My Simply Testimony

CaryAnn

Some one wrote to a mutual friend: "The only ones in my perception who write about "evil" or "the devil" and so on are the ones who are deep into religion. Why is that? There is so much to enjoy in life, and I am sure you do it, but: Do religions "need" the evil to justify themselves?" My friend went on and on about evil so I decided to do something different than her. I gave my very simple testimony of how I became a saved person in Christ Jesus so very long ago. The following is what I wrote to him

Let me tell you haw I became a Christian. I was a child with an abusive mother and an absentee father. All my life I knew that there was a God but I didn't know God. In the eight grade my dog, Misty, was hit by a car that veered into our front yard just to hit her. She was thrown and landed in the middle of the street.

My mom and I took her to the vet who told us that she wasn't going to live. I fell apart because Misty was my one hold on sanity. So I did something I had never done before, I prayed. It was simple and to be honest I don't remember the words, probably, "God, if Your real please don't let Misty die."

When we got home the phone was ringing, mom answered it and said to get back in the car. We headed back to the vet's office. When we got there he said he had NEVER seen what had happened happen before. Right before he was going to give her whatever they give to euthanasia a dog, she got up and was fine.

Now, before you say she was only stunned or knocked out, the xrays proved she should have been dead. Her rib cage was crushed, she had broken legs and I can't remember what else. The vet retook the xrays and compared them side by side. It was a miracle!! Not one broken bone, nor a crushed rib cage. She was healed.

From that day on I started talking to God. A friend of mine who was a Christian gave me the New Testament to read and I devoured it. I read John first and then the rest of the gospels. I learned that Almighty God loves each of us and He wants to have a relationship with us. I learned that I was a sinner. It didn't matter if I was a good person, I was still a sinner. And I learned that sinners cannot go to heaven. If someone dies without knowing Jesus as their savior then Hell will be their forever home. Matthew 25: 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels

I learned that Jesus was fully God, fully Man and fully the Holy Spirit. How, I can't explain some of Almighty God's ways, but that is what scripture tells us. Over the years I have seen many miracles happen. As I said, I am a Christian and I don't dwell on satan or evil. I dwell on the things of Almighty God because they are much more fruitful. I pray you will read the New Testament starting with John. Read it once to get a notion of what it is. Read it a second time after asking God if this is real. Read it a third time with an open heart and allowing God to change you. I guarantee you will feel different and you will have a desire to believe.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Some one wrote to a mutual friend: "The only ones in my perception who write about "evil" or "the devil" and so on are the ones who are deep into religion. Why is that? There is so much to enjoy in life, and I am sure you do it, but: Do religions "need" the evil to justify themselves?" My friend went on and on about evil so I decided to do something different than her. I gave my very simple testimony of how I became a saved person in Christ Jesus so very long ago. The following is what I wrote to him

Let me tell you haw I became a Christian. I was a child with an abusive mother and an absentee father. All my life I knew that there was a God but I didn't know God. In the eight grade my dog, Misty, was hit by a car that veered into our front yard just to hit her. She was thrown and landed in the middle of the street.

My mom and I took her to the vet who told us that she wasn't going to live. I fell apart because Misty was my one hold on sanity. So I did something I had never done before, I prayed. It was simple and to be honest I don't remember the words, probably, "God, if Your real please don't let Misty die."

When we got home the phone was ringing, mom answered it and said to get back in the car. We headed back to the vet's office. When we got there he said he had NEVER seen what had happened happen before. Right before he was going to give her whatever they give to euthanasia a dog, she got up and was fine.

Now, before you say she was only stunned or knocked out, the xrays proved she should have been dead. Her rib cage was crushed, she had broken legs and I can't remember what else. The vet retook the xrays and compared them side by side. It was a miracle!! Not one broken bone, nor a crushed rib cage. She was healed.

From that day on I started talking to God. A friend of mine who was a Christian gave me the New Testament to read and I devoured it. I read John first and then the rest of the gospels. I learned that Almighty God loves each of us and He wants to have a relationship with us. I learned that I was a sinner. It didn't matter if I was a good person, I was still a sinner. And I learned that sinners cannot go to heaven. If someone dies without knowing Jesus as their savior then Hell will be their forever home. Matthew 25: 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels

I learned that Jesus was fully God, fully Man and fully the Holy Spirit. How, I can't explain some of Almighty God's ways, but that is what scripture tells us. Over the years I have seen many miracles happen. As I said, I am a Christian and I don't dwell on satan or evil. I dwell on the things of Almighty God because they are much more fruitful. I pray you will read the New Testament starting with John. Read it once to get a notion of what it is. Read it a second time after asking God if this is real. Read it a third time with an open heart and allowing God to change you. I guarantee you will feel different and you will have a desire to believe.

Thank you for sharing your testimony CaryAnn! :)

We do have an amazing God!

Reunionroundthecorner

Love this!