Nashville Christian school shooting

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
If narcissism is part of this, one of the things that can happen is first they see compassion as weakness in the other person.

Love from them transforms into pity and that implies to the narcissist that they are deemed as broken or in error. That infuriates them for only they are qualified to judge themselves.

It would be most helpful if some talented doctors could break down some of these tragedies and give some cause and effect information to help others see the signs earlier.

Yet in every psychological malady, there is such variation from being benign to deadly serious,
or from overt symptoms to cleverly masked tendencies, that there is no sure-fire diagnosis or way to sort the innocent from the maniacal.
But if we made it more public instead of hiding the problems we might get better at seeing the signs.

Nemophilist

Franklin pretends to be conservative, but with all the influx of Californians, the gig will be up soon enough. Old Franklin is being drowned out by this new woke crowd. Very sad! We may have to move farther away from Nashville to get back to the roots we used to love about the area.
My area is the same. Almost every other car on the road has California or Minnesota license plates. It's so sad.

paul289

If narcissism is part of this, one of the things that can happen is first they see compassion as weakness in the other person.

Love from them transforms into pity and that implies to the narcissist that they are deemed as broken or in error. That infuriates them for only they are qualified to judge themselves.

It would be most helpful if some talented doctors could break down some of these tragedies and give some cause and effect information to help others see the signs earlier.

Yet in every psychological malady, there is such variation from being benign to deadly serious,
or from overt symptoms to cleverly masked tendencies, that there is no sure-fire diagnosis or way to sort the innocent from the maniacal.
But if we made it more public instead of hiding the problems we might get better at seeing the signs.
Psychology and mental health is a very interesting field of study, particularly in a Biblical light. Ultimately, according to the Bible, everything comes down to choice. Do we choose to follow God, or ourselves? Where is the focus of our worship? Narcissism, for instance, is worship of self. Those who don't worship the narcissist are heretics and therefore must be punished. But how to cure people who we would consider mentally ill? The Bible seems to say that sometimes corporal punishment is the cure in certain situations. Other times, shame or the threat thereof (cut off from his people, for instance). Christians should dig deeper into the Scriptures for Biblical advice on dealing with mental illness, because the way the world is doing it isn't working.

madcat

Franklin pretends to be conservative, but with all the influx of Californians, the gig will be up soon enough. Old Franklin is being drowned out by this new woke crowd. Very sad! We may have to move farther away from Nashville to get back to the roots we used to love about the area.
Ditto. We left there in 2018, and moved “east” of “Split Log”. 2 1/2 yrs. ago it was in the Country, but not now. Building. building, building!

Psalm37v4

Hated and laughed at by the world but loved by God
When I clicked on the link to the New York post article about the pastor, counseling Audrey Hale, there was another article where he took it back and said he was mistaken.

Finding out this poor girl was trans and thought she was a man reminded me of something. One of my moms former caregivers has a daughter who just turned 16 but has been claiming she’s a “gay bisexual male trans.” Unfortunately, she doesn’t get paid much attention at home because she has a younger 14-year-old sister and now a one year old sister, so we think she’s doing this just to get attention. But it is so sad when people think they aren’t the gender God assigned to them. I acted like a tomboy somewhat as a teenager, but I didn’t go around claiming I was a man. This whole trans and LGBTQ nonsense is screwing up so many lives.

DWB

Ditto. We left there in 2018, and moved “east” of “Split Log”. 2 1/2 yrs. ago it was in the Country, but not now. Building. building, building!
I used to drive that road every day going between Nolensville and Franklin. Beautiful area before it was developed. A lot of poor rural families got lots of money for selling their family farms.

daygo

When I clicked on the link to the New York post article about the pastor, counseling Audrey Hale, there was another article where he took it back and said he was mistaken.

Finding out this poor girl was trans and thought she was a man reminded me of something. One of my moms former caregivers has a daughter who just turned 16 but has been claiming she’s a “gay bisexual male trans.” Unfortunately, she doesn’t get paid much attention at home because she has a younger 14-year-old sister and now a one year old sister, so we think she’s doing this just to get attention. But it is so sad when people think they aren’t the gender God assigned to them. I acted like a tomboy somewhat as a teenager, but I didn’t go around claiming I was a man. This whole trans and LGBTQ nonsense is screwing up so many lives.
True.

madcat

I used to drive that road every day going between Nolensville and Franklin. Beautiful area before it was developed. A lot of poor rural families got lots of money for selling their family farms.
And now a lot of developers are left holding the bag who bought lots of acreage and now people who would typically need home loans, are priced out of the market. Several near us - but the deer and turkeys are grateful!

GHoe

"The Lord Has Need Of Them" !!

I watched a sermon online today as I went for a walk and I attended my normal church. Both sermons (no affiliation) covered the same story, Jesus advising 2 disciples to go into the city to get 2 donkeys. A never before ridden colt and his mom and bring them out to Him so that He could ride the colt into the city of Jerusalem (just days before his sacrificial death on the cross).

