My phone is at it again

Lovin Jesus

A while back I was having an issue with my Android
Ironically as sudden as the issue began it stopped and forgot about it because it just didn't happen again for a good while
A couple of days ago it started acting up again When I am using the internet on any site when using my phone even here on RF, there's a sudden flash on the face of my phone. It's as though the camera took a picture but when I look into my photo gallery nothing is there. Has anyone ever had your phone suddenly flash as though it took a picture? It happens every time I am using the internet on my phone.
Any thoughts on what it could be?

LoudRam

What browser are you using? Try a different one. Also do a soft reset also known as a simulated battery pull. Usually that is done by holding the down volume button and the power button at the same time for about 30 seconds or until it resets. Look up your specific phone for details on how to do it.

And I've never heard of a phone doing that.

I just thought of something. I just got a new Z Flip 3 and my wife has an S21+. Both phones can take screen shots by just waving our hand over the screen. I'm sure other Samsung's can do this to. If this is a new or newer phone, check for a setting like that. Maybe it got turned on accidently? That's all I got for now. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Also make sure your phone is updated. System, security, and apps.

Lovin Jesus

What browser are you using? Try a different one. Also do a soft reset also known as a simulated battery pull. Usually that is done by holding the down volume button and the power button at the same time for about 30 seconds or until it resets. Look up your specific phone for details on how to do it.

And I've never heard of a phone doing that.

I just thought of something. I just got a new Z Flip 3 and my wife has an S21+. Both phones can take screen shots by just waving our hand over the screen. I'm sure other Samsung's can do this to. If this is a new or newer phone, check for a setting like that. Maybe it got turned on accidently? That's all I got for now. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Also make sure your phone is updated. System, security, and apps.
Thank you. I have done the holding down both volume and power at the same time, restarting it but it's still the same. I thought it would stop if I disabled the camera but the disable and forced stop options appear faded and I can't turn off the camera feature. I need a new phone anyway I just need to find one that isn't too costly

Something else weird just happened right now. My phone was in my hand and it started ringing a ringtone that I didn't recognize and I rechecked to be sure I had my phone and not my roommates. It's mine. It stopped ringing. I checked my call history to recheck the number to see if I recognize it. The call isnt on my call History. It's like that call me never happened
Very strange.

Lovin Jesus

Thank you. I have done the holding down both volume and power at the same time, restarting it but it's still the same. I thought it would stop if I disabled the camera but the disable and forced stop options appear faded and I can't turn off the camera feature. I need a new phone anyway I just need to find one that isn't too costly

Something else weird just happened right now. My phone was in my hand and it started ringing a ringtone that I didn't recognize and I rechecked to be sure I had my phone and not my roommates. It's mine. It stopped ringing. I checked my call history to recheck the number to see if I recognize it. The call isnt on my call History. It's like that call me never happened
Very strange.
I think I found out what those calls are with the ringtone I don't have. When they come in I don't answer the call but the calls don't get ony call history. I'm not sure what I did the last call I got after posting this thread. It said something like duo voice chat. I have no idea how that got my number I don't even know anything about duo voice chat but heard of it vaguely. Anyone know what that duo voice chat is and how it could have gotten my phone number to keep calling me? One of my sisters callee this morning telling me she got a similar call with a different ringtone than she has just like I did only difference is that call had me as the caller but I didn't call her and that call also came in with a different ringtone too. The calls I get have no name but only has an image of a person but no name or real picture of a person
I don't know what is going on but I'm calling my phone provider now to ask how my number got hooked up to that duo voice chat. It's annoying to keep getting those unwanted calls

LoudRam

Duo voice chat is the Google version of Apple FaceTime. In and of itself it is a safe and legit app. I have it and have used it with my wife. Do you happen to have T- Mobile? They were hacked a few months back and a lot of numbers were compromised including mine. That's why I switched carriers.

Try these two apps and see what they come up with. I've used both and they are safe.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hidden.apps.detector

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware

Lovin Jesus

Duo voice chat is the Google version of Apple FaceTime. In and of itself it is a safe and legit app. I have it and have used it with my wife. Do you happen to have T- Mobile? They were hacked a few months back and a lot of numbers were compromised including mine. That's why I switched carriers.

Try these two apps and see what they come up with. I've used both and they are safe.

No. I use cricket wireless. I usually don't like using the internet for business like paying bills or medical portals but have had to because everything is going that route in business dealings and my phone number is required many times and no doubt hackers get on those sites and steal data. Also, I have a Gmail account that requires phone number that in itself is telling how my number is getting sold or obtained without my consent. Thank you for your input

Classic

My iPhone sometimes vibrates but there isn’t any call or text or email. It’s not a regular vibration like the ring tone, it’s much less than that. On the internet others notice the same thing. Done the usual things suggested on the net, no resolution.

Lovin Jesus

No. I use cricket wireless. I usually don't like using the internet for business like paying bills or medical portals but have had to because everything is going that route in business dealings and my phone number is required many times and no doubt hackers get on those sites and steal data. Also, I have a Gmail account that requires phone number that in itself is telling how my number is getting sold or obtained without my consent. Thank you for your input
My iPhone sometimes vibrates but there isn’t any call or text or email. It’s not a regular vibration like the ring tone, it’s much less than that. On the internet others notice the same thing. Done the usual things suggested on the net, no resolution.
I have had so many issues with my phone its annoying. Another weird thing is when I am on a business call no matter what business it is, of they place me on hold and it takes a while, about 15 minutes or longer, they come back and start talking to me I hear them clearly bit they can't hear me. They are hello hello are you there? Here I am saying yes I'm here can you hear me and I have no idea why my end can't be heard but I hear them well. This happens with different business calls different times and days. I have gotten where I think maybe my phone is rigged to give me trouble after a while to give me no choice but to upgrade my phone. Idk but it bugs me.

LoudRam

Looking at what Cricket offers I would stick with either Samsung or Motorola.
Phonescoop.com has a great tool to compare phones side by side.

Lovin Jesus

Usually most companies will give their phones two years of Android OS updates and two to three years of security updates. But that does vary by manufacturer and phone. Obviously the flagship phones are supported for a longer period of time.
What do you know about VPN? I know it's a type of security for devices and computers but are they a good thing and are they effective? Do they really secure you from hackers and block the access to tech entities like Google from accessing and stealing your data?

LoudRam

What do you know about VPN? I know it's a type of security for devices and computers but are they a good thing and are they effective? Do they really secure you from hackers and block the access to tech entities like Google from accessing and stealing your data?
It protects your privacy online. No one can see what you are doing. Here's an article I found explaining what it is and what it does. I don't use one but I should. https://www.usnews.com/360-reviews/vpn/what-is-a-vpn

GEOINTAnalyst

Mainly the flash is because your OS system cannot decide between hardware GPU or software CPU. Especially when you open small applications or using the Chrome app, you probably would meet a flickering issue. Go to Settings > Display > Brightness. Deselect the option "Automatic/Adaptive brightness" and see if that helps - if it does it may mean the Adaptive Brightness function has failed or is failing