Nasa predicts "wobble" in the moon's orbit may lead to record flooding on Earth

Katie8758

Every coast in the U.S. is facing rapidly increasing high tide floods thanks to a "wobble" in the moon's orbit working in tandem with climate change-fueled rising sea levels.

A new study from NASA and the University of Hawaii, published recently in the journal Nature Climate Change, warns that upcoming changes in the moon's orbit could lead to record flooding on Earth in the next decade.

Through mapping the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) sea-level rise scenarios, flooding thresholds and astronomical cycles, researchers found flooding in American coastal cities could be several multiples worse in the 2030s, when the next moon "wobble" is expected to begin. They expect the flooding to significantly damage infrastructure and displace communities.

Source:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nasa-w...flooding-earth-sea-level-rise-climate-change/

GEOINTAnalyst

On Friday April 13, 2029 - the asteroid Apophis will pass less than 20,000 miles (32,000 kilometers) from our planet’s surface – closer than the distance of geosynchronous satellites. During that 2029 close approach, Apophis will be visible to observers on the ground in the Eastern Hemisphere without the aid of a telescope or binoculars. It’s also an unprecedented opportunity for astronomers to get a close-up view of a solar system relic that is now just a scientific curiosity and not an immediate hazard to our planet.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/na...safe-from-asteroid-apophis-for-100-plus-years

I wonder how many satellites it may take out when it passes by especially those in high Earth orbit which is about 22,500 miles up which means this asteroid will pass through that? Let's says it hits a large communication satellite could that change the trajectory of the asteroid enough to alter it's course? - just some food for thought

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

There is a large asteroid which is on path to come very close to the Earth in 2029. Just a little wobble at the precise time might create a hit and not a close miss.
NASA assures that Apophis will not hit the earth with its present trajectory, but, how can they say that when just a slight perturbation could change its path? The Creator God who made the heavens and the earth could do whatever He wants to with it.

Hiftobaf

I read once that the city of Babylon in Iraq (Saddam Hussein rebuilt part of it) sits atop an enormous pool of asphalt that if, once ignited (by, mmm, let's see, an asteroid impact maybe?) it would "burn forever".

Rev 18:21 states that an angel throws a stone like a large millstone into the sea, and that somehow destroys Babylon. Babylon isn't hit directly.

Wings Like Eagles

Rev 18:21 states that an angel throws a stone like a large millstone into the sea, and that somehow destroys Babylon. Babylon isn't hit directly.
Yes, true, but it says that "Just like this..." So, just like the boulder that is thrown into the sea, it is entirely possible that a similar event wipes out Babylon. If the Book of Revelation details a chronological order, "Wormwood" would fall much earlier (Revelation 8:10-11). They may well be two different events--the falling of Wormwood as and the destruction of Babylon. Wormwood is probably MUCH larger than a boulder.

Wings Like Eagles

Wormwood somehow poisons a third of the world's drinking water. An ordinary asteroid impact wouldn't do that.
I don't think we can know that. Would depend on a lot of things. What is the asteroid (or comet's) composition and how big is it? We are used to thinking that a comet is comprised primarily of water ice, but, what if it contained very toxic substances which it shed as a poison rain on its way to the sea? Those drawing their drinking water from underground aquifers might be spared but what about the many millions who get their drinking water from rivers, lakes and reservoirs? Revelation 8:8-9 describes Wormwood as a "flaming mountain". Not at all the same as the "boulder" that destroys Babylon later.

Endangered

To give us all an idea how big this asteroid is: it weighs anout 27 billion kg and is 1100 feet long. A hit from this rock will do tons and tons of damage.
And all it takes is a very small change in the trajectory to make direct hit feasible.
I don't know about you but I don't want to be around when Apophis visits us.

Andy C

To give us all an idea how big this asteroid is: it weighs anout 27 billion kg and is 1100 feet long. A hit from this rock will do tons and tons of damage.
And all it takes is a very small change in the trajectory to make direct hit feasible.
I don't know about you but I don't want to be around when Apophis visits us.
Big enough to destroy the area/city….it lands in, but its not a global extinct event.

Footsteps

Maybe the tides of a large meteor have caused Biden's brain to wobble or turn upside down in its cranial cavity. This could explain his disorientation when speaking or falling while boarding his plane. It could also account for a loss of equilibrium while near women, accounting for his nose plunging into their hair. This rare condition is known as Warp Drive in astrophysics, and Being Warped in neuroscience.