My Second Birthday Just want to give God the Glory

lenraff

This past Sunday was my second birthday 2/10/73.
Driving on the New Jersey parkway on the way home from work in the company van, just after 5PM. In the center lane exceeding the speed limit. Suddenly my sight began to fade, no doubt from years of drug and alcohol abuse. Dropping liquid LSD in the eyes not a great idea, but Jimi Hendrix did it, so..... Besides the darkness there was also a horrible presence filling that van, something so intense it made my skin crawl. Together both terrified me more than any and all bad experiences I had in my 21 years of life. People had preached to me, gave tracks, warned me prayed for me all my life, I wanted nothing to do with any of it (It being Jesus). I was a degenerate hippie and intended to stay that way!
But Jesus Had Other Plans !

Blindly hurling down that road with that horror surrounding me, the words of those Christians who tried so hard to win me turned into a faith I never thought I had; I CRIED OUT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS- JESUS SAVE ME ! Like a man drowning. In a moment that filthy presence left and my sight returned instantly and the Lord spoke these words as clear as a bell Come to Me Leonard, (and I did), in the next instance the presence of His spirit filled that van.

He's the same yesterday today and forever,AMEN. What He did for me way back then He's still doing today. Precious Jesus, The Savior of men!

Kaatje

I’m always amazed when reading testimonies like yours, Leonard.
Just can’t fully grasp how and why God wants have to do with us in the first place.
But He does, and I’m ever so grateful!

Happy Second birthday to you, Leonard (and to all of us on the Forum)! :birthday

Brother Albert R.

This past Sunday was my second birthday 2/10/73.
Driving on the New Jersey parkway on the way home from work in the company van, just after 5PM. In the center lane exceeding the speed limit. Suddenly my sight began to fade, no doubt from years of drug and alcohol abuse. Dropping liquid LSD in the eyes not a great idea, but Jimi Hendrix did it, so..... Besides the darkness there was also a horrible presence filling that van, something so intense it made my skin crawl. Together both terrified me more than any and all bad experiences I had in my 21 years of life. People had preached to me, gave tracks, warned me prayed for me all my life, I wanted nothing to do with any of it (It being Jesus). I was a degenerate hippie and intended to stay that way!
But Jesus Had Other Plans !

Blindly hurling down that road with that horror surrounding me, the words of those Christians who tried so hard to win me turned into a faith I never thought I had; I CRIED OUT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS- JESUS SAVE ME ! Like a man drowning. In a moment that filthy presence left and my sight returned instantly and the Lord spoke these words as clear as a bell Come to Me Leonard, (and I did), in the next instance the presence of His spirit filled that van.

He's the same yesterday today and forever,AMEN. What He did for me way back then He's still doing today. Precious Jesus, The Savior of men!
Happy re-birthday Lenraff
Today is my un-birthday (Alice in wonderland reference);)
God bless,
Brother ALbert