My new belief about Heaven

InsuranceGuy

I have struggled with Heaven somewhat. The struggle has always been how much lf this life will we remember, will we be more like robots if we don't remember much, etc. etc. I have seen many other Christians struggle with the same questions.

After much prayer, I now believe we remember it all. The difference is our reaction with our glorified bodies and minds will be nothing like our reactions or thoughts of today. We will understand everything perfectly, the way Jesus does. Therefore, while we remember people, we will also fully and completely understand why a soul may not have made it into the Kingdom and be in total agreement with our Lord's most righteous decision.

These questions have bothered me for some time. I could be wrong on my belief, but I choose to believe it.

Eric Nicholas

I want to remember the cosmic struggle. When it comes into whatever mind I possess then, I'm almost sure a great rejoicing will overcome me. I don't want that to ever go away. But what I want and what will be may very well be two different things. So, I agree, the perspective is the future. It won't feel like we are crying into the empty night sky and we won't feel the seeming void creep into the heart a moment longer. We will be free and in the sun (Son)! Hosanna.

Last edited:

mattfivefour

I have struggled with Heaven somewhat. The struggle has always been how much lf this life will we remember, will we be more like robots if we don't remember much, etc. etc. I have seen many other Christians struggle with the same questions.

After much prayer, I now believe we remember it all. The difference is our reaction with our glorified bodies and minds will be nothing like our reactions or thoughts of today. We will understand everything perfectly, the way Jesus does. Therefore, while we remember people, we will also fully and completely understand why a soul may not have made it into the Kingdom and be in total agreement with our Lord's most righteous decision.

These questions have bothered me for some time. I could be wrong on my belief, but I choose to believe it.
I think you are most likely right, Dan. I lean to the same way of thinking. Regardless, I rest in God's promise that what He has prepared for us there is far, far beyond anything we could ever dream of here, that life there will be --for the very first time in our existence-- ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! :yeah I cannot even grasp what that will be like.

Batman

We will remember everything but sin and our sin nature specifically is wiped clean and totally gone. There are no memory losses unless God wants to remove something from us for our protection, but I doubt is necessary b/c as a sinless eternal creature we now have the capacity to handle anything and everything from our past that we did, others did, and where our fellow lost humans are now spending eternity. He also promises to wipe away every tear so we won't struggle with the pain that our finite limited sinful humanity now has to deal with.

InsuranceGuy

I think you are most likely right, Dan. I lean to the same way of thinking. Regardless, I rest in God's promise that what He has prepared for us there is far, far beyond anything we could ever dream of here, that life there will be --for the very first time in our existence-- ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! :yeah I cannot even grasp what that will be like.

No worries Adrian. I'm going to call you after I've met Jesus and let you know how things are going. I'm not sure how it will show up on caller ID, but if you get a call from a number and it just says 'Heaven', it's probably me.

Andy C

Well said Dan, I agree.

Another possibility I have read to add on to what you said would be those unbelievers we knew in our former life will no longer be remembered by us in or new and glorified body.

Lovin Jesus

This is what we are told in Isaiah 65:17 “ See, I will create a new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.” I believe that this means we will not remember the bad things from the past, pain, sickness, death, wickedness, nor will we remember our sins. I believe we will still have our good memories and pretty much anything that is of a godly nature.

Nemophilist

Love this thread! I believe as you do. We will understand completely, as Jesus does. The amazing thing to me is that (I believe) we will have this understanding instantly, as soon as we arrive in heaven.

soundingthealarm

I took my 23 year old son out for lunch today and this topic came up by him. He was like "Dad, I wanted to live my dreams here BUT they seem so little now, I'm way more excited for Jesus to take us home." I said "son, I think that is happening to believers more n more in a HUGE WAY."

It then transitioned to "what will the Millenial Reign be and Heaven and will that thousand years go as slow as a year here?" lol

There more we talked the more excited and longing for leaving this place to be with Our Heavenly Father and Jesus AND The Holy Spirit AND believing family and friends grows!!

JSTyler

I just finished with the entire Left Behind series today via audiobook. They have a very similar take. I find it very exciting and encouraging. The positions they posit for the Millennial Kingdom is very interesting and very probable, too and fall right into line with your OP @InsuranceGuy I'm all in!

Great series, can't recommend it highly enough. I listened through the Dramatic versions and they are fantastic. I will begin the entire series all over starting tomorrow with the three prequels and then forward all on unabridged audio.

ReadyOrNot

I just finished with the entire Left Behind series today via audiobook. They have a very similar take. I find it very exciting and encouraging. The positions they posit for the Millennial Kingdom is very interesting and very probable, too and fall right into line with your OP @InsuranceGuy I'm all in!

Great series, can't recommend it highly enough. I listened through the Dramatic versions and they are fantastic. I will begin the entire series all over starting tomorrow with the three prequels and then forward all on unabridged audio.
This sounds really good! I’m going to listen!

What you say sounds reasonable to us down here.

When I think about it, if we are not told then no one knows. I do know it will be completely different than what men imagine, because men cannot imagine it. (1 Cor 2) Any who may know are forbidden to speak of such things. (2 Cor 12)

It's gonna be glorious, brother.