National Guard Kicked Out Of The Capitol, Forced To Sleep In A Parking Garage

Waiting......

National Guard Kicked Out Of The Capitol,​

Forced To Sleep In A Parking Garage​

HotAir, by John Sexton

Thousands of National Guardsmen descended on the Capitol and surrounding buildings after the riots at the Capitol earlier this month. They were there as a show of force and to discourage anyone who was thinking about a repeat performance during the inauguration. You probably remember seeing photos of guard members packed in various hallways and lobbies at the Capitol)Something apparently changed today. The NY Times reports the Guard was kicked out of the Capitol and surrounding buildings and sent to sleep in a parking garage: Two Guard soldiers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that they had been given no explanation they were without electrical power, heat

Cold garage still in use for vehicles, full of exhaust fumes… One portable restroom outside the parking garage for 1000 men. Shameful! Photos with article.

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-...d-kicked-capitol-forced-sleep-parking-garage/

NewWine2020

So I guess the Libs are done showing support for our troops now that they have served their purpose.....Why not let these National Guard soldiers go back home to their families and civilian livelihoods if the libs are not willing to provide decent accommodations for them?

borrowedtime

Since the vast majority of the military personal (generals and such) wanted to kick Trump and blame him I can’t say I feel one shred of empathy for these folks.

What we witnessed at Inauguration Day was a totalitarian regime take over.

When they parade around the oath we took for the constitution it meant against all those who commuted voter fraud as well.

I as a usmc vet remember that oath. I can’t help but look at the current situation and think the founding fathers would look at America as a soft country who gave up liberty for security.

Rocky R.

Since the vast majority of the military personal (generals and such) wanted to kick Trump and blame him I can’t say I feel one shred of empathy for these folks.

What we witnessed at Inauguration Day was a totalitarian regime take over.

When they parade around the oath we took for the constitution it meant against all those who commuted voter fraud as well.

I as a usmc vet remember that oath. I can’t help but look at the current situation and think the founding fathers would look at America as a soft country who gave up liberty for security.
I feel sympathy for the grunts. I was in the Air Force, not the Guard, but speaking as a former serviceman, the fault lies with the politicians and military senior leadership. However, they are not affected by bad decisions made at the senior level -- only the non-senior enlisted take the pain.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I bet a First Sergeant (or Command Sergeant Major/Staff Sergeant Major) worth anything could find a more acceptable place for those soldiers to sleep. Or at least get some more porta-potties and a bunch of soap and water, portable heaters, fuel, etc. delivered or picked up. I get it that the nice hotels are probably all full or not authorized accommodations on the orders, but there are several military installations with facilities I can think of off-hand in the DC area that soldiers could go to, at least on a rotating basis.

If you do not conserve (take care of) the fighting force (troops), pretty soon you will not have a fighting force (troops) :tappingfoot

[diamond emoji]

borrowedtime

I feel sympathy for the grunts. I was in the Air Force, not the Guard, but speaking as a former serviceman, the fault lies with the politicians and military senior leadership. However, they are not affected by bad decisions made at the senior level -- only the non-senior enlisted take the pain.

They were running through and screening who was “acceptable” unit members and there was 12 reported who were told to leave and they could not be protection at the inauguration.

On top of that carrying rifles with ZERO ammunition.

Maybe I was spoiled in my unit, but not one of my fellow devil dogs would have been ok with any of that. Nor my Captain or Sergant Major.

The military sure has changed

Rocky R.

They were running through and screening who was “acceptable” unit members and there was 12 reported who were told to leave and they could not be protection at the inauguration.

On top of that carrying rifles with ZERO ammunition.

Maybe I was spoiled in my unit, but not one of my fellow devil dogs would have been ok with any of that. Nor my Captain or Sergant Major.
The military sure has changed
You got that right. Senior level officers and NCOs nowadays tend to be more like perfumed princes who toe the political line.

borrowedtime

You got that right. Senior level officers and NCOs nowadays tend to be more like perfumed princes who toe the political line.

perhaps.

granted when I was in somalia was fresh in a lot of e-5 and higher and they were not going to be ok with non combat deployment anymore.

on top of that the commandant I served under was very much “call me when you wanna blow things up. I’m not a babysitter” kinda guy

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Initial and periodic background checks are supposed to be performed. Why did *they* think they needed to do extra ones, who was *they,* and IF there was a good reason why did *they* wait until after movement? :tappingfoot

Operational readiness . . . a soldier is either deployable or not. *Maybe* and *it depends* are not acceptable.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, well, well...the truth is coming out now. Not surprising that a Democrat representative is behind this.

---------------------------

National Guard Forced to Evacuate Capitol Grounds After Alleged Mask Complaint by Democrat Congressman​

National Guard troops were forced to evacuate the Capitol building grounds on Thursday and hang out in parking garages, allegedly after a Democrat congressman complained about one National Guard member not wearing a mask at a cafe in the building.

According to a source, Rep. Will Keating (D-MA) reported to the Capitol building authorities earlier in the day that a National Guardsman was seen in a Dunkin Donuts without a mask on.

After Keating commented out loud that masks were required to be worn at all times in a federal building, the National Guard member responded, “I appreciate my freedom,” according to the source.

National Guard commanders are now looking for the National Guard member, according to the source.

Breitbart News reviewed communications by National Guard officials regarding the situation with Keating.

more............ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...leged-mask-complaint-by-democrat-congressman/

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, check out the Breitbart article and look down at the bottom of it where the handicapped and wheelchair bound new Congressman from North Carolina came by to visit the troops and brought pizzas for them.

Typical democrat antics. Old Sleepy Joe didn't need his mask at the "celebration" but the troops get sent to the garage for not wearing one. :doh

Rocky R.

BTW, check out the Breitbart article and look down at the bottom of it where the handicapped and wheelchair bound new Congressman from North Carolina came by to visit the troops and brought pizzas for them.

Typical democrat antics. Old Sleepy Joe didn't need his mask at the "celebration" but the troops get sent to the garage for not wearing one. :doh
Plugs doesn’t work for the American people, we didn’t elect him. He’s working for the Antichrist, who installed him.

borrowedtime

Well, well, well...the truth is coming out now. Not surprising that a Democrat representative is behind this.

---------------------------

National Guard Forced to Evacuate Capitol Grounds After Alleged Mask Complaint by Democrat Congressman​

National Guard troops were forced to evacuate the Capitol building grounds on Thursday and hang out in parking garages, allegedly after a Democrat congressman complained about one National Guard member not wearing a mask at a cafe in the building.

According to a source, Rep. Will Keating (D-MA) reported to the Capitol building authorities earlier in the day that a National Guardsman was seen in a Dunkin Donuts without a mask on.

After Keating commented out loud that masks were required to be worn at all times in a federal building, the National Guard member responded, “I appreciate my freedom,” according to the source.

National Guard commanders are now looking for the National Guard member, according to the source.

Breitbart News reviewed communications by National Guard officials regarding the situation with Keating.

more............ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...leged-mask-complaint-by-democrat-congressman/

so when is the impeachment?