Nationwide ban on gas-burning stoves under consideration

Kenny64

• Natural gas produces more energy than any of the fossil fuels. It has a 92% efficiency rate from wellhead to home, compared to electricity generated by coal, which operates at only a 32% efficiency rate. Natural gas energy is also cost effective; as a fossil fuel abundant in the U.S., natural gas is one of our greatest domestic energy sources.

Only reason this administration would want to ban natural gas stoves is tyranny, desire for cruel and oppressive rule.

kathymendel

Just got my gas bill for January...........it is exactly twice what it was in 2021 and 2022.
Seems "coincidental" that the prices went up just as they are announcing they want to take our gas stoves away.........
I shudder to think of what is coming next.........

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Pinkerton: The Feds Are Coming for Your Gas Stove, Here’s How to Fight Back​

“A US federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves.” That was the January 10 headline at CNN, so you know it’s well sourced to Democratic thinking. The piece quoted Richard Trumka Jr., appointed by President Joe Biden to be a commissioner at the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), saying that gas-powered stoves were a “hazard.”

“Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” Trumka added. And if Democrats now say they are backing away from the idea, don’t be fooled. The ban-stoves mission is about climate change, and the greens who control the Democratic Party aren’t going to give up on that quest. Tactical retreat maybe, but strategic advance, always. Think Trojan Horse.
Fighting Back

Okay, so what might be done to stop FDA—oops, I mean CPSC—from trampling the American people today? Once again, just because they say that they’re backing away from banning stoves doesn’t mean they really are. Most likely, they will seek new angles that go under the radar, such as piecemeal regulation, combined with BlackRock/ESG-type corporate defunding. Still, normies are not without resources. Indeed, it’s possible to see an effective counter-strategy on three levels:

First, federal legislation. That’s what worked in 1977. Already, some Republicans are on the case: Sen. Ted Cruz tweeted an image of stove, adding the defiant words, “Come and take it.” How many in Congress will join Cruz? Undoubtedly a lot, but we’ll have to see if they’re enough. And what will the Biden White House will do? Yes, it’s been scurrying away, and yet the federal government is big and complicated–the Deep State is very deep–and so little green gremlins could be changing stove-policy if they think nobody’s looking.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...g-for-your-gas-stove-heres-how-to-fight-back/

They are such hypocrites, the majority of federal facilities use steam to heat and cook with. The boilers that produce that steam are dual fuel boilers. They use either diesel or natural gas to fire the boilers.

Some of the ovens are electric and some are gas. The backup emergency electric generators use diesel fuel.

I’ll guarantee they aren’t changing any of these facilities to total electric.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
It's probably because homes are hermetically sealed these days and a lot of people don't have proper ventilation.

Put the oven outside, (if your stovetop is built into the oven like mine is) and problem solved.

Of course you'll need a marquee to put over it on rainy days.

Carl

This might just be another source of frayed nerves for the people who believe everything the govmint tells them. There'll probably be millions of people paying an electrician to wire their house for an electric range and then they'll replace their gas range for an electric one, just because of the report...
Used to be that homes were built with both gas and electric service for cooking stoves.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Used to be that homes were built with both gas and electric service for cooking stoves.

I hope my Cheyenne home is wired for both as I like modern electric ovens with convection and roast modes. If I have to stick with gas it'll take a lot of trial and error before I can get optimal results.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I hope my Cheyenne home is wired for both as I like modern electric ovens with convection and roast modes. If I have to stick with gas it'll take a lot of trial and error before I can get optimal results.

Gas stove will mess up most cookware other than cast iron :frown
Gas oven isn't much of a problem for most bakeware because it's indirect like an electric oven.

Back