The part that jumped out at me were the 6 words covered in both sermons that Jesus instructed the disciples to say if anyone should ask why the disciples were taking the 2 donkeys, Jesus instructed the disciples to say, "THE LORD HAS NEED OF THEM".

6 words that immediately jumped out at me as I recalled this last week 6 Christian martyrs had been killed. "How could God allow that" and "why would He allow that to happen" some may ask. Just know and let these words give you peace,
that passes understanding.. "The Lord Has Need Of Them".

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
"The Lord Has Need Of Them" !!

I watched a sermon online today as I went for a walk and I attended my normal church. Both sermons (no affiliation) covered the same story, Jesus advising 2 disciples to go into the city to get 2 donkeys. A never before ridden colt and his mom and bring them out to Him so that He could ride the colt into the city of Jerusalem (just days before his sacrificial death on the cross).

The part that jumped out at me were the 6 words covered in both sermons that Jesus instructed the disciples to say if anyone should ask why the disciples were taking the 2 donkeys, Jesus instructed the disciples to say, "THE LORD HAS NEED OF THEM".

6 words that immediately jumped out at me as I recalled this last week 6 Christian martyrs had been killed. "How could God allow that" and "why would He allow that to happen" some may ask. Just know and let these words give you peace,
that passes understanding.. "The Lord Has Need Of Them".
It had to be their time :bible Hebrews 9:27 says there is an appointed time and after this the judgment.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Governor Bill Lee ( R-TN)has a proposal to beef up armed guard and put a school resource ( SRO ) guard in every Tennessee school that is public or private school,he has purposed this following the mass shooting at the Nashville Christian elementary school.

https://www.cf.org/news/gov-bill-lee-to-propose-plan-to-put-armed-guard-in-every-tennessee-school/
This is something they should have done a long time ago. You think they would learn. The politicians and Hollywood stars have body guards. Our children and grandchildren should be :bighug protected. It isn't fair that our government hasn't done this. So many lives :crylost and families torn :cry apart. I really :pray this will be done in all the schools in all the states.

madcat

This is something they should have done a long time ago. You think they would learn. The politicians and Hollywood stars have body guards. Our children and grandchildren should be :bighug protected. It isn't fair that our government hasn't done this. So many lives :crylost and families torn :cry apart. I really :pray this will be done in all the schools in all the states.
This exactly what I was about to post. The private schools should have done it a long time go since they can secure funding through tuition adjustments. Each county should have seen the need, as well, but it seems there is always some “pet projects” that take priority.
While industry and growth is a good thing, this security issue isn’t new. Most churches I know in the area have county sheriffs at every service, as well as armed men in the congregation. Yet schools are left vulnerable in many places. I suppose it takes horrible things like this to get the ball rolling.

amystery

Governor Bill Lee ( R-TN)has a proposal to beef up armed guard and put a school resource ( SRO ) guard in every Tennessee school that is public or private school,he has purposed this following the mass shooting at the Nashville Christian elementary school.

https://www.cf.org/news/gov-bill-lee-to-propose-plan-to-put-armed-guard-in-every-tennessee-school/
The director of Metro Schools (Nashville), Adrian Battle, not only refuses to put armed security in elementary schools, but dismisses SROs as people who criminalize student behavior. Instead, she wants to implement unarmed school ambassadors. Armed guards for money trucks? Sure thing. Protecting elementary students? If it’s up to her, no way!
Our governor is going to have to handle this one on his own, because these liberal wackos in our big cities would rather have our kids fend for themselves, instead of using common sense, and actually protect them. They’d be better off with a guard kitten than an unarmed ambassador.

madcat

The director of Metro Schools (Nashville), Adrian Battle, not only refuses to put armed security in elementary schools, but dismisses SROs as people who criminalize student behavior. Instead, she wants to implement unarmed school ambassadors. Armed guards for money trucks? Sure thing. Protecting elementary students? If it’s up to her, no way!
Our governor is going to have to handle this one on his own, because these liberal wackos in our big cities would rather have our kids fend for themselves, instead of using common sense, and actually protect them. They’d be better off with a guard kitten than an unarmed ambassador.
This debate has been going on for decades, but as we all know who live here, Memphis, Knoxville, Nashville, and Chattanooga are the most “left” cities in the state, and unfortunately their influence is moving into the “burbs”. I think it will end up being each county or even city that decides whether to have armed security. Most of the Christian private schools I know of in the Franklin/Brentwood area already have security, but not sure whether they are armed. I’m guessing they will be now! Franklin public schools has had county sheriff cars parked in a very visible place for years, to notify would-be trouble makers of armed presence. I hope Lee makes it mandatory, but I’m not sure he and our legislators will stand up to the woke adm. of many districts.

Back