My testimony

Radah

I don't really know where to even begin with this but I'll start by saying I grew up in a Lutheran church setting and I never believed in any of it from a kid until I left that setting when I got into junior high. I guess you can say I was much more of an atheist than believing that there even was a God that existed. I was your typical liberal growing up all my life just living my life paying no regard to God, religion, bible. I never went to church after junior high and honestly only when I had weddings, deaths, etc when we have to right? I'm certainly nobody special......at least in the world I am nobody of stature, but God knows the beginning from the end and somehow this certainly resonates with my life and what I have experienced since I was a kid.

For example, I had re-occurring dreams when I was a kid that I was floating through dark hallways in some kind of maze but in the center or some central point there was a chapel with floating pews and a beautiful stained glass backdrop behind a podium. It was a church.....In my dream I would wander in the dark and the only light was in this chapel so I would always find myself back to it in the dream. I had this over and over and over again I had no idea what to make of it and really didn't tell anyone about it until later.

Then as I grew up certain scenes from movies would resonate with me. For example, the scene from Stigmata where toward the end the investigator is in the church with the renegade Vatican official who explains to him that the church of God is inside you and all around not in buildings made of wood and stone. That really resonated with me but was far before I even considered believing. Other movies had similar connotes like that.

Over the years I've had things work out for me when they shouldn't have almost like someone is watching me and knows me. I've always had a keen eye to see something in this world isn't right. When I went to junior high I could see the wickedness of certain kids and the love of others. Right about the time we become teenagers and have that pride force to make our own paths I could see what the other kids were doing and some of it disgusted me. I've had my own struggle and sinned many times but my heart has always desired love.

So fast forward to 2013 where it took me to the age of 33....this is the year I started seeing the signs coming on 2014-2015 regarding the blood moons falling on the Jewish feast days of Passover and Sukkot back to back in those years. I could just not wrap my head around how this is possible if there is no God. I spent the second half of 2013 after I had this revelation watching videos about what it meant to be Christian. I believed there was a God at that point so all of it started to really come alive video after video I watched. I just couldn't believe I grew up around all of this and it eluded me before until now. I fully understood the gospel by the end of the year and finally in January of 2014 around the first week or 2 I remember sitting on my couch later one night. I knew what I had to do but for some reason I felt as if I couldn't do it something was preventing me if that makes any sense. With tears in my eyes I remember looking up and asking God to help me. In that moment I remember it felt like a hand reach out onto my shoulder and say....it's ok. Like some kind of confirmation that's the best I can describe that moment. In the next moment through my tears I uttered the words ...I accept you Jesus as my Lord and Savior. In that moment I was literally stunned. Not the kind of stun like being sucker punched or some kind of quick action as you'd think but a stun that was so peaceful, so calming, like taking all the white noise and chaos in a setting and making it so calm. I was in that moment seemingly for around 3-5 minutes until I gathered myself. I went straight to bed after that and slept like a baby that night.

That is the best I can describe what happened to me and every single day after that I wake up there is this fire inside of me that just doesn't stop it's relentless. I don't even go to church at all! I began after and was baptized that following Easter Sunday at a local church my friend had offered me to come try that he was an elder of. So I've been saved now for over 7 years and each year the Lord has shown and taught me new things.

First couple years I was so new coming from the background I came from. All I can say is my family doesn't even recognize the man I am today from the person I used to be. In fact I lost many friends and family has turned a cold shoulder to me since that time and continues to. As things progress in the world I have learned we have 2 powers in this world. We have the power of love and pride. As a true believer we are truly empowered by the Holy Spirit ...pure love and power that emboldens every believer to fulfill what Jesus asked all of us to fulfill for him until he returns. I believe that return is near....I've never shared this before and I'm probably missing some good points along my journey but this I guess is the short version and didn't want to go on and on. God bless you all and maranatha!

Radah

Amen.There are many similarities to me when I was saved in October 2018. That fire you described that never goes out, I can attest to the same. I never thought I could be in love with Jesus, but as I read your testimony it’s obvious you are too. See you in the clouds soon.
yea every morning I wake up it's that same fire even if I wanted to stray I don't go far.

JamesSuth

I spent the second half of 2013 after I had this revelation watching videos about what it meant to be Christian.
I was praying the other day that the Holy Spirit would lead people to Christ through all the many videos and resources there are online. It is an encouragement to read that is exactly how you came to give your life to Jesus!

:welcome to RF, and thank you for sharing your story.

Radah

I don't really know where to even begin with this but I'll start by saying I grew up in a Lutheran church setting and I never believed in any of it from a kid until I left that setting when I got into junior high. I guess you can say I was much more of an atheist than believing that there even was a God that existed. I was your typical liberal growing up all my life just living my life paying no regard to God, religion, bible. I never went to church after junior high and honestly only when I had weddings, deaths, etc when we have to right? I'm certainly nobody special......at least in the world I am nobody of stature, but God knows the beginning from the end and somehow this certainly resonates with my life and what I have experienced since I was a kid.

For example, I had re-occurring dreams when I was a kid that I was floating through dark hallways in some kind of maze but in the center or some central point there was a chapel with floating pews and a beautiful stained glass backdrop behind a podium. It was a church.....In my dream I would wander in the dark and the only light was in this chapel so I would always find myself back to it in the dream. I had this over and over and over again I had no idea what to make of it and really didn't tell anyone about it until later.

Then as I grew up certain scenes from movies would resonate with me. For example, the scene from Stigmata where toward the end the investigator is in the church with the renegade Vatican official who explains to him that the church of God is inside you and all around not in buildings made of wood and stone. That really resonated with me but was far before I even considered believing. Other movies had similar connotes like that.

Over the years I've had things work out for me when they shouldn't have almost like someone is watching me and knows me. I've always had a keen eye to see something in this world isn't right. When I went to junior high I could see the wickedness of certain kids and the love of others. Right about the time we become teenagers and have that pride force to make our own paths I could see what the other kids were doing and some of it disgusted me. I've had my own struggle and sinned many times but my heart has always desired love.

So fast forward to 2013 where it took me to the age of 33....this is the year I started seeing the signs coming on 2014-2015 regarding the blood moons falling on the Jewish feast days of Passover and Sukkot back to back in those years. I could just not wrap my head around how this is possible if there is no God. I spent the second half of 2013 after I had this revelation watching videos about what it meant to be Christian. I believed there was a God at that point so all of it started to really come alive video after video I watched. I just couldn't believe I grew up around all of this and it eluded me before until now. I fully understood the gospel by the end of the year and finally in January of 2014 around the first week or 2 I remember sitting on my couch later one night. I knew what I had to do but for some reason I felt as if I couldn't do it something was preventing me if that makes any sense. With tears in my eyes I remember looking up and asking God to help me. In that moment I remember it felt like a hand reach out onto my shoulder and say....it's ok. Like some kind of confirmation that's the best I can describe that moment. In the next moment through my tears I uttered the words ...I accept you Jesus as my Lord and Savior. In that moment I was literally stunned. Not the kind of stun like being sucker punched or some kind of quick action as you'd think but a stun that was so peaceful, so calming, like taking all the white noise and chaos in a setting and making it so calm. I was in that moment seemingly for around 3-5 minutes until I gathered myself. I went straight to bed after that and slept like a baby that night.

That is the best I can describe what happened to me and every single day after that I wake up there is this fire inside of me that just doesn't stop it's relentless. I don't even go to church at all! I began after and was baptized that following Easter Sunday at a local church my friend had offered me to come try that he was an elder of. So I've been saved now for over 7 years and each year the Lord has shown and taught me new things.

First couple years I was so new coming from the background I came from. All I can say is my family doesn't even recognize the man I am today from the person I used to be. In fact I lost many friends and family has turned a cold shoulder to me since that time and continues to. As things progress in the world I have learned we have 2 powers in this world. We have the power of love and pride. As a true believer we are truly empowered by the Holy Spirit ...pure love and power that emboldens every believer to fulfill what Jesus asked all of us to fulfill for him until he returns. I believe that return is near....I've never shared this before and I'm probably missing some good points along my journey but this I guess is the short version and didn't want to go on and on. God bless you all and maranatha!
Everyone thinks I'm crazy am I crazy? Or am I crazy love?

ayelin

Hi Radah, I’m curious whether or not you read scripture often? I mention this because as you may know, God uses His Word to sanctify us. I think if you’re having these fiery feelings every morning, seek God through His Word diligently. Keep at it and He will help you and grow and change you according to His Will. I believe you may find answers to these things. Sometimes God will bring the answers in very unexpected ways where we learn through our experiences.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

ayelin

Also I mean we learn through things lived in real life, not in “spiritual” experiences. Most times we don’t really know if our spiritual experiences are from God or produced by satan or ourselves. Sometimes if we’re having a lot of overwhelming passion we may want to take a step back to find balance so that we are “sober minded”. Our passion can can take us on an adventure of wonder and love but we need to stay firmly rooted in God’s Word and will. This will help us to discern if our passions are good fruit.

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 1:13