My Life With God

Darrell Creamer

Brother Rain. I enjoyed reading your story and it is quite remarkable. I would like to comment on an issue you seem to be confused about. Bible study would help you. The issue is that you seem to be angry with those that criticise or speak ill will of different belief systems, denominations or those teaching something different than what they believe. Well, that may or may not be justified. God’s instructions are clear. Love everyone PERIOD. But he also has some other instructions for us. Read and understand the Bible. It will never let you down. If you read and understand the Bible you will come to some conclusions which I call “the essentials of faith”. They are #1-God is all powerful and all that implies, #2-god created the universe, #3-jesus was born of a virgin wholly man and wholly God, #4-Jesus died on a cross for you and me and believing in that is the only way to gain admittance to the kingdom, #5-He resurrected from death back to life, 6-God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit comprise the Trinity. I believe belief in all of those are ESSENTIAL to faith. So, what are we to do with that as it relates to those other belief systems be they Mormon, catholic, Islam, Buddhist or whatever. We should put those essentials along side any belief system and JUDGE them accordingly. Here are some examples of doing that. Take Mormonism as an example. Should we love them and be kind to them. Absolutely but they do not believe in the essentials such as Jesus was God and the trinity. Sorry, they are not Believers in the same way you say you are and there belief system should be rejected and appropriately criticised. Mormonism is a cult pure and simple. Sorry but that is just the truth and one of my best friends is a Mormon and it grieves me that he will not be in Heaven with me. Let’s take Catholics next. Catholics believe in all the essentials mentioned above. Will some of them be in Heaven? I believe they will. Probably % wise as many as say Baptists or Methodists. However, they have a very flawed theology which God does not approve of but I don’t believe will deny them admittance into the Kingdom. You mentioned Maryiology and that is most certainly true. I.E. they believe Mary, the mother of Jesus, was a perpetual virgin. That is just simply preposterous. Both James and Jude were his brothers and they contributed to the Bible by writing their own books. Why do they venerate Mary that way. A little history lesson will reveal why. In thebeginnig of the third century Christians were being heavily persecuted by the Romans. Beheade and things like that. The emperor of Rome Constantine was presented with a problem when his own mother converted. He subsequently converted also. PROBLEM. The dominant belief system in the empire was paganism. So he decided to try to fix everything by blending paganism with christianity or THE WAY. To do this he convened the council of Nicea around ad320 made up of leaders in the catholic or universal church and paganism. They met for a long time and thrashed out a way to consolidate paganism and christianity. They did much evil but on the issue of Maryiology here is what happened. The pagans worshipped a female goddess named Ashtarte who had a son named Tammuz. They decided to combine Ashtarte and Mary and came up with the brilliant idea of claiming Mary, the mother of Jesu never had any children. I’ve done a lot of study and challenged catholic friends on this issue. Their explanation for how Mary could be a perpetual virgin is so convoluted it stretches the imagination.

Remember this. Love all and keep the faith.

Rain

BROTHER RAIN HOW ARE YOU DOING? I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU AND WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO PRAY FOR ME TOO. I WOULD BE PROUD TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY THAT YOU NEED. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THIS SITE. YOU ARE LOVED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THE PEOPLE HERE. JESUS IS THE ANSWER TO ALL THE PROBLEMS! YOU CAN FIND THE ANSWERS IN THE WORD! LOVE IN JESUS Billy
I pray for you all every day and night.

billy swinea

BROTHER RAIN IT IS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! I SAW YOU WERE BACK. I HAVE PRAYED FOR GIDENCE OF WHAT TO SAY TO YOU! I BELIEVE YOU WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE SAVED! WE HERE AT R F TRY NOT TO RUN DOWN OTHER FAITHS. BUT WHEN THEY ARE SENDING PEOPLE TO HELL WE HAVE TO SPEAK OUT! THIS IS A PLACE OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP! WE TALK OF MANY SUBJECTS. IF I CAN BE OF HELP TO YOU IN ANY WAY JUST ASK. SURE GLAD YOU DECIDED TO COME BACK! I AM PRAYING FOR YOU TOO! LOVE YOU IN JESUS HOLY NAME! SEE YOU IN THE RAPTURE! Billy

Andy C

Its good to see you back and in fellowship with all on this forum.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Philippians 1:9-10
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Dave

Hi Rain,

I would recommend reading The New Testament at least once. There is alot of need to know stuff in there. If you don't want to read all four gospels then read one and skip to the book of Acts. I recommend reading all four. There is a ton of information that you need to know for your own benefit. Like you I was dragged to church when I was a kid by my grandparents and then stopped going when my Grandfather passed away of cancer in 86. I am 42 by the way. I got baptized in a Baptist church and never went back until here recently. I just started going back to the one my Grandparents took me to when I was younger. Going back I am finding myself more at peace. Its a good church and they go by the bible. They told me its important to be of one mind and they preach against the Leftist PC stuff. I love going there every Sunday since I started in late February. I go to Bible Study and attend Worship. I work nights so its quite difficult but I enjoy going. I would recommend the same for you. I made some pretty good Christian friends there. Something I been needing. I have been pretty isolated for a long time.

Also MattFiveFour is a great guy. Find his Testimony if you get the chance. You don't have to fear him as an Administrator. He is a true Man of God. He'll stir you in the right direction. This is a great community as well. I have asked for prayers when I was going through a mental breakdown before and they prayed for me and asked me how I was doing when I first posted way back in 2006.

I am growing in my faith and as a Christian. I consider myself a work in progress. There is tons I don't know either but I learn from reading here. My name is Dave by the way.

Judy4Jesus

Hi Rain,

I would recommend reading The New Testament at least once. There is alot of need to know stuff in there. If you don't want to read all four gospels then read one and skip to the book of Acts. I recommend reading all four. There is a ton of information that you need to know for your own benefit. Like you I was dragged to church when I was a kid by my grandparents and then stopped going when my Grandfather passed away of cancer in 86. I am 42 by the way. I got baptized in a Baptist church and never went back until here recently. I just started going back to the one my Grandparents took me to when I was younger. Going back I am finding myself more at peace. Its a good church and they go by the bible. They told me its important to be of one mind and they preach against the Leftist PC stuff. I love going there every Sunday since I started in late February. I go to Bible Study and attend Worship. I work nights so its quite difficult but I enjoy going. I would recommend the same for you. I made some pretty good Christian friends there. Something I been needing. I have been pretty isolated for a long time.

Also MattFiveFour is a great guy. Find his Testimony if you get the chance. You don't have to fear him as an Administrator. He is a true Man of God. He'll stir you in the right direction. This is a great community as well. I have asked for prayers when I was going through a mental breakdown before and they prayed for me and asked me how I was doing when I first posted way back in 2006.

I am growing in my faith and as a Christian. I consider myself a work in progress. There is tons I don't know either but I learn from reading here. My name is Dave by the way.
:thumbup