Nail polish

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
I normally don't post girly Stuff but I'll make a exception on this one haha. So what color nail polish do y'all prefer? Me I like. Different tans. Pinks not neon pink though lol and peach colors I also prefer nail polish that shimmers rather then matt finish.

Do y'all have any tips on how to make nail polish to dry quicker???? I'm very impatient when it comes to letting nails dry I mean your literally watching paint dry:lolsign and I always seem to have to redo them 100 times because no matter how carful I am I always seem to have to redo them at least once because I somehow smudge them :lolsign and yes I'm waiting for my nails to dry as I am making this thread haha. And I already had to fix my nails twice because I smudged them ugggg.

A plus on me doing my own nails though is I am both left and right handed so I have no issues applying nail polish. :paintnails:heh

ShilohRose

There are quick drying top coats. Have you tried any of those? Nail polish doesn't adhere well to my nails, but I love it anyway. I like glitter, and white shimmer nail polish. I also like some of the grays and taupes. My favorite was an OPI polish from years ago called, "The British Are Coming!" and it was a bright, sparkly, orange red. I got lots of compliments on that.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I just found a new one from OPI called I'm really an actress.
It's red with a dusting of sparkles.

I love pinks and reds. I dont care much for the quick dry polish. I usually use Sally Hanson nail products.

I had a manicure recently. The lady had a pen like a magic marker that *erased* polish from around the nail. I went right out and bought one but haven't used it yet.

LindaLove

I use Sally Hansen Miracle Gel brand. Step #1 is the color and then Step #2 is the top coat (in a dark brown bottle). It stays on for a really long time and doesn't need to be cured with a light. For a Light pink I use: #239 Smartease, Pink Red I use: #220 Pink Tank and then for a Fushia colored one: #200 Pink Up. I can't believe it's been over a year now and I haven't done my nails (hands or feet), time to get busy since I love looking at my toes painted a pretty color.

LindaLove

There are quick drying top coats. Have you tried any of those? Nail polish doesn't adhere well to my nails, but I love it anyway. I like glitter, and white shimmer nail polish. I also like some of the grays and taupes. My favorite was an OPI polish from years ago called, "The British Are Coming!" and it was a bright, sparkly, orange red. I got lots of compliments on that.
I really like the glitter too, but it would just peel right off in a day or two, fully intact, like a fake nail.

CountingMyBlessings

I’ve found new polish dries much faster and started tossing older bottles because they take so much longer to dry. It’s important to make sure each coat is completely dry before applying the next. I put 3 coats on my toes in about 20 minutes with a brand new bottle - not sure the brand and have had no issues. Generally, I like clear polish with glitter because it is harder to see if you mess up and matches everything.

Leigh

Favorite color polish is bubblegum pink in a creme finish.

I rarely polish my fingernails because it never lasts long enough before it begins to chip, but once sandal season starts I try and keep my toenails painted all the time (usually switch colors every couple of weeks).

Since I'm impatient, I mostly buy quick-dry polishes, normally Sally Hansen.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I keep my nails very short and don't wear nail polish. If I want my nails to look good for something like a job interview, I make sure hands/nails spotlessly clean, hands lotioned, the leading edges of the nails are smooth, the cuticles are neat, and buff the nails to a high shine. I don't have to wait for anything to dry :lol

I don't want any of the polish or fake nail chemicals in my body, my nails don't breathe with polish, glue, etc., and when I tried many, many, many, many moons ago, polish always cracked, peeled, wore off, etc. almost immediately, anyway, because my hands were always in the water, mud, oil, grease, etc. Long nails and fakes were a lost cause, too :lol

Last edited:

ThankfulMom

I love Orly Breathable nail polish. It has base coat and top coat built in. You apply two coats and that's it. It is designed to allow the nail to breathe. My daughter is almost eleven years old and is in martial arts. I give her pedicures using this nail polish so her bare feet look presentable. It's the one polish she likes.

Leigh

I keep my nails very short and don't wear nail polish. If I want my nails to look good for something like a job interview, I make sure hands/nails spotlessly clean, hands lotioned, the leading edges of the nails are smooth, the cuticles are neat, and buff the nails to a high shine. I don't have to wait for anything to dry :lol

I don't want any of the polish or fake nail chemicals in my body, my nails don't breathe with polish, glue, etc., and when I tried many, many, many, many moons ago, polish always cracked, peeled, wore off, etc. almost immediately, anyway, because my hands were always in the water, mud, oil, grease, etc. Long nails and fakes were a lost cause, too :lol
About your first paragraph -- in the time it takes to do all that, I can slap on a coat of quick-dry polish and be out the door! :biggrin

I definitely understand not wanting the chemicals from nail polish, which is why I try and give mine a rest during the winter. Nail polish remover scares me, but I do use acetone because it works the fastest.

I keep my fingernails very short too, for typing and playing piano. They look so much nicer when polished, but I still don't usually take time for it.

Leigh

I love Orly Breathable nail polish. It has base coat and top coat built in. You apply two coats and that's it. It is designed to allow the nail to breathe. My daughter is almost eleven years old and is in martial arts. I give her pedicures using this nail polish so her bare feet look presentable. It's the one polish she likes.
I need to look for that brand. Do you buy it in stores or online?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
About your first paragraph -- in the time it takes to do all that, I can slap on a coat of quick-dry polish and be out the door! :biggrin

I definitely understand not wanting the chemicals from nail polish, which is why I try and give mine a rest during the winter. Nail polish remover scares me, but I do use acetone because it works the fastest.

I keep my fingernails very short too, for typing and playing piano. They look so much nicer when polished, but I still don't usually take time for it.

I can buff-and-drive :lol

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
I also only paint my toe nails, which I keep short. Bright colors...orange this go round.
I clear coat my fingernails, which I also keep short.
One coat only, for both fingers and toes.
I did the same I painted my toes then I just clear painted my finger nails. I'll paint my finger nails every so often mostly because thy always chip I keep my nails short and well but mostly cuz I play guitar so they Chip anyways haha

RobinB

Favorite color polish is bubblegum pink in a creme finish.

I rarely polish my fingernails because it never lasts long enough before it begins to chip, but once sandal season starts I try and keep my toenails painted all the time (usually switch colors every couple of weeks).

Since I'm impatient, I mostly buy quick-dry polishes, normally Sally Hansen.

Same, always keep toes done (I go to a one-person owned salon) because I love foot massage and wear sandals all summer. Used to always keep my finger nails done years ago, but had to do a clear coat daily to make it last. Gave that up as part of my chemical-reduction plan after breast cancer. I like reds and dark pinks.