating my life. I could be having a great time with my friends and all of a sudden have to leave because a show I wanted to watch was about to come on. So from that time on a never purchased a TV guide again and only watched TV when there was nothing else for me to do. Now to be honest, the exception to that might be the NBA Finals. LOL! ;)
Good post, and good for Toronto.

SonSeeker

Right on, guys!
So, does the next season begin tomorrow? Or has it already begun?
You may have noticed I follow the NBA the same as I follow the NFL. ZERO, ZILCH, NADA

Andy C

Right on, guys!
So, does the next season begin tomorrow? Or has it already begun?
You may have noticed I follow the NBA the same as I follow the NFL. ZERO, ZILCH, NADA
And you are qualified to post on this thread because......:tappingfoot

Im just giving you a hard time brother. Basketball and hockey allow way too many teams into the playoffs, and they drag on too long.

SonSeeker

I'm not really 'into' any professional sports, although I do watch MLB, but only when the Diamondbacks are playing. All professional sports really aren't sports, they are nothing but big business. Sadly, the business aspect is taking over college sports as well.
I kinda' doubt there will be any sports at all when we get to our permanent destination.

Andy C

I'm not really 'into' any professional sports, although I do watch MLB, but only when the Diamondbacks are playing. All professional sports really aren't sports, they are nothing but big business. Sadly, the business aspect is taking over college sports as well.
I kinda' doubt there will be any sports at all when we get to our permanent destination.
Yes, sports are definetly a huge and mostly profitable business, but the games, thats still sports.

Sorry that my Dodgers are FIFTEEN games above your team. I dont like to admit I grew up in Southern CA, and I hate visiting there, but the Dodgers and Angels, they will always be my teams. I did follow the Diamondbacks for the years Randy Johnson pitched for them, but not since then.

SonSeeker

Yes, sports are definetly a huge and mostly profitable business, but the games, thats still sports.

Sorry that my Dodgers are FIFTEEN games above your team. I dont like to admit I grew up in Southern CA, and I hate visiting there, but the Dodgers and Angels, they will always be my teams. I did follow the Diamondbacks for the years Randy Johnson pitched for them, but not since then.
You're right, the games themselves are still sports.
I did live in Huntington Beach and El Toro in the late 70's, went to a few Angels games. We even saw Nolan Ryan pitch once.
After I transferred to Seattle with American Airlines, we caught some Mariners and Seahawks games. That was in the Kingdome, ugh. Working at Sea-Tac airport did have some advantages as we'd occasionally run into some of the players when they weren't traveling with the team. My personal favorite was Ken Griffey, Jr., very personable and well-spoken. They were nearly all, very easy going, and fun to talk to; just regular guys.:thumbup
I did see Randy Johnson once, but not to talk with.