Mystery Babylon, Mother of Harlots

kathymendel

The Sleep only represents what we do in death until the Resurrection, if we are called by Jesus to come up hither, then there would be no sleep. We would change from a Flesh man to a Spirit man,, which means we leave our flesh body, which can not survive without the spirit man. All I do is put the scriptures together sister.
Enoch never left his "sin/flesh body" behind. He disappeared when he was taken up in the chariot. We will also disappear, as our earthly body will "be changed" in an instant.......... like Enoch, no bodies left behind.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If America plays no role in the Tribulation, and we can see the Tribulation just over the horizon, then logic dictates something happens to America before it begins.
I think there is faulty logic in the above statement. While something significant may happen to America before Tribulation begins, nothing significant is needed. The USA along with Europe, essentially the "western world" has been on the pointy end of the globalization spear for a very long time (relatively speaking :)). I have no difficulty imagining a corrupt President and Congress selling Americans out to the global government as a natural next step to the way the world has been heading for some time now. But for Trump, we'd be much closer to that conclusion already.

Additionally, if/when the USA goes into Tribulation as part of one of the 10 political regions of the world, I don't believe the USA's region will be one of those that needs to be subdued by the antichrist and his government. That said, it would be profitable to the antichrist to have a healthy North America as he would ultimately command the USA's military assets and could well use those in subduing those that will be subdued.

Also the beast worship will not (initially, at least) be called beast worship. It will be called Christianity because the beast is the Antichrist and therefore will claim to be Christ.
In recent decades we've seen so many religious leaders embrace leaders of other religions and endeavor to fit all of the religions together like a tight puzzle. Thus, that One World Religion may not be under the Christian flag, but the false earthly representation of Christianity will certainly be a large part of the Tribulation Kumbaya congregation.

As for Mystery Babylon, I've heard a few good arguments that come to different conclusions. I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Steve53

So do you think our earthly bodies go to Heaven brother ?
No, I don't believe our earthly bodies go to Heaven. I believe the Word. The Word says we'll be changed. We will have physical bodies, free from corruption. The Bible is clear on this point.
The Sleep only represents what we do in death until the Resurrection, if we are called by Jesus to come up hither, then there would be no sleep. We would change from a Flesh man to a Spirit man,, which means we leave our flesh body, which can not survive without the spirit man. All I do is put the scriptures together sister.
No such thing as soul sleep. Period.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/dead-body-sleeping-soul-what-about-the-spirit/

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus rose from the grave after 3 days and He had his heavenly body. The fact that there was no Jesus body decaying is part of the miracle that our bodies are changed during the rapture. Just my two cents, not worth much, lol!
I agree with ByGod'sGrace and Kathy. I think our body will be changed in some way we do not understand so that while we are in Heaven and carrying out the Marriage Supper of the Lamb during the Tribulation that we are able to eat, drink, etc. like Jesus did after the resurrection. How it happens the Bible doesn't say other than it is "changed" and that is probably beyond our imagination. :idunno

Also, just for clarity we do not allow promotion of "soul sleep" on RF as that is not biblical. Your soul is either here or there. :)

The Bible does NOT say the flesh is left. It says we are CHANGED in the twinkling of an eye. Please show me the verse where it states our bodies will be left behind. If that were the case, the Lord would have mentioned that. He did not. Our SIN is left behind. As people, we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. Again, CHANGED. For our bodies to be left behind, we would have to die first. I believe the verse clearly states WE SHALL NOT ALL PASS AWAY. Just saying.

Congratulations on being a preacher for 33 years. That is quite an accomplishment.
Thanks brother, I see it as being changed from the earth man to the spiritual man from my studies, but its not going to keep us from loving one another in heaven. I agree, we will not all be dead when the Lord comes, but I do think we change from earthly men to spiritual men when the Lord comes. The key for me is the verse that says the dead are raised in incorruption, meaning without sin flesh. Then it says we will change from corruption {which I now assume is sin flesh} to incorruption { which I assume is the Spirit man that arises from the grave}.

Don't sweat it brother, we see darkly now, we will both see clearly on that glorious day.

Congratulations on your long career in ministry! :thumbup Do you mind if I ask what denomination?

Also, was that in Clanton?

God bless.
Thanks brother, but its more a privilege than a task. I started out Nazarene and am now a Baptist. I have retired to Clanton but I was born in Tuscaloosa. We have been around many places in the south.

I am looking to write a book on Revelation, Daniel and Prophecy in general. Most of your OP's are very enlightening brother. I loved all the pretibulation signposts especially. You would be surprised {maybe not} at how vicious some brothers become at the pretribulation rapture declaration. Its as if they want to go through God's Wrath. LOL, I never understood the passion on that one.

Seems we got off track from the OP, sorry about that brother.

P.S. I have an Exegesis on Daniel 11 and 12 that explains who every King in Dan. 11 is and how he came to power. After I get back from the doctor tomorrow or the next day I might post it. I was wandering does one have to get those pre approved ? Some sites are like that because of spam, Thanks.

cavalier973

Jesus was resurrected, but He still had His wounds, in His hands and in His side. That is interesting.

In any case, I think calling the city "Mystery Babylon" may be incorrect. The passage could read as, there was written on her head a mystery, "Babylon the Great", etc.

A mystery in Scripture, I've been told, is info that was previously held a secret, but is now revealed.

Last edited:
Jesus was resurrected, but He still had His wounds, in His hands and in His side. That is interesting.

In any case, I think calling the city "Mystery Babylon" may be incorrect. The passage could read as, there was written on her head a mystery, "Babylon the Great", etc.

A mystery in Scripture, I've been told, is info that was previously held a secret, but is now revealed.
Well, I think Babylon refers to the whole world in general getting judged, but that's neither here nor there, we as humans only see partially in the current world and we will see all things clearly with the Lord, Amen. Found out Wed. I have a touch of bladder cancer and I think radiation is next, so you guys pray for me, the devil hates our prayers. P.S. I should say they took what they could out and think they may have gotten it all but there is only so much of the bladder they can take out, so I might have to go through radiation to be sure or something like that. Getting well enough to get out and around so I probably wont be on here much anymore. I have never been much of an in house type person, I have to get out and see things, the marvel of God's creations still enthuses me to no end. God Bless all, thanks fir your prayers